Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 02-06-2009, 03:49 PM

Well, y'see kiddo, it all began when I was a little girl of about... 13 or so. Back then, this forum was a vile place, a veritable whachamacallit... cesspool of corruption (yeah, that sounds good). Overrun with spammers, n00bs and the scum of the internet. Of course, being the brave, awesome person that I am, I couldn't stand for this, and so I took it as my mission to save this forum. Oh, make no mistake, it was brutal; but in the end, I managed to single-handedly defeat the horde of spammers with my righteous might and awesomeness. I also brought enlightenment in the form of the noble art of handdrawing, which nobody on this godforsaken forum had heard of before. And then there was much rejoicing, and we all lived happily ever after.

*NOTE: Above post is entirely a fabrication of my twisted mind, and should in no way be treated as fact.

---

And so that this post isn't entirely off-topic nonsense, I have to say I like the ranks as well. They fit very well with the forum, much better than the generic ones.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 02-06-2009, 03:54 PM

Hee, Elanorea, you crack me up. XD Though a good portion of it WAS true:

"Back then, this forum was a vile place, a veritable whachamacallit... cesspool of corruption (yeah, that sounds good). Overrun with spammers, n00bs and the scum of the internet."

That part was, at the very least, true. XD Don't know who brought Handdrawing on here, honestly.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 02-06-2009, 03:59 PM

Perhaps divine intervention?

I wonder what this place will be like in 20 or so years time when I put my kids on the internet and educate them about how to behave nicely. My spawn will not be a bunch of XxS*xynickersxXlol/YA9leet8wnfv39 monsters, I promise! XD

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#24 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 02-06-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanorea View Post
Well, y'see kiddo, it all began when I was a little girl of about... 13 or so. Back then, this forum was a vile place, a veritable whachamacallit... cesspool of corruption (yeah, that sounds good). Overrun with spammers, n00bs and the scum of the internet. Of course, being the brave, awesome person that I am, I couldn't stand for this, and so I took it as my mission to save this forum. Oh, make no mistake, it was brutal; but in the end, I managed to single-handedly defeat the horde of spammers with my righteous might and awesomeness. I also brought enlightenment in the form of the noble art of handdrawing, which nobody on this godforsaken forum had heard of before. And then there was much rejoicing, and we all lived happily ever after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanorea View Post

*NOTE: Above post is entirely a fabrication of my twisted mind, and should in no way be treated as fact.

*Ignores the NOTE at the bottom* We must all build a shrine to Elanorea for all that she has single handedly done for us! And although she has brought the arts of Hand Drawing to us Naming the top rank as Hand Drawn just isn't enough, it must be changed to Elanorean instantly!

I do like it much better. I dipped my hand in Hand Drawing last night and can now appreciate it's title (though I'm nowhere near achieving it as a -Shuni-).

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Rain538 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-06-2009, 05:06 PM

Haha,I thought they were based on what dolls you made,lol.
So,Hand Drawn is highest rank,like,Guru?

Warrior cat books firggen rule the earth a long side pie and the peace sign.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 02-06-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Wolf View Post
Don't know who brought Handdrawing on here, honestly.
Well, back when I joined, there really weren't many handdrawn dollers here. I think me and Kimber (one of the earlier mods) were pretty much the first ones who stuck around, but there were a few others. I'm not gonna take the credit for popularising it, though. I guess it just sorta caught on.

(#27 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 02-06-2009, 05:18 PM

I like the new user names! ^^

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-07-2009, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain538 View Post
Haha,I thought they were based on what dolls you made,lol.
So,Hand Drawn is highest rank,like,Guru?
That's right; cuz it's harder to achieve than the others, and you can make very large handdrawns. XD

(#29 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 02-07-2009, 07:57 AM

Though the really big dolls are a super-huge pain to do. Example, ..

Should I explain what I mean or just stop before I throw it off topic?

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#30 (permalink))
Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Default 02-07-2009, 03:04 PM

what happens after "hand drawn"?

It's weird how you say that you hate the guy who broke your heart.. but when he runs back to you, your arms are wide open..