Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 03-03-2009, 07:03 AM

May I mention postgrep/DJ_andercore and his history here? >_> He amused me when I joined. Okay, he ticked me off too, but he was funny.

Ah, and Captain_Obvious. He claimed he was from the future and that he was after an evil clown who planned on killing Obvious's ancestors in order to prevent Obvious from being born. He was also surprised that pie was in such gargantuan proportions; in the future, it is a rare commodity... well, so he said. XD Think he might've been a random troll, but at least he was an amusing one.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm

Last edited by Silent_Wolf : 03-03-2009 at 07:21 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 03-03-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
I'm unsure how she became mod, maybe she can enlighten us? xD Watches over the dolling boards and was one of the first people to bring handdrawn dolling here. Also was the one who convinced Miranda to stop posting as a guest and join the site. Worked during the second team as well.
How I became a mod? Well, back when I joined, the forum was an unholy mess, since most of the mods were inactive. There was a lot of spam, quest posting, etc. as SWK mentioned. A lot of members were fed up, and were campaigning to get the forums cleaned up and new mods appointed. I was basically trying to act like a mod, telling people off for spamming and such (which is something that would get one in trouble now, go figure). I remember I made a "Forum Netiquette" thread that got stickied in some forums that still had active mods.

Of course, I wasn't the only one. I remember postgrep, whom Wolfie mentioned, also wanted to be a mod (this was before he became a complete troll). We both made threads asking whether people would support us if we were to become mods (that sounds rather silly now, but ah well). Anyway, one day I just got a PM from support asking if I wanted to become a mod and which forums I wanted to moderate, and well, the rest is history. I don't remember exactly when it happened, but I'd say it was a couple months after I joined.

I know fairybabe was chosen shortly after me, since I distinctly remember congratulating her in the moderator forum. I ended up really regretting that later .

Last edited by Elanorea : 07-10-2009 at 08:11 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 03-03-2009, 11:44 AM

Ah, those were the days xD I'll have to edit that all in later. Hopefully Aaron is satisfied with all of this.

Of course Wolfie, maybe we can add a notable/amusing past members section as well. Postgrep deserves some love, he was here for an awful long time. I'll fill in the stuff before you came here if you want.

Did Captain_Obvious really say that? Wow xD That is funny.

Edit: Since apparently this is going to be my new amusement for a while, if anyone has notable members, events, or history to mention, feel free to. I'm not guaranteeing everything will go in(especially members, there are few which made an impact), but maybe a sticky topic can go up in the future for curious members.

Av & Sig Credit: Me

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 03-03-2009 at 11:55 AM.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-03-2009, 02:55 PM

I don't remember all of the stupid people on here; Kitty's covered the main ones. I do remember a troll called zebra1, who used to post about enemas and peeing all the time. She popped up last year, posted a post about peeing which I promptly removed, and hasn't been seen since.

There was also back when we had guest posting a spate of guest trolls posting this incredibly obscene photo all over forums; one poster made this thread that was pretty much just the obscene photo posted dozens of times. -.- It basically was a man pulling on his poopy hole; I'm not going to name it as I don't want to be responsible for people googling it out of curiosity then being totally grossed out.

Boss Hog; one of postgreps fanboys; he wanted to become a mod and supported postgrep in his quest to become one. There was also this user called purplefoxx that was fairly innocuous up to a point, then megaspammed the forums. Not in a rude or obscene way, but she basically replied to every single thread in Comments & Suggestions showing she too had ambitions for modship.

In fact, there have been literally dozens of people who have asked to become mods; either directly, by PMing the mods, or indirectly by doing what purplefoxx did.

Fairybabe should NEVER have been made a mod; she was absolutely awful. -.- Not only did she do what Kitty said, she also told off one user, DrkTenai, so nastily that DrkTenai sadly left the site and never came back. Fairybabe also used to post her photo everywhere and say that she was ugly just to get attention; she also closed any thread that she personally disagreed with.

Memorable Threads:

The "Is 10 Too Young?" thread. Basically, there were at least five fights within it, all by 10-13 year olds who felt themselves mature to date so decided to prove it by being extremely immature, attacking people who disagreed with them, and flaming the mods. One such person was bens_cutie, who registered another account to back herself up. The irony was that her and the other children who started and participated in the fights could not see that what they were doing was not helping their case one bit.

Abortion threads. There was certainly more than one, and every one ended with a mod locking it; whether cuz the mod themselves cough*fairybabe and LilAngelEyes*cough* disagreed with abortion, or as a result of a full on flame war. None of these people ever seemed to learn from this, and most of them were pro-lifers and/or the under 13s, who had never been in the situation so really couldn't judge anyone who had. This is why whenever we see an abortion thread on here, we know its days are numbered. O_o

"OMG! I'm pregnant!!11!eleventy!" We used to have loads of these threads popping up in General Discussion and Dating, and they were mostly posted by people who'd only just joined. There were also quite a few people claiming to be teenage mums, but most of them told lies so were quite obviously just attention seekers.

One such person claimed to have lost her virginity at age 12 (her name was Hollister Hottie or something similar) and had a baby girl; however, she posted another time that she had a baby BOY. She could not keep track of her lies at all, and when called on them went all emo and posted a thread entitled "I'm going to commit suicide!" Erin (little_sister_smile) and myself came right down on her for that one; I will point out that back then, I was not a mod. XD She also had the same in her sig; she removed it after being told exactly how stupid she was and how attention seeking was not going to be put up with on here.

Maybe I'll add more later; if anything comes to mind.

(#15 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-03-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Wolf_Kitty View Post
Of course Wolfie, maybe we can add a notable/amusing past members section as well. Postgrep deserves some love, he was here for an awful long time. I'll fill in the stuff before you came here if you want.

Did Captain_Obvious really say that? Wow xD That is funny.

Edit: Since apparently this is going to be my new amusement for a while, if anyone has notable members, events, or history to mention, feel free to. I'm not guaranteeing everything will go in(especially members, there are few which made an impact), but maybe a sticky topic can go up in the future for curious members.
Yes, I remember Captain very dearly. He was my favorite person to talk to, believe it or not, I thought he was pretty entertaining. XD I'm pretty sure he went on about it in a lot of the old, old OLD Utter Randomness thread I started back in the day.

In fact, here's what I remember about them both:

Captain_Obvious

We're not sure if this was a troll or a character made up by somebody, but he was a hoot to read posts from. He was from the future, where pie was an extremely rare commodity and he ate it as often as possible in our time. He was attempting to stop an evil clown from destroying his - Obvious's - parents or grandparents. I distinctly remember his weapons being forks and spoons and gumballs for some reason.

postgrep/dj_andercore

Honestly, I do miss this guy despite the fact we absolutely loathed each other in the very early days - he picked at my typos and spelling errors and the fact I felt bad for Eminem's daughter and such silly things - but there were times when he wasn't a complete troll. I remember him posting about his trip to Japan and that he and his surrogate/foster family there went to Japan's Disneyland and that they had a great time; said thread and photos in it started a minor flame war with someone calling him an 'albino somethingorother' (I really don't remember anymore. O_o). He also shared a lot of info on Buddhism too, if I remember properly.

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 03-03-2009, 06:01 PM

More members of TDP's Rogue's Gallery.

Sweetiesomya/ISweetieI. A really awful poster who broke rules left right and centre, argued with the moderators constantly and double posted all the time, despite being told numerous times not to. -.- She also derailed several discussion threads causing them to be locked cuz she was unable to debate a subject without getting personal and rude.

maya1234533. The typical noob stereotype. Honestly, this person caused me more headaches at one time than most other people did. -.- She spammed constantly and also posted stupid comments in people's RPGs. When told off, she acted as tho she didn't understand why we were angry. When it was explained to her in stupidese what the rules of the forum were, she then went nuts posting loads of stupid, rulebreaking RPs. -.- She was an absolute horror; I still don't know whether she was incredibly dim or just breaking rules on purpose.

Anmana. Another RP sinner; her crime was posting the worst, most vile, most vomit inducing Mary Sues ever. She also posted RPs that broke the rules and that contained yet more Sues, seemed to not understand basic English and pitched a fit when told that she could not join RPs that were over 1000 pages long.

sashavucetay. Remember I said that maya caused headaches? Well, this user caused headache upon headache cuz of her complete inability to read and abide by the rules, her disgusting Mary Sue characters, her godmoding and also her attempts to derail and take over every RP she tried to join. She was told over and over again what not to do, but it never seemed to sink in. She even tried to derail one of my RPs, after I had worn myself to a thread telling her off about her constant rulebreaking.

pinkpanther500 and ktcm4now. Spammers. They not only posted chat threads all over the board, but also kept attacking people who disagreed with them in Dating and General Discussion. They both posted in blindingly bright pink font all the freaking time. X_x

(#17 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-03-2009, 06:05 PM

Lovegoonie. I. Freaking. HATE HER. Sure, she's long gone now - haven't seen anymore of her psychotic spazzing anywhere on the site, not even the mainsite now - but the memory of her pure idiocy lives on. -.-; She even said she wouldn't stop spamming unless the mods friended her!
Miley Cyrus Imposter #3847, never kept track, too many of them. This one was really bad, we had four or five people come to her "rescue" to try and prove it was her. O_o She typd lyk dys and I can't remember if she was banned or not, but several people who were "supporting" her were banned due to being nasty to other users after the mess.

Halestorm

Last edited by Silent_Wolf : 03-03-2009 at 06:15 PM.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 03-03-2009, 06:14 PM

Plus Lovegoonie was acting as tho she owned the site on the mainsite; she kept posting on the articles claiming to be Jessica. -.- She was banned from the forums for posting obscene threads all over the place and ignoring moderator warnings.

The fake Miley Cyrus was banned; there was also a fake Vanessa Hudgens who had a similar nym who was also banned.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 03-03-2009 at 06:26 PM.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 03-03-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
More members of TDP's Rogue's Gallery.

Sweetiesomya/ISweetieI. A really awful poster who broke rules left right and centre, argued with the moderators constantly and double posted all the time, despite being told numerous times not to. -.- She also derailed several discussion threads causing them to be locked cuz she was unable to debate a subject without getting personal and rude.

Anmana. Another RP sinner; her crime was posting the worst, most vile, most vomit inducing Mary Sues ever. She also posted RPs that broke the rules and that contained yet more Sues, seemed to not understand basic English and pitched a fit when told that she could not join RPs that were over 1000 pages long.

sashavucetay. Remember I said that maya caused headaches? Well, this user caused headache upon headache cuz of her complete inability to read and abide by the rules, her disgusting Mary Sue characters, her godmoding and also her attempts to derail and take over every RP she tried to join. She was told over and over again what not to do, but it never seemed to sink in. She even tried to derail one of my RPs, after I had worn myself to a thread telling her off about her constant rulebreaking.
I never liked Somya; she for some reason had this idea that Bin Laden ruled the world outside of America - which was funny considering she was from Australia, no offense to Australians on here! O_o She was just a nutcase.

Anmana infuriated me. Downright INFURIATING. She attempted to turn the old Resident Evil High School RP into Happy Magic School. Also posted in other RPs trying to derail them for some stupid reason. Haven't seen her in a good while.

Sasha.. I wanted to strangle her. You've no idea how much she ticked me off. x_x She tried to use a goddess character in my Chronicles of Ridd'ck RP! Not to mention tried to introduce an "important" male character into an RP centered around a matriarchal system. -.-;

Halestorm
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Rocketship_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 6 Votes / 4.17 Average
Default 03-03-2009, 07:01 PM

Well don't that beat all!
This was very interesting. And I didn't know that they changed the forums layout that late in the game.
I mean, I joined forums in '07 on my old account, and... wow...
Thanks so much for accumulating all of this information, and sharing it with the rest of the forums. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Wolf View Post
Lovegoonie. I. Freaking. HATE HER. Sure, she's long gone now - haven't seen anymore of her psychotic spazzing anywhere on the site, not even the mainsite now - but the memory of her pure idiocy lives on. -.-; She even said she wouldn't stop spamming unless the mods friended her!
Dude, Lovegoonie is one of the annoying noobs that posts in the Dollz&Stories section! I hate her.

John Bonham
29 years gone, but never forgotten.
R.I.P.
5-31-48 - 9-25-80
We salute you.

Last edited by Rocketship_ : 03-03-2009 at 07:19 PM.