Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Online)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Attention Everyone: Very Important - 04-21-2009, 02:39 PM

The forum staff have decided that it's time to address a couple of issues that have been cropping up recently. If you have any questions about either, feel free to ask them in this thread. However, please do not spam or flame; this is a serious information thread.

Profile Comment Warnings.

If you break rules on the forum, the first point of call is a comment warning from one of the staff, be it one of the mods (Elanorea, Sarah, Hayley or Wolfie); Kitty or myself. For a minor offence like breaking signature rules or spamming, you will get just one; for serious offences, you're likely to get more than one from different members of the forum staff. If you want to have the comments removed, then you have to wait two weeks before politely contacting the staff member who left it and asking for its removal.

Now, we get on to the real issue. It seems that some users on here are claiming that certain members of the forum staff are uncontactable and deleting their warnings. This is a lie. Every single member of the team can be reached thru Private Message or Dollmail, even if their profiles are private. Using this excuse does not help your case at all, it just makes you out to be deliberately trying to break the rules and escape your just punishment. I for one get very annoyed when people claim that I can't be contacted, just cuz my profile is private; I check my PMs and the mainsite every day, so if you PM or DM me, I certainly will receive it.

I am not about to make my profile public just to pander to users who think that they own the forum and that the forum staff should be around for them to harrass and abuse as much as they want. I used to have my profile public; however, constantly having to clean spam and flames out of it was very wearing so eventually I made it friends only. Everyone on this forum has the right to a private profile, not just you and your friends.

Harrassment And Comment Warnings.

This issue is being addressed due to certain people on here who seem to think they have a right to constantly bug the mod team thru PM and profile commenting about removing warnings. In case you forgot, harrassment is against forum rules and anyone who ignores this rule will be severely punished, whether they're harrassing a newbie or an admin. If you don't like having comment warnings on your profile, then just maybe you should have thought of that before you repeatedly broke the rules on here. The rules are not difficult to either find or understand, and you can always ask the forum staff about any you don't understand. This is preferable to spamming and harrassing and you will not get into trouble as long as you ask nicely.

Now, due to people who are harrassing forum staff about deleting warnings, we have introduced the concept of permanent warnings. A permanent comment warning is handed out only as a last resort, such as in the case of serious crimes like trolling, and also if a user is repeatedly harrassing and bugging a member of the mod team. These warnings will carry a penalty of a temp ban if they are deleted. Just stop and think about what you're doing before you start harrassing; how would you feel if you were on the receiving end? There's a human being behind every mod team member's name just as there is behind every user's name... and we don't have to take abuse.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!