Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default Upgrade the TDP Mod System? - 12-12-2008, 11:24 PM

What do you think? Should Support assign a few new mods to help keep up with TDP? Especially after our last incident with a persistent user.. Also, give some of the current mods more power? Please post your comments. Keep it clean though, no flaming or anything.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 12-12-2008, 11:27 PM

Yes. Ideally, changes would include:
  • The appointment of a coadmin
  • appointment of another super mod
  • appointment of 2-3 new mods, very active and well aware of the rules
  • removal of inactive mods
I would like to play around with a sort of junior mod system, with a process of training potential mods. I'm not sure how well it would work, my idea consists of limited power over posts and an appointed mod as a mentor, but its still being fleshed out.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Candybar

Default 12-12-2008, 11:31 PM

That's an awesome idea. ^^ Miranda_ should be coadmin, you the new super, and a few of the other mods maybe bumped up a bit with their powers? Mod training would be fun. :]
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-12-2008, 11:39 PM

I like the mod training idea because when new mods are appointed, they tend to only have a small idea as to what the work entails. This way they can do some of it and get an idea if this is really what they want to do.

I can see mod training in a sort of general way set out over a couple of months. Maybe initially begin with a general overview of how to treat and interact with members, then proceed to powers, and end with rule enforcement. I could see some homework assignments, like profile comment work, browsing through threads for spam, practicing comment warnings, etc. Its work a lot of the regular mods don't have time for, so junior mods could do some of it. I'm not going to lie, I would've appreciated it when I first started.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Candybar

Default 12-12-2008, 11:46 PM

In my opinion, that would be FUN. xD As weird as it sounds. >.>
Mod training would be awesome, like I said before. Because new mods would probably be a little lost.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 12-13-2008, 11:17 AM

Mod training is a great idea. I think some inactive mods need to be removed. The practice comment warnings sounds fun. I think we need some more mods, so the board dosen't have a plethora of spam.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 12-13-2008, 12:07 PM

I reckon there are a few users in particular that I think should be made mods:

Silentwolf.
Hayleydoll.
Queenie.
Singer.
I like the junior mod thing. xD I can just imagine myself running around eating noobs. Would be so fun. That's likely to happen though. *Sigh*
And a Co-admin would just rock. The users who kept on about this could get Dollchat back. :P

Edit:
I had another Idea. If we remove mods, then let's give them blue usernames like mods have purple.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant

Last edited by AaronShadows : 12-13-2008 at 12:14 PM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 12-13-2008, 12:27 PM

That sounds amazing, bringing in new mods and getting rid of the inactive. It must be so hard for the current active mods with being so few of them.

I don't know if I like the junior-mod thing, actually. It seems like that then there'd actually be too many mods and we'd have even more people begging for mod-power. The idea of training sound fun, but junior-mods seem to make me feel like it'd be crowded and that everyone would have some sort of power and there might be people that abuse it.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 12-13-2008, 12:29 PM

If people abuse their power if we overhaul and have a load of mods, then they get un-modded and given an infraction or ban depending on how bad the abuse was. Does anyone like this idea? :P

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-13-2008, 12:32 PM

That's why I'm reluctant about it. I see it only occuring for people who are definately getting the job, not a constant thing. Almost like a probation period when they first start where they learn how things work.

Aaron, that actually might be a good idea. Not when they are fully removed though. I go on a site where inactive mods are in another color, so this way members don't go to them for help. I believe they remain under that color until they are downgraded after a certain amount of time or become active again.