Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#81 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 12-19-2010, 12:18 PM

Will add both the guestbook and email. I had one for the forum, but I prefer having a separate one for people to contact since that one is mainly for forum staff accounts and site business.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#82 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-21-2010, 02:51 AM

Updated: FAQ section on forums. Tomorrow I'll be putting it up on the website and also adding the chatroom.

Staff also has been updated to reflect current positions.

Edit: Also, changed the site background. Thoughts compared to the forum one? If I make a new one, it should have similar swirls. Also, how does the floral compare? Should we go with something less artsy or feminine in terms of the background to expand appeal?

Here are some possible alternative styles: http://bespokewallpaper.co.uk/images...dwallpaper.jpg
http://pics.classifieds.weddingbee.com/10093.ozbblack[1].jpg
http://www.vectorstock.com/composite...und-vector.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/...e62edec6_o.jpg

We also, finally, could go a completely different direction and go with a brown background instead, but this will lead to a complete forum revamp. Not out of the question, just a bit more intense. Might give it a better look though, which I've been considering.

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 12-21-2010 at 03:06 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#83 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 12-21-2010, 03:16 PM

Mm, I like the wallpaper look, it's classy. The fourth one is quite good as-is, but the second one might look better with the contrast lowered (so it's grey-on-black rather than white-on-black).

I'm not opposed to a forum revamp, though I think we should be focusing on the site for the moment. Tweak the site design until we find something that works, then carry it over to the forums as well.

Last edited by Elanorea : 12-24-2010 at 03:06 PM.
(#84 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-21-2010, 10:14 PM

Background has been fixed. Like?

Also, added chat link, adjusted forum link, and am adding the FAQ now. I also will be finishing the rest of the sections text-wise (Miranda, I'll be sending something to you since you are in charge of the forums and co-owner, so you need to be listed) and adding a guestbook or something like that. Also, generally making the content sections more pretty with images and the such.

(#85 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 12-22-2010, 09:05 AM

Wow, background looks much better now! Very nice. BTW, would it be possible to make the borders of the text areas the same style as the banner's border? Would give the site a more unified look.

(#86 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-22-2010, 11:58 AM

Yeah, I'll track down what section it is in the code and see what I can do. A little CSS should fix that, but first I have to sort through my FAQ code and tidy it up into plain text.

(#87 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-25-2010, 11:37 AM

Does the forum have a site link, bychance? If not, might be a good idea to add one so that people can go from the forum to the site without having to type the address in; they can just click.

(#88 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-27-2010, 04:24 PM

Okay, done with the forum link to the mainsite and The Vine's latest issue is up as well Our main work now is the dollmaker and I'm just making decorative changes.

The border CSS will take longer. I figured out what is the border in the coding, however it doesn't replace it the way I'd like. I'll have to build it from the ground up to get the layout right, so that is going to sit on the back burner for a bit.

Edit: Also, not sure if I noted this, but Elanorea, you have been bumped to mod status on The Vine forum, feel free to edit away in there. I updated staff, so all Greeters now have staff access to our board and a new event is underway.

(#89 (permalink))
Old
Natalie197 (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default :( - 01-26-2011, 12:25 PM

Why hasnt there been updates on the site for ages? Are there going to be any new dressup games?
(#90 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 01-26-2011, 08:11 PM

Yes, actually, the first dollmaker is being released in exactly 5 days! The members have been working very hard on it and I'm pleased with the results.

Also, a new edition of the Vine is due to be out soon. Both will prompt a site update