Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#81 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 11-16-2009, 04:32 PM

I think it's safe to say that we should agree to dissagree on that given subject, lol.

And yes, now I know about the furts XD

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#82 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-16-2009, 05:16 PM

I see that the communication here isn't going quite cleanly, so let me see if I can smooth out the points better since you both have excellent points.

Lancaster, you are saying that allowing a place for fans to go and ranters to go will help encourage more people to come out since one overriding opinion won't be there. This is understandable.

Miranda, you are saying that sometimes this can go too far and even disagreements among fans can eventually result in arguments, pushing the boundaries further and further until you have to be a total fan of every decision or be labeled a hater. Thus, it would be better to try to foster an environment where both fans and haters can come together and speak reasonably.

I think there was some confusion here in the discussion and wanted to clarify before tossing in my two cents.

Having fan only and hate only boards will most likely lead to what Miranda is saying, where fans will disagree, then we will see 2 threads, then 10, then a whole forum full as they each split away to be their own fan/hate group.

On the other hand, no fan/hate threads means certain topics, like Twilight for example, can lead to very heated feelings and people will feel reluctant to post, like Lancaster has pointed out.

The reasonable conclusion would be for fan/hate threads to be reviewed on an individual basis. Clearly we aren't going to need separate threads for say classical christian music with satanic undertones, but we are when it comes to Lady Gaga(since everyone seems to have a love/hate relationship with her). If we handle it as each topic comes along, I think we can find a safe middle ground where fans and haters won't dominate one thread.

Hopefully that settles this a bit better I can't imagine us needing this for too many things, mainly only certain books, artists, and actors/actresses since I feel other ones can be appropriately discussed. The obvious requirement would be a strong divide in the haters/fans where a middle ground is obviously difficult to find and even harder to keep in practice.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#83 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 11-16-2009, 05:45 PM

I think there should only be seperate threads if the topic gets out of hand and flaming is involved. If topics are onesided or no-one can handle it appropiately, such as HSM for example, then fan and hate/rant threads could be created.

(#84 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 11-16-2009, 06:12 PM

Hmm...while I still dissagree, this is a good compromise and I support it.

(#85 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: Not Rated
Default 11-16-2009, 07:03 PM

This is a very awesome idea!

One way I can think of us all being connected in another way is through Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, etc. I could create an account on Facebook that way if something would go wrong and this site would shut down, say tomorrow, we would all have a way to get into contact. Granted, I also know that not everyone is old enough to have a facebook account or they just don't feel the need to have one, but then maybe on Gaia we could have another account that seems 'safer' and more interesting to other people. I have a Gaia account as well. Also, if we were to set up a Guild, I can throw in some Gaia gold to help!

Hope this wasn't too crammed together. And I will say one thing, I am so glad I came back now instead of later!!

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#86 (permalink))
Old
Moon_Crescent (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-16-2009, 09:17 PM

Good idea Singer. TDP should make a Facebook account! I'd join!

My DeviantArt

MoonCrescent
(#87 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: Not Rated
Default 11-16-2009, 09:38 PM

I was also thinking of something along the ideas of like a status update and our own photobooks, stuff like that. Maybe we can even choose our own profile layouts?

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#88 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-16-2009, 09:50 PM

My concerns about facebook is the private information, which I don't feel comfortable sharing nor for our members to share. I think a Gaia guild would be much safer and would prevent personal information from going about with the younger members.

I've opted into a conversion for the rescue board which will add some added bonuses, like blogs and more expanded profiles. I'm working to bring the forum up to this level, then I can work more on other things for it.

(#89 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 11-16-2009, 10:48 PM

*whew* I was worried for a second, lol. I wasn't too comfortable with everyone seeing my updates on Facebook or any of my other personal information. Though I must admit I don't have a Gaia account. (Hence why much earlier on I had to keep repeating that I had NO idea what the world a Guild was or that it cost gold, lol).

(#90 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-16-2009, 11:18 PM

That's alright, I'm not too overly familiar with Gaia beyond what basics I know since I only pop on when I get super frustrated and feel the need to obsessively spend my days playings games. I really don't know much about Guilds myself, I leave that to the more experienced people on Gaia. My understanding is its the equivalent of like a club here, though the finer points would need to be clarified since I've never been in one or really seen one since they were all messed up when I joined gaia to continue to be a hermit.

Either way, I would never be comfortable with personal info going about. I don't even like it when younger members go about sharing their phone numbers and being pen pals with people they just met. Its scary D: