Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#111 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 11-19-2009, 07:21 PM

The thing Cat posted earlier about the Contest Queue could definately be used in the Forum. It can be adjusted to include several contests at once. I too agree that only 5-10 at a time to start out with. That would definately need an approval system so people don't cut in line without permission.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#112 (permalink))
Old
MizzCrosby87 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 4 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 11-19-2009, 07:50 PM

I do think there should be a contest section in the forums other than just in the doll creation section. It might make it a little easier.

Ray William Johnson < 3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#113 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-22-2009, 06:09 PM

Update!

Contests forum is up!
Chatroom is up!
Clubs is up!
General Art is up!

More features are being added daily! Please remember to share the link with your friends.
Dollsters

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#114 (permalink))
Old
ladyguardian

Default 05-21-2010, 02:34 AM

I've been a member of TDP for long time, I mostly just come for the doll makers {the regular ones and the candybar} and the story making. I am not really into chat or forums but ever since the main site stopped updating, I've tried to find out whats going on, including trying to contact support. I finally resorted to coming to the forums where I now find that TDP is going to be gone soon?! Do I have this correct? I must say, this is dreadful, I really enjoy the original doll makers {I absolutely adore the "Click and Drag" mode}, the doll stories system and while there were still people playing, the fashion shows could be entertaining as well.
I might also add that the price has also been very decent, especially for someone of limited means, like myself.

I suppose I should get to my point, huh?
Well, the thing is, you've all been talking about this Dollster site as being a sort of backup site and I've been reading a few of the comments and browsed the site and need to ask: Will this site have any or all of the features that I've mentioned enjoying above or is it going to be mostly a forum/chat site with a touch of dolls.

I am pretty good at writing stories and such {if I do say so myself} but I'm pretty much useless in computer programing, and creating a doll maker of my own is not something I am able to do at this time, but I love the creation of fashions and characters that goes with doll makers and will really miss this site.
(#115 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-21-2010, 07:07 AM

There's a writing section on the Dollsters forum; plus blogs and a lot of the other features. We're working on having all the features the mainsite had; dollmakers etc. If you have any suggestions, feel free to make them and do check out Dollsters and sign up.

(#116 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 05-21-2010, 06:20 PM

I will say this, there is a website in the works and a dollmaker. They will be finally revealed before the move so everyone can decide if Dollsters is the site for them. I'm a bit rusty on coding from scratch, so its been taking me a bit, but I take all suggestions and am going to try to work in all of the features we currently have(with some cleaning up since many of them have problems).

Av & Sig Credit: Me