Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#91 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 09-19-2009, 01:20 PM

What about making a contest like we did for Christmas where everyone makes something for someone else, then the thread-holder takes those items and turns them into tricks or leaves them as is for treats (radomly chosen, like pulling names out of a hat). To turn a gift into a trick the animation for the doll loops 3 or 4 times then stops at say, a Halloween Mudkip, or a pumpkin!

The people making dolls for each other can be Neighbors with Candy instead of Seceret Santa's.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 09-20-2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Oops I said treat instead of trick!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#92 (permalink))
Old
MizzCrosby87 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 4 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 09-20-2009, 08:07 PM

i would LOVE the idea of having the miss tdp thing (like every few months) and for holidays xmas/halloween/easter/valentines/ and more, we have a dolling competeition or something. and i love the idea of secret santa stuff too (:

Ray William Johnson < 3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#93 (permalink))
Old
Moon_Crescent (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-10-2009, 10:56 PM

I can figure out the other events (Based on the events user avatars XD)

But what happens on the Secret Santa event? I also think I read there was a user name TDP_Murder_Event_

My DeviantArt

MoonCrescent
(#94 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 11-10-2009, 11:08 PM

Yeah, there was going to be a murder mystery event, but it's be postponed for an undetermined amount of time. xD I'm incredibly busy, so I have no time to plan it right now.

Secret Santa works the same was as it does in real life. You can ask to participate (when the time comes, and a thread is posted) and then your name goes into a draw. You're PMed a username (of some other participant), and you get to make a gift for that person. Then you send it back to "Santa", and they send it to the other user anonymously. :P
(#95 (permalink))
Old
Moon_Crescent (Offline)
Shuni

Default 11-10-2009, 11:09 PM

Ohhhh I get it. Do you have to be handrawn doller to do it?

My DeviantArt

MoonCrescent
(#96 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 11-11-2009, 12:12 AM

Nope. You can make dolls using dollmakers, or any other find of custom graphics (ie. signatures, avatars, pixel art, etc.). =D
(#97 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-11-2009, 12:29 AM

No dolls are even required, its just about a personal gift

There will be an added bonus this Christmas, so keep your eyes peeled. This time I promise the prizes will get out for this special event since everything got so hectic before and they never were completed.

Prepared folks, the Christmas events will be kicking up very soon. Just a few more weeks! I look forward to breaking out the event accounts again since I had no time for Halloween.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#98 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 11-11-2009, 01:24 AM

Can't wait! I still have AgentDigitalLemon's and Hayley's gifts from last year, lol.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#99 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-11-2009, 07:22 AM

I have my gift in my profile. XD I think I made two gifts, cuz there were a few spares. It was fun. ^^

(#100 (permalink))
Old
Moon_Crescent (Offline)
Shuni

Default 11-11-2009, 10:00 AM

Shiz, I need to get cracking on pixelling. I want to learn how to hand-draw dolls. And maybe my gifts will actually look good. That or I'll ask someone for a pic of their cat, photoshop it, then post on their profile saying, "THE HEARTLESS ARE COMING!" Mwhaha. Oh this is gonna be fun.

My DeviantArt

MoonCrescent