Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 11-10-2009, 09:17 PM

I really like the "moving to a new forum idea" if things don't pan out here. The only concern I have is what about previous spammers/ people who have been banned permanently on here? I mean I am sure they can view whats being said on here. Would you and the other Mods have control over the banning of the members still? Just incase they want to make a come back.

About the threads. I am finding it hard to post in threads more soo then ever just because of the lack of interest in the topics. I know there are lots of threads, but I find either they are answered quickly as they are questions, game posts and picture posts. I love topics that really engagde me "the reader" to think hard and put out my ideas, thoughts and expressions on the matter.
For example: posts on an article or website. When reading the article yourself you can put your two cents in so a group can decide on their opinions.

I really love this forum. It was my very first forum I had ever been on. I want it to do well and I want to keep all the members here too. I belive it would be a fantastic idea to have a back uo forum, just in case.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Moon_Crescent (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-10-2009, 09:34 PM

In advance, if the forums were being shut down....maybe in an announcement can be arranged with the link to new forums?

My DeviantArt

MoonCrescent
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
SillyRainbowKid (Offline)

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Default 11-11-2009, 12:34 AM

There should be one anyways.If the main site ever shuts down ( which we know will and should never happen),the 1st thing the Mods/Admin will do is tell us to go to the back up Forum or if this Forum is shut down,vice versa.It should be all planned.Btw,I'm always a helping hand and have a bunch of time on my hands so if anyone needs me,I'll be here....
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-11-2009, 06:12 AM

If anyone comes to the new forum who was previously banned, we will certainly know who they are. We log troublemakers so don't worry about that. XD

(#25 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 11-11-2009, 08:06 AM

I'd say that if we do move to a new forum, we should let previously banned members make a fresh start if they want to. If they start making trouble, we can just ban them again, but if they've genuinely learned the error of their ways, we'll have gained another member.

As for whether the move to new forums will be necessary, well, it's obviously not a decision to be taken lightly and it's not absolutely crucial to do it right now, but I do feel it would be a good idea to start preparing for a move sometime in the future.

Unless support comes back, I fear this forum will only continue on a downward slope. We already have a lot of problems that can't be fully solved without an active admin (with all admin powers) and as time goes by the amount of these problems is only going to increase.

Besides, there is the possibility that one day (likely not in the near future) this site will be taken down, and it would be better at that point if we already had a new site up and running; otherwise we would likely lose a lot of our members who didn't know where to move to.

(#26 (permalink))
Old
Moon_Crescent (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Default 11-11-2009, 08:56 AM

So the authorities are gonna bring down their wrath on supports head just cuz she has updated? Wow. But is it cuz the money or the requirements? I ran a site when I was little (7 years old, had to try it) and it's still running smoothly, dispite the fact it sucks. And yet it still has 100+ viewers 0.o

My DeviantArt

MoonCrescent
(#27 (permalink))
Old
xXGrimReaperXx (Offline)

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 6 Votes / 3.67 Average
Default 11-11-2009, 10:24 AM

Wow.0.0
Anywho,she needs all the money she can get.
stress=breakdown=no work done=:[
money+stress=hope=ok=yay!
I mean that was a good idea Elanorea,about letting the banned members have a new start,but the only problem is that soem of the members will want revenge and will try to do whatever they did before and that'll just cause more problems,but...
If we don't unban them,then that'll just be a little less more people on the Forum and it's less likey to grow.

Also,the forum seems to be fine and stable..at the moment.I doubt anything will happen in the near future as long as support is doing the best she can and TDP is getting more members.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 11-11-2009, 10:58 AM

Sorry if my last post sounded a bit too pessimistic XD It's just that I've seen sites fall apart because the owners stopped caring, and I wouldn't want to see that happen here.

Anyway, there's no cause to panic now. The site is still fine and will probably be for quite a long time. I'm just saying that, if support doesn't come back, we should eventually start thinking about a move instead of letting the place stagnate.

(#29 (permalink))
Old
xXGrimReaperXx (Offline)

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 6 Votes / 3.67 Average
Default 11-11-2009, 11:04 AM

Hopefully she doesn't just quit and give up.She shouldn't.She wouldn't.It's like the main site of my day.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
prin367cess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Default 11-11-2009, 12:31 PM

I've also noticed that this site has gotten less popular. I was originally a member back in 03-05, and left because of theft and obnoxious people. When I came back, i was shocked to see how much it had changed. The contest section is a good example. Now, i can't say much about the forums, because I didn't frequent it very much during my original stay, and i'm only rarely on it now. I think i avoid it because i'm finding it hard to develop friendships like i do on other forums. (my friends have come from the mainsite.)

but i do like how involved the mods are getting lately, with the mod of the month and the Miss TDP contests. It's been fun being involved with that, and i wish there had been more members involved in it.

If this site were to shut down, i'd be pretty upset. having a backup forums site sounds reassuring, and gives us hope for being able to keep going with everything we've started.

av&sig: LancasterPrincess
http://purple-hippie.blogspot.com