Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 03-03-2009, 08:01 PM

I remember being the Ice Sorceress right after I joined. XD

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 03-03-2009, 08:10 PM

You know that is going into your information now, right? "Known as the 'Ice Sorceress'".

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-03-2009, 08:12 PM

...aw. XD

Another moron, hated this one a lot. She couldn't let things go.

angeloftheseas: Total brat, thought her life was horrible and couldn't even keep her stories straight. Also believed she was telepathic (when she really meant telekinetic), though honestly her poor typing skills debunked her in my mind. O_o Would not stop harassing people who told her that she wasn't emo. She also said that she wouldn't get help because she'd get put in an instituion (that is how she spelled it. SWEAR.) and it was just... god. -.-; I think we've still got her crappy poetry up in the Post Your Stories and Poems! thread.

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-03-2009, 08:13 PM

I was a complete nightmare as an unreg. XD Little Sister Smile and I used to ruthlessly cut down all attention seekers, noobs and anyone who dared to post in chatspeak. I actually posted unreg for several months before finally registering, cuz Elanorea said I'd stand a chance to become a mod if I did. I didn't get it then, but eventually...

Another name that Kitty should recognise; Pinkyismynickname. She was a really awful noob; modeled herself on Paris Hilton, took the mickey of anyone who said they bought clothes from charity shops, was a total snob and cow to anyone who she disagreed with and basically got slapped down by almost everyone at one point. We nicknamed her "Stinky Pinky".

Argh, angeloftheseas really got on my wick, with her stupid "poetry" that didn't even rhyme, scan or do anything to class it properly as poetry and not just emo whining. -.-

(#35 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-03-2009, 08:16 PM

And she kept using the words Sorrow and Rage and Pain over and over. Gosh. O_o Even MY moody poetry (which looking back is REALLY dumb now) wasn't as horrible. Sure, mine didn't rhyme but at least it wasn't always about the blackness of sorrow and blahblahblah.

Halestorm
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-03-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
One such person claimed to have lost her virginity at age 12 (her name was Hollister Hottie or something similar) and had a baby girl; however, she posted another time that she had a baby BOY. She could not keep track of her lies at all, and when called on them went all emo and posted a thread entitled "I'm going to commit suicide!" Erin (little_sister_smile) and myself came right down on her for that one; I will point out that back then, I was not a mod. XD She also had the same in her sig; she removed it after being told exactly how stupid she was and how attention seeking was not going to be put up with on here.
Wasn't that the same one who stole pictures of people's babies and pretended they were her dead children? I think we all remember the horrifying photobucket account filled with those baby pictures all labelled "RIP".

(#37 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 03-03-2009, 08:19 PM

And about how her sorrow is like an Indian Dancer... whiskey tango foxtrot? O_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Wolf_Kitty View Post
Wasn't that the same one who stole pictures of people's babies and pretended they were her dead children? I think we all remember the horrifying photobucket account filled with those baby pictures all labelled "RIP".
I believe it was. O_o She was a complete nutcase.

(#38 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-03-2009, 08:35 PM

Then we had the person who stole pictures and claimed they were her neices/nephews/etc.

Whoo, self-embarrassment time.

I joined the site when I was eleven, twelvish; I don't really remember anymore, can't keep track. XD But I know I found the site because of my aunt making a site for me. 'Course, said site is dead and gone but she instilled in me a love of dolls and that's how I found Doll Palace; there was a link on a page of a dollmaker, so I clicked. I fell in love~. Well, not really but you get the point. XD I begged with my mom to let me register, so I did. For awhile, I was a Dollz&Stories lurker, typed tons of stories (which mind you are now completely crap, do NOT read them! X.x Mary Sues galore, vomit. I sucked back then.) too. Then, February of that same year, on a snow day, I discovered... the forums. It was a crazy zany place I could actually talk to sane people in. Okay, not SANE but yeah. I didn't have people judging me over the av I was using. But I do remember insisting on being the Ice Sorceress of TDP forums... Can anybody else remember that besides me?

I was mainly a lurker too, and got into a lot of fights with postgrep and a couple of trolls. I remember one in particular but will not mention as she was, frankly, disgusting. I remember a teen underwear model too, that was messed up. I still think it was fake though. I started avidly handdraw-dolling around March of 2005.

The RPing was started by MiyuSukei, ages upon ages ago. I admit this now: I used to be a major, MAJOR RP n00b. Godmodded accidentally (though that was due to misinterpretation of posts, seriously. O_o She said she stumbled, I thought she actually tripped and fell. Again, I was 13 at the time.), Mary Sue, father was mysterious and a shadow demon or something. And died. Then was found again even though he was meant to re-appear later... bah. XD Anyway, that's when RPing started, back in very early 2005. At first it was just a couple people, then some more people when the RPers got their very own section. I remember something funny postgrep did; we had an RP called A Game of Chess or something and he said E4 to D8. XD

I remember, vaguely, that a slew of trolls came on right before the board changed format. No, not Trolla, this was really random and completely disorganized. One posted a... really disgusting song in the RPG games area. The other was the one Miranda mentioned somewhere. There were others but a lot of those happened when I wasn't online and most of the posts got deleted by the time I woke up next day. XD

The board change, needless to say, ticked me off since at the time, I HATED the color pink. I still do, but since then I've accepted that it's part of the site's theme. Anyway, that's when the n00bs really started pouring in as a result of more advertisment that we actually HAD a forum here.

This was around the time I got into a lot of trouble; I was coming off as rude and nasty to a lot of users, which was why I eventually closed off my profile and PMs to friends only and why I rarely came out of the RPG caves. >_>; But in the end I came back out and people just ticked me off and bam, got in trouble again but this time didn't withdraw as the person I was accused of being nasty to was a nasty user herself. No longer remember who she was, must've been Stinky Pinky or some other n00b. XD Though honestly, this is why when I warn people now, I am as short, sweet, and to the point as possible unless I am specifically detailing what they did wrong and how to improve themselves. I am not well known for some of my very peculiar RP characters. XD I'll share them I guess, but if I see anybody stealing them, I shall pounce upon you!

Ruo: Rabbit experiment, even after being turned back into a human he still had rabbit ears. Was also vegetarian, though this may have been due to the experimentation. Or he just likes salads, who knows.

Zehira: Scientist, as a teen she was a VERY wild child. I still haven't decided her tattoo, either!

Arik Roarke: Vampire/bartender/guitarist. Cherokee. Comedian. Jack-of-all-trades. Well, not really, he just gives all jobs a shot and works from there, y'gotta adjust when you're alive for a long time! XD

Okeam: Bomb expert, electrician, government hitwoman. Very sarcastic, made a robotic dog named Rascal who has human-like sentience but can't express it unless he has something to write with; literally says 'woof'.

Ariella: Lion halfbreed of very unusual coloring; blue-gray and orange. While at the moment of this very post she can't sing, she is a lounge-song singer, much like Jessica Rabbit from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?. Is very much a mother hen.

Zandra: ... All I know is that she is an Italian-Irish hitwoman. XD Her story changes between two set ones depending on the premise of an RP. She's either completely human with a vengeance against whoever murdered her fiance, or she's technically dead with a curse on her that won't let her die. All depends on circumstances.

That's it for now. XD I don't like sharing my ideas too much.

But yeah, a lot of my characters can get weirdly complex. In fact, I've got two I have used before but I have recently, FINALLY set up a solid foundation for them. One's a vampire, the other's an all-animal shapeshifter. They're part of an RP I've been tryiiiing to GM somewhere else but it just keeps flopping like a broken egg.

But yes, I've got some pretty quirky RP characters. I'm also becoming fond of weird sound effects. Example:

Quote:
".." Ethan tapped Joe on the shoulder; the guard immediately flinched. "May I have a word with you? In the hall?" Joe gulped, but followed; there was a lot of yelling, the sounds of many thuds, a 'crunch' noise, and comical - albeit random - tire screeching noises followed by the sound of a car crashing and the sound of hubcaps rolling along. O_o This would later be attributed to someone's brakes going out and crashing into a lightpole.
I'm not crazy. Just eccentric. ^_^

Halestorm

Last edited by Silent_Wolf : 03-03-2009 at 08:37 PM.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-03-2009, 08:40 PM

History sticky is up. Will continue to edit it over the next couple of days, I certainly can't finish everything now.

The beginning of RPs on here certainly deserves a mention xD Miyu just earned herself a place in "Honorable Mentions"

(#40 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 03-03-2009, 08:58 PM

You certainly must have my "Rogue's Gallery"; it took me ages to come up with some of these people; it's been years! O_o