Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#71 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 08-07-2010, 04:17 PM

The AIO is still being worked on. I have a problem with it, so money has been temporarily stopped for the time being until its sorted out.

Also, the dollmaker is officially underway! I will be revealing a preview in a few days.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#72 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-10-2010, 11:10 PM

Will Dollsters be just the forums part, or will be like all of TDP? Because i most definitely love this place, and I'd hate to see all the wonderful dollmakers just go poof!

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#73 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-11-2010, 12:43 AM

It is going to be more like TDP in the future, with plenty of dollmakers. The site just hasn't been opened yet because I truthfully messed up my coding and have to redo it.

(#74 (permalink))
Old
Kiwi_Kat (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-11-2010, 01:35 PM

I really like the notification boxes that pop up. I've always thought they were kinda nifty.

NO SLEEP IN HEAVEN OR BETHLEHEM
"I feel you breathing... Everywhere...The rain, the hay... please. Please Wendela."
(#75 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-10-2010, 09:59 PM

The AIO is finally fixed. We will be getting back on track with updates soon

(#76 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-17-2010, 06:37 PM

Want to see a preview of the Dollsters webpage? Click the following link and be sure to leave feedback on the format/style. Pages are still incomplete because I've been dealing with fixing the layout, but this gives you a basic preview of the possible layout.

Home -

Would everyone like the navigation on the side or on top? Are there any pages you want? Are the pages ordered well? Any colour criticisms (other possible options are red, a dark brown, or black. We are currently using a bright brown. The rest don't match the colours well)?

Also, we have some features on the forums that may be better suited to a mainsite link, such as the FAQ page or the chatroom. Should these be moved or have a copy on the mainsite?

Lots to discuss I will be posting a community dollmaker thread and linking it.

(#77 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 12-17-2010, 06:58 PM

Well, I still hate that background, it's downright painful on the eyes, much more noticeably here than on the forums. Other than that, the layout is quite nice, I like the colours. Probably should have links to the FAQs, chat and such on the mainsite as well.

(#78 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-17-2010, 07:02 PM

Yeah, I was looking at that thinking "dear lord, this looks much worse than before" and thought overall it needs readjusting, again or something completely new (the background on a different template actually seemed nicer, I am thinking about doing something similar with swirls or just using the same basic colours to fix it because I think its the colours getting me), and the forum needs toning down, its too bright for me suddenly. Its going to be my project this week quickly fixing things like that.

Edit: Dollsters - Community Dollmaker
Bases are inside! Skin colour feedback desired.

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 12-17-2010 at 07:08 PM.
(#79 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-18-2010, 12:07 PM

Maybe add a guestbook on the front page, so that people can leave comments? Of course, all the staff will need to have editing access to it, in case of trolls.

And under "contact me"; maybe we need a Dollsters email! Create a new hotmail or yahoo account for Dollsters; cuz that way our private emails will remain private and hopefully problem members and trolls will see for themselves the pointlessness of spamming the email. The staff could all have the password to get into the inbox; it might be easier for some people to use an email, for example, to send an attachment.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 12-18-2010 at 12:10 PM.
(#80 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 12-18-2010, 06:19 PM

^I like that e-mail idea! And a guestbook (or tagboard) would be nice as well.

EDIT: Went ahead and made a Gmail account for us, gonna PM you the details.

Last edited by Elanorea : 12-18-2010 at 06:28 PM.