Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 11-24-2009, 09:07 PM

Well we know if won't be for another month to say the least. I was just charged for Premiumship today. At least I hope they wouldn't charge me if they were planning on closing down. 0.o'

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-24-2009, 10:02 PM

No way would they do that. Its very thoroughly illegal to have you pay for services you are not receiving.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
prin367cess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-25-2009, 11:48 PM

I think the Premium payments are on an automatic thing, b/c i never request to continue as Premi, it just continues to be updated every month.

av&sig: LancasterPrincess
http://purple-hippie.blogspot.com
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-03-2009, 01:37 PM

It shouldn't be? They should ask you about renewing it, but everyone's premium seems to be working differently for some reason.

By the way folks, the rescue board has been converted to our updated service. I'll be posting about all of our new features when I get back from class, but you all should be very excited Don't worry about the layout, I have to recode tonight, which will be a pain in the butt since I wasn't expecting us to convert yet and was hoping I'd be able to do the codes before we changed. Oh well, at least we're one step closer to the official opening!

(#25 (permalink))
Old
saikalera_dookie129

Unhappy TDP must not be lost! - 12-05-2009, 12:39 AM

how are we supposed to write and everything?
Why is the site being shut down, anyway? Can't Jessica just pass it on if she's tired of running the site?
how do you go onto the rescue thingy?
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-05-2009, 01:05 AM

1. You can write on the forums just like you just did If you mean stories, you will see a writing forum on there if you scroll down. Just post in the appropriate forum. We also have blogs now too.

2. The site will possibly shut down because the expiration date is next year. With the lack of updates(fully explained in the Forum Feedback thread), chances are it will close. If not, its lifespan isn't going to be much longer to begin with. Tops, 1-2 years of renewal, which may seem like a lot, but with time on here, you find it runs out quickly.

3. Just click the provided link Once there, you can choose to register if you wish and explore our many new options. I'm currently adjusting the layout colors, so forgive the strange look it has right now.

(#27 (permalink))
Old
Sweet_Venom (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 12-13-2009, 11:39 PM

What can I do? I don't really understand what is hppening. All I can understand is that a really good site with really good people is going to be lost forever and I'll cry. =[ We could copy the source and buy the URL. Anyone like that idea?

--RINA

[♥]AVI MADE BY ME[◊]
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-14-2009, 01:29 AM

The best thing everyone can do is register and help us set up the rescue forum by participating, helping build the first dollmaker, and sharing the link with friends. Its a small start, but still a start. From there we can figure out where to go and what to do. There's been a lot of suggested dollmakers and a lot of future plans there that would grow the place into a new community.

I don't think many of the members could afford that due to being young nor would us older members be able to shell out the cash. This site is immensely expensive and also comes with a lot of problems(legal and others). Not to shoot down hopes since I do want to see this site continue, but for me, I'd have to see massive changes to remain here regardless and keep this site as the center of my internet goings, even if it doesn't shut down. I think many users, including myself, are tired of being ignored and just want the problems to stop.

(#29 (permalink))
Old
LyingNaked (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-14-2009, 03:30 AM

That really sucks. This site has been nothing but helpful for lots of people - [and in my opinion] especially helpful for young story writer's. There's so much support.

It's a shame there's nothing we can really do.

Kiss Me In The Rain
x= Silenced, But Not Wordless =x
thanks Kelly

Support Dr. Bubblesworth, the Fish!
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-14-2009, 06:31 PM

I agree that its been immensely helpful in a lot of aspects. I've seen everyone's dolling and writing skills(not just from the stories section, but also in the roleplay section) really just go through the roof. Maybe with a fresh start, we could bridge the lines between the sections though, adding new perspectives for critiquing and discussions.

An expiration date does not necessarily mean the end of all things. It just means we have opportunities for new beginnings. It gives everyone a chance to pursue the things they've dreamed of doing. I've always dreamed of having a doll site of my own and this has afforded me an opportunity that I've wanted to pursue for years. I know some people are creating their own sites, which I have nothing against. I accept the choices people are making and while I would hope we could continue to be one community, I understand each section has its own needs and desires. I will say that I hope more of the writers will choose to join us. We have plenty of writers on the forums who simply left the writing section because of how bad it used to be(and still is in some parts) and I think having us come together would really spur some great stories and poems.

I'm rambling. In some ways I am a hopeful fool, but in others I can see how things can come together. It just takes the will power of the members. I continue to encourage people to join Dollsters. With more people, we can really get an idea of what each section really needs. I'm not too sure what the writers would want out of their section and more writers could help me make it better for them.