Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default Forum Events - 12-29-2008, 02:21 PM

Most of you know and participated in the Secret Santa event, but now I am posing a question to you all. Should we just keep it at one event or should we add more? The point of the thread is to discuss possible holiday events, general events, and forum-wide contests. If you post here, please have a suggestion for a contest or event or feedback for an idea(why you like it, possible problems, etc, NOT just 'i love it').

Ideally, I can see events happening every 3 months or so. If they are too often, they lose their appeal and the amount of time doesn't put pressure on you guys to participate constantly. Possible holidays include Valentine's Day, Easter, and Halloween(if you suggest any, they should be celebrated internationally, not just in the US like Thanksgiving or Fourth of July). The events themselves don't need to just involve exchanging gifts, maybe they could be contests or raffles.

As for contests, I really would enjoy adding these into what we do. We could have separate categories for dollmaker dolls and handdrawn ones(whether we divide this into pixel-shaded and tool-shaded is up to you guys) and a set group of judges(the number would vary based on the number of participants and would probably consist of mods or older members). These could coincide with major holidays. This isn't meant to replace the handdrawn contests going on, it just is supposed to bring the forums together as a whole.

Also, another idea for a contest is to have a major one done over 6 months to a year. Obviously this would be for members who plan on being here for a while. It could consist of smaller contests and eliminations(like American Idol or Next Top Model, for example) with a title won at the end. There would be a set group of judges who could give feedback to the participants and would place a bottom two, for which you guys vote.

These are only ideas, not anything set. Other ideas are welcome and encouraged since this involves you guys. None of this can happen without you, so let me know what you think.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 12-29-2008, 02:25 PM

A raffle might be a good idea, it just seems a little more complicated. As for the America's Next Top Model thing, we could do it with different things, handrawns, dolls from dollmakers, perhaps stories, or something like that. It seems like a good idea. I would also think of Mod Appreciation Week, which is where the users could give a moderator a gift or make a little note in their signature.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 12-29-2008, 02:29 PM

^ Ooh, the mod appreciation sounds good. :]
Maybe we could do something like the Secret Santa event for Valentine's day? Everyone could be assigned someone to make a card for, and keep it anonymous by writing, from your secret admirer?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Heva_Banana_Mad (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-29-2008, 02:30 PM

I had an idea and I made a thread for ita while ago but only 2 people have replied. It is in the general discussion and is a party in favour of the moderators. Look and see.
I am also quite sad because I missed the secret santa event so I would like there to be another one.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 12-29-2008, 02:32 PM

^ I know, but not a lot of people responded to it, so its not really that big. We could have different themes for each day. ^^ Such as Music Day, we could change up a song to make it thank the moderators. ^^

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 12-29-2008, 02:34 PM

^ Yeah, each day could be in honor of a different moderator.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Candybar

Default 12-29-2008, 02:34 PM

Yeah do you think I should ask for the thread to be closed or just wait and see if anyone replies.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 12-29-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx_Pixie_Dust_Dispenser_xX View Post
^ Yeah, each day could be in honor of a different moderator.
Well, basically, we only have 3 active moderators. So that wouldn't really work. I love Heva's idea about a resolution for the moderators. ^^

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Candybar

Default 12-29-2008, 02:40 PM

I have a brilliant idea! We could make a thread entitled Moderator Thanks thread. Where we could do all these ideas and more! for instance every week one of the mods could pick one person they think has been extra fantastico that past week.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
antimaie (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 12 Votes / 3.83 Average
Send a message via AIM to antimaie Send a message via Yahoo to antimaie
Default 12-29-2008, 03:12 PM

A valentine's Day one would be fun. The "Santa" could be called cupid or something. I think that Easter would be cool too, with like an Easter Bunny.

AS for the Next Top Model thing, you could have something like everyone dolls, [hand drawn or a doll maker] a character, and they dress up for certain "photoshoots", using the same character throughout the entire competition, but being able to change certain things about them, [i.e. pose, hair length, make up, etc] and eventually, the one who had improved the most would win. So say for instance someone started off with a pillow shaded doll, and in the end they made a beautiful hand drawn after the multiple times dealing with the judges critique, said person would win.

baby, you got me. ♥

Last edited by antimaie : 12-29-2008 at 03:15 PM.