Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default History of TDP - 03-02-2009, 04:36 PM

can someone relate a detailed time line of the doll palace forums' history? E,g; when new mods where elected, the founding, blahblahblah.

Sorry if this is spammy, but I'm curious! ^^"

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant

Last edited by AaronShadows : 03-02-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 03-02-2009, 08:04 PM

I'll try to do this to the best of my ability, but I can't remember much about when Elanorea and dudettel(or Sarika) became mods nor was I around during the founding. What I'll do first is try to describe the various mods I remember, past and present as well as their forums(some have changed since then), then I'll try to address the general forum history. I can't guarantee much, but as I am one of the oldest members here(dudettel being the only one I know of as older), I feel I should probably address this.

Past Mods-First Team(mostly active in 2002-2003)
Dorito, GrandSexayViking, cutesforbabes(?), etc: There were about 4-5 inactive mods when I first joined. I only recall a post or two from them in my early days. Surprisingly enough, two were guys(GrandSexayViking and another one whose name I can't remember). They were all removed in 2004 I believe.
Angeleyez(?): The original mod of entertainment and fashion. I remember she was very religious and I believe she resigned due to school in 2005, which led to me being mod. Did also work during the second team.
Sexyfox16: Mod of "Friends", slowly became inactive over time. Removed in 2006 or 2007 after being inactive for over a year. Also worked on and off during the second team.

Past Mods-Second Team(2004-2006/2007)
Suagpuppy55: A mod of General Discussion, resulted from a lone forum vote for mods. Never really active after that, but was well known for starting fights with DJ_Andercore/Postgrep at the time(along with me, Steffie, and Rachel(?). We were bad xD). Removed due to inactivity in 2006-2007.
Darkan_: Mod of GD, he was known for his dating advice. He ended up resigning due to law troubles and has since popped up from time to time, but hasn't been extremely active. He also was a result of the one time mod vote and probably the only one who ended up being a good choice.
Fairybabe: Mod of GD. Known for being our worst mod ever. She spammed and frequently yelled at people for spamming when they weren't, threw tantrums, and closed threads at random. She is why we do not allow young mods any longer. Removed due to inactivity in 2006-2007.
Sweetpea200202: Mod of dating, became a mod after going to support about the spam in that section. It caused a big scandal then because she had only been here for a few months. Became inactive over time and has not been removed yet.
Kimber: An excellent mod of multiple boards. Was a handdrawn doller and was one of the first ones to bring it here. She became inactive due to family trouble, but her posts can still be seen here and there.
Potter15: Mod of dating who ended up becoming inactive due to life issues. The last time I spoke to her was several years ago and she was in some serious trouble. I'm uncertain if she is even okay these days.
Sarika2004: Mod of fashion, up for possible removal even though she resigned quite a while back. Known for suffering from depression and has frequently left due to it. Has done work during the third team, but the majority of her activity was during this period.

Past Mods-Third Team(2007-today)
Bunnypixie: Became a mod out of nowhere when we needed a new one despite never having been active on the forums. Never really active even after becoming mod, besides one incident involving a nude modelling argument. Removed due to rule breaking which is inconsistent with the image a mod is supposed to portray.

Present Mods(2004-today)
Elanorea: I'm unsure how she became mod, maybe she can enlighten us? xD Watches over the dolling boards and was one of the first people to bring handdrawn dolling here. Also was the one who convinced Miranda to stop posting as a guest and join the site. Worked during the second team as well.
dudettel: Also unsure how she became mod. Possibly the oldest member on here currently, besides support. Has been busy currently due to family changes(congrats again darling <3). Also worked during the second team.
Silver_Wolf_Kitty: I was doing unofficial mod work beginning in the spring/summer of 2005 on DarkaN's account. He asked that I do it during his inactivity. I officially became a mod in 2005 of Entertainment, later over other boards when the changes occurred. Became a supermod in 2009.
Miranda_: Became a mod in 2006(?) of Dating and GD(Games I believe was later) after support asked around for mod recommendations. I pride myself on having suggested her xD Funny fact, Miranda first began posting as a guest and had to be convinced to join. Became a supermod in 2007-2008(?), then a coadmin in 2009.
Sarah_K_O_M: Became a mod during an inactive period of mine for my boards and GD.
Silent_Wolf: One of our newest mods, became one in 2009 and is yet to be assigned.
TheHayleyDoll: One of our newest mods, became one in 2009 and is yet to be assigned.

Greeters(First Team! 2009-onwards)
delly1: Part of our first group of greeters. Was appointed in 2009.
Singergirl509: Part of our first group of greeters. Was appointed in 2009.
Spirit_Queen: Part of our first group of greeters. Was appointed in 2009.

I think that's a pretty decent description of that, onto history in post two.

Av & Sig Credit: Me

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 03-03-2009 at 12:02 AM. Reason: I forgot Sarah xD
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-02-2009, 08:25 PM

As far as I can ascertain, the forums were founded in 2002. The oldest accounts date back to then, but the founding is obscure in my mind since I was only on fleetingly on another account then.

When I joined in late 2003, we were quite a mess. There was a lot of spam and guest posting was still allowed(and continued to be for quite a while). The board layout at the time was not this(this layout can still be see in the "Talks" section of Cliques/Clubs) and was silver in colour. There isn't much to say about that time, all of the members were quite out of control and flamed each other constantly.

The one major event of the time was the "Mod Vote". At the time, we were frustrated due to the lack of mod activity and demanded that we have a say in the decision. A group of names were proposed in a thread and those names were voted on by the members. Three member were chosen to be mods, one completely inactive, another the worst mod ever, and the final was a good mod(and close friend of mine) who had to resign. This occurred sometime in 2004. That year, sweetpea also became a mod amid much scandal due to her short time of being a member. The anger mainly came from older members who thought they were better qualified.

In 2005-2006, the majority of the second mod team began to become inactive/resign. This resulted in new mods slowly being chosen over the next couple of years and the only mods who came from that second team are dudettel and Elanorea. I came first, then Miranda, Sarah, and then Silent_Wolf and Hayley. Around that time also(probably at the beginning of 2007), the layout was changed to our current one. The new layout had updated graphics and the new profiles, with comments that we didn't have before. There had long been suggestions of an update and it resulted in this(which has been destined to become the main layout, though the change has been happening slowly). When it opened, we got a massive influx of new members who joined, then left and some of our highest numbers of members online come from that time.

In 2008, after member problems involving trolling and support's decreasing activity and interest in maintaining the forums, it was proposed that a second admin be appointed. This was Miranda and has led to some changes in positions(new mods, "Greeters" created, some promotions) and the forums(member pruning, major cleaning, etc), many of which are yet to come. At the end of 2008, we also had our first forum event ever for Christmas/the Holidays.

Over the years, we have had a few notable instances of member trouble which is worth noting.
  • Fishhead: A guest who was posting when I first joined. This member was a frequent spammer for a very long time, usually nonsense stuff.
  • Christy & Mina: A still confusing incident that involved a tantrum, threats of hacking the site, and trolling. Mina was later unbanned since she was dragged in as a friend and didn't play a huge role in it. Christy hasn't been unbanned yet. Occurred around the same time as Trolla.
  • Trolla & her Coven: A group of older women who decided to troll the boards in early 2008 after we were "mean" to one woman's "autistic" daughter. After a few hours of frantic activity, they were finally stopped and all of them were banned for good by support.
  • Tanpop & evilfairy321: After an argument in a contest thread, these two decided to troll the boards with multiple accounts. They attacked members and spammed during that time before they were finally gotten rid of several weeks later.
  • Valerie: After bullying one member on another site, she was banned to protect her. Has since returned and has been causing trouble since then, though it didn't start until a few weeks after her ban.
If anyone has anything to add, please do. I've been trying to compile a decent history for a while now.

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 03-03-2009 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Adding some profile info in
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 03-02-2009, 09:44 PM

Wasn't Valerie also banned for creating that Cupid account and not owning up to it? I dunno, I just thought that might of been another reason.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-02-2009, 09:50 PM

That was quite minor and we decided early on we would only hand out infractions for that kind of stuff. She did break rules in the past, that was just the final straw.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
antimaie (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 12 Votes / 3.83 Average
Send a message via AIM to antimaie Send a message via Yahoo to antimaie
Default 03-02-2009, 11:15 PM

O_O wow, how did you find all of that out Kitty?

Just wondering, does anyone, besides support [but she is rarely on, I wouldn't want tobug her D:], know what day the forums actaully opened?

baby, you got me. ♥

Last edited by antimaie : 03-02-2009 at 11:19 PM.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-27-2009, 06:02 PM

i was viewing "members", and i found this one person, it said she was a professional, does that mean she was like, well, not a mod, but close?
she hasn't been on since 2007 thought. just wondering. here name was amantara....(not bad i'm guessing)
just thought this could fit in this thread.

It's weird how you say that you hate the guy who broke your heart.. but when he runs back to you, your arms are wide open..
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-27-2009, 06:12 PM

No, professional is a ranking. The ranks only change when people log in so some of the older members still have the older ranks.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 03-27-2009, 06:14 PM

Guys, you're forgetting my personal chunk of history; once I was a notorious brainchildnapper and I used to spam the RP forum full of crap, invoking the coming of a new rule XD

In my defense, I say this; I was a nubcake. XD

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#10 (permalink))
Old
ponyboy (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: Not Rated
Default 03-29-2009, 09:37 PM

i read the tdp history.
i have a question, what are mary sues?

Avatar by saraSKELLINGTONsiggy made by Rameboe and jordanashley