Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-11-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanorea View Post
I'd say that if we do move to a new forum, we should let previously banned members make a fresh start if they want to. If they start making trouble, we can just ban them again, but if they've genuinely learned the error of their ways, we'll have gained another member.
Depends what they did and why they were banned. If it was for bullying, for example, it's a bit silly to let them join when it would put off their victims from joining, too. Better to lose one member in them, than lose half a dozen. I wasn't suggesting handing out bans to people before they'd even joined, but there are certain people who were banned for serious reasons who we definitely do not want messing things up.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
SillyRainbowKid (Offline)

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-11-2009, 03:44 PM

If we do start a new forum,we have to restart all of our posts and what'll happen to all the things that we'll be leaving here?I don't wanna leave!

(srry if I sound like a baby right now)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-11-2009, 04:04 PM

If you think you've got it bad... check out my postcount! XD

Anyway, when I mean serious things, I mean stuff like obscenity, serious trolling, bullying, harrassment... that kind of thing. Obviously, we don't want that kind of person posting.

(#34 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-11-2009, 04:13 PM

Please calm down. Posts are arbitrary, we have always said this. They seem important, but they really aren't. Anything we leave here would be gone since a move will only come with a shut down or if the lack of any news/updates or word at all from support continues(I'd say probably sometime next year, around May is the two year mark for no updates, would mark a point where we should at least pass out the link to the rescue forum publicly and work together to save important things). The things we are working hard to save is the RPs, links, mod forum topics, and probably tuts. Any additional things people want to save can be discussed when the time comes. Everything else can easily be redone since its just posts. What things are you worried about? I'm trying hard to cover all the bases with things that I know people would miss so some sort of action can be planned out in the future.

I think that bans should all be reviewed should a move happen. I'm not saying lift every one, but we should at least discuss each person, why they were banned, if we think the time was enough for them to have grown out of the behavior, etc. I think some people on the list could potentially grow out of their behavior, but I can think of a handful that I would never want back since I feel like no lesson can be learned(so if they did appear, I would say they should be banned outright).

Moon, updates are allowed, but I imagine after that situation Jessica probably lost enthusiasm for the site. After all, it wasn't cheap and the entire situation was stressful.

Elanorea, not pessimistic, just truthful I know we all feel similarly that we don't want to lose touch over something like that rather than through our own choices. After all, you, the forum savior who freed us from the horrors of spam and trolls, and many of us older members go back so far now that we have to stick together.

Prin367cess, agreed about the contests! I was hoping for a better turnout, which was ultimate fail :/ Maybe next year? Established things usually do better the second time around and I was planning more advertising for it.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-11-2009, 04:17 PM

I had an idea for making a Gaia Guild for handdrawn dolls and pixel art; if I did do this, how many people here have a Gaia account and would join? If we did have a Guild, we could get some of the handdrawers from the Gaian community interested, maybe even in doing commissions and participating in contests. It wouldn't be a replacement for the board, more a flagship to get people joining.

(#36 (permalink))
Old

Default 11-11-2009, 04:50 PM

That sounds like an awsome idea.I bet a bunch of people from Gaia would come on here.Miranda,you're a genuis.Besides,I've already tried to get friends from schoo lto come on here,but they wont >.<
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 11-11-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
I had an idea for making a Gaia Guild for handdrawn dolls and pixel art; if I did do this, how many people here have a Gaia account and would join? If we did have a Guild, we could get some of the handdrawers from the Gaian community interested, maybe even in doing commissions and participating in contests. It wouldn't be a replacement for the board, more a flagship to get people joining.
Sounds like a good idea. I don't go on Gaia, but knowing how active it is, you'll certainly find some people.

(#38 (permalink))
Old

Default 11-11-2009, 04:58 PM

Also,I would be able to find a bunch of pixel art sites around the web as well.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 11-11-2009, 05:22 PM

What about one for doll makers? Mabye we could get some people intrested in that?

(#40 (permalink))
Old

Default 11-11-2009, 05:45 PM

Getting a dollmaker on there wouldn't be a hard task,it's just that getting it situated in there would be.It's not everyday that you magically find a dollmaker in a Forum,you know?