Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 02-02-2009, 12:48 AM

Because some people are unclear on this, I will state this one final time. ALL EVENTS ARE GOING TO BE MOD RUN. MEMBERS SHOULD NOT TAKE EVENTS INTO THEIR OWN HANDS. I know you guys think it is easy, but it isn't and when you create accounts and start events you only succeed in causing confusion for other members. Anyone who decides to do so will be getting severe disapproval from us and will be punished if they insist on continuing after being told to stop. I don't want to take these measures, but I need to ensure that these events remain under our control.

Since I am being asked about this, there is not going to be a Valentine's day event this year. We are about to undergo major overhaul and we do not have the time right now, however there is something being planned for Easter. The current event that is up is not endorsed by us and is going to be removed immediately.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 02-02-2009, 12:50 AM

Overhaul? In what way, could you explain?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-02-2009, 12:58 AM

Mainly background things you guys won't notice, but a major cleaning of the boards and inactive members, mod changes, greeter group being created, reorganization of bans, possible writing board, etc. We have a list of things we are going to work on which probably will be occurring this month, but we will try to keep you guys informed. When the changes start happening, I'll post in the big thread about updating the mod system with what exactly is going on After that we will be able to focus on the forum as a community since we'll finally be able to stop stressing about its problems.

(#34 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 02-02-2009, 01:09 AM

Yay! No more problems! Though, I didn't notice many problems in the first place.
I can't wait to see the updates and such.

(#35 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 02-02-2009, 06:19 AM

I wish people would actually read threads like this but I don't think they are.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-02-2009, 08:04 AM

Yeah; otherwise they'd realise that we can't just let all and sundry do forum events. -.- Not just cuz of all the work involved and the risk that a user might disappear in the middle of it or favour their friends, but also we don't need people registering extra accounts when that is, in actual fact, against the rules. Also, with mod run events, we will know exactly what's going on and who's taking part, and there won't be millions of different events going on. Why people can't grasp this simple concept is beyond me.

(#37 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 02-02-2009, 02:41 PM

that is great to hear about the changes about to occur. I wish I knew the valentines event wasn't driven by a mod otherwise I would of not posted. My apploigies. I do however love the idea of events later on that are for sure ran by mods. I know there are holidays like Christmas,Easter, St.Patricks Day, Halloween, and Valentines Day but, just throwing it out there. How about an international day or a world day? Where we could maybe do the same thing as secret santa but give more international looking gifts say an oriental styled glitter perhaps? Just a suggestion.

(#38 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 02-03-2009, 05:18 PM

I also think that mabye we could have a writing or story contest. Mabye pick the top writers, or RPGers, or whatever, and have them as judges.

(#39 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-03-2009, 06:17 PM

That's a good idea! I didn't even think of that. Since a writing section will be created in the future, that might be an excellent idea to encourage its use. I've seen something similar on a RP site I go to, so we could do something like that.

(#40 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 02-03-2009, 06:22 PM

Will the mods on here be on the writing boards? Just wondering.

I also think we should have other art related contests, such as photography, sketched art, paintings, etc.