Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   The Doll Palace Life (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/doll-palace-life/)
-   -   Dollsters-Official Staff Owned Site/Forum (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/doll-palace-life/21829-dollsters-official-staff-owned-site-forum.html)

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 11-20-2009 09:37 PM

Dollsters-Official Staff Owned Site/Forum

Okay, for anyone who has not been online this evening, the site has been down for exactly 2 and 1/2 hours. We are requesting all members join the rescue board now. We know we aren't ready, but we can't risk a shut down without having everyone prepared and have discovered that the webhost is due to expire next year.

So, join! I am changing validation settings now, so everyone just needs to have a working email. Massive help will be needed for copying and the such in the event we go down again. I hate to rush this since we are still under construction, but I'd feel better if everyone was there rather than not!
Dollsters

JOIN! We will give instructions there for how to help. Copying to all relevant boards where attention is immediately needed.

Babii_Des 11-21-2009 02:38 AM

hey

If this site is shutting down then how do we stop it?
Like how would we join the rescue board to help not let it shut down.

LancasterPrincess 11-21-2009 04:58 AM

The Rescue Board is in place so that if/when the site does shuts down everyone has a place to go to. It'll be a safe haven for all TDP members to coordinate on what to do next or to simply just keep in touch with all of your friends.

If this site closed down there will be nearly nothing we or anyone but Jessica and her team can do about it. The only thing we can hope to achieve is to lessen our losses. And a huge way to achieve that is to not lose contact even if this site ceases to exist.

It was worded perfectly by someone, I cant remember who (Sorry person, hectic day ya know, lol!):

A site can change it's URL or be deleted, but you can never delete the frienships made and the lasting bonds that were created. Dollsters will be there to make sure that friendships last and bonds stay together.

Heva_Banana_Mad 11-21-2009 07:48 AM

Is this just the forum or both the main site and the forum?
I have registered.

Miranda_ 11-21-2009 08:23 AM

It's the whole site. Since the forums are hosted on the main TDP server, if there's a site shutdown then the forums will go too.

The fact that there have been no updates for so long; the site isn't being kept clean or monitored; and that helpdesk is still backed up are what makes us think that Support will eventually close the site down. You can see why we're worried, so if you want to keep in touch with everyone and keep posting on a TDP like site, then join Dollsters right away. We're not finished with the board yet, but we plan to have all the updates we wanted for TDP installed.

Heva_Banana_Mad 11-21-2009 08:46 AM

Oh ok. NOOOOOOO!
Don't worry if you don't know the answer to this question.
If we have premium do you think it will be automatically cancelled or do we have to cancel it?

Miranda_ 11-21-2009 09:15 AM

I expect it will be cancelled and refunds given out; no business would just take your money and run. If that happens, then I guess we'll know for sure that there's going to be a permanent shut down. :(

person_2 11-21-2009 11:30 AM

site shut down

that dollers sight is wierd. its so much different than tdp. like, u dont have a profile or others to comment on and, the sight wont let me post on a forum!

Miranda_ 11-21-2009 11:34 AM

If you don\'t like it, then that\'s your problem. We\'re not changing it. All we are doing is giving everyone a place to go in case of a shutdown, but if you don\'t like it, then you don\'t have to go there. At least we gave you the chance.

tinker_bell_96 11-21-2009 01:06 PM

if TDP does shut down will dollsters have dollmakers and club and cliques etc too or is it just going to be the forum?