Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
bbykiki

Default doll points! - 08-10-2009, 06:16 PM

i'm pretty sure this topic should go in this area, so yeah.

what are all the ways to make dollpoints?
and how do you make yours?
quick and easy ways?
hard and slow ways?

i really want to buy shUni v2, but i only have 96 DP, and its 300 DP
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
KaraKupkakex (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 5 Votes / 2.60 Average
Send a message via MSN to KaraKupkakex
Default 08-10-2009, 07:51 PM

Before i just invited ppl,and it
got me like 200 for like 2 ppl
not sure anymore,cuz i just sign in then i have
more everyday . Idunno xD

Yoh
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 08-10-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Q: Dollpoints, what are they? How do I use and earn them?
A: Dollpoints are the official currency of TDP. You can use them to buy things in the dollpoints shop(which you can get to by clicking your dollpoints on the front page), buy dolls and bases, and other things. You earn them by doing various things on the site which include, but are not limited to, building dolls, signing in, writing stories, etc. Dollpoints can not be given to another member and this option never will be available, the exception being you can give dollpoints to clubs. Also, they will never be used to buy a premium account.

The above should answer your first question.

I make my dollpoints by logging in every day. I used to be much for attentive to them, constantly entering contests, making dolls, etc, but I don't have much time for that anymore.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#4 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 08-12-2009, 05:02 AM

I have never spent a single point. I'm hoarding them until I'm filthy Rich >:O

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-12-2009, 06:57 AM

Ditto. XD I don't really do much with mine, but then I only get points by logging in, and occasionally reporting stuff.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 08-12-2009, 05:49 PM

I have over 3000, and I bought everything I could with them, too. XD
(#7 (permalink))
Old
CherryCherryBoomBoom__ (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-07-2009, 03:07 PM

you should b able to buy premi if you have like 500 000 plus =p

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-07-2009, 03:44 PM

How many times do we have to beat this dead horse? No, you shouldn't and it won't ever happen. I'm cutting that one short before someone once more starts on it again.

This idea has been going around for years. First, the reason the site is around is because of premium. If people just site around and wait until they reach the collected doll points, the site will end up shutting down. A premium doll takes up 10x the space of a regular one, space that costs money. No one is going to accept dollpoints as payment when there isn't any money to do so.

Second, people have scammed the site and used bots and hacks to get more dollpoints. While there are precautions, it still can happen. What is going to prevent someone from doing that? Only once per account? What's to stop them from making other accounts?

Why TDP isn't and will never be totally free
FAQ, Tutorials, and More!(Updated 21/4)
Quote:
Q: Dollpoints, what are they? How do I use and earn them?
A: Dollpoints are the official currency of TDP. You can use them to buy things in the dollpoints shop(which you can get to by clicking your dollpoints on the front page), buy dolls and bases, and other things. You earn them by doing various things on the site which include, but are not limited to, building dolls, signing in, writing stories, etc. Dollpoints can not be given to another member and this option never will be available, the exception being you can give dollpoints to clubs. Also, they will never be used to buy a premium account.

Q: Why aren't the premium features free? Shouldn't they be free?
A: Premium features are not free because they take up a considerable amount of space first off. Next, they are not free because it is those premium subscriptions that keep this site running from day to day. Without these subscriptions, TDP would be closed down and we don't want that happening do we? Thus, they shouldn't be free. Also, dollpoints will never be used to purchase a premium subscription so don't even bother asking about it.

Av & Sig Credit: Me