Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   The Doll Palace Life (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/doll-palace-life/)
-   -   Upgrade the TDP Mod System? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/doll-palace-life/20286-upgrade-tdp-mod-system.html)

Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX 12-12-2008 10:24 PM

Upgrade the TDP Mod System?

What do you think? Should Support assign a few new mods to help keep up with TDP? Especially after our last incident with a persistent user.. Also, give some of the current mods more power? Please post your comments. Keep it clean though, no flaming or anything.

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 12-12-2008 10:27 PM

Yes. Ideally, changes would include:
  • The appointment of a coadmin
  • appointment of another super mod
  • appointment of 2-3 new mods, very active and well aware of the rules
  • removal of inactive mods
I would like to play around with a sort of junior mod system, with a process of training potential mods. I'm not sure how well it would work, my idea consists of limited power over posts and an appointed mod as a mentor, but its still being fleshed out.

Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX 12-12-2008 10:31 PM

That's an awesome idea. ^^ Miranda_ should be coadmin, you the new super, and a few of the other mods maybe bumped up a bit with their powers? Mod training would be fun. :]

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 12-12-2008 10:39 PM

I like the mod training idea because when new mods are appointed, they tend to only have a small idea as to what the work entails. This way they can do some of it and get an idea if this is really what they want to do.

I can see mod training in a sort of general way set out over a couple of months. Maybe initially begin with a general overview of how to treat and interact with members, then proceed to powers, and end with rule enforcement. I could see some homework assignments, like profile comment work, browsing through threads for spam, practicing comment warnings, etc. Its work a lot of the regular mods don't have time for, so junior mods could do some of it. I'm not going to lie, I would've appreciated it when I first started.

Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX 12-12-2008 10:46 PM

In my opinion, that would be FUN. xD As weird as it sounds. >.>
Mod training would be awesome, like I said before. Because new mods would probably be a little lost.

Catlover642 12-13-2008 10:17 AM

Mod training is a great idea. I think some inactive mods need to be removed. The practice comment warnings sounds fun. I think we need some more mods, so the board dosen't have a plethora of spam.

AaronShadows 12-13-2008 11:07 AM

I reckon there are a few users in particular that I think should be made mods:

Silentwolf.
Hayleydoll.
Queenie.
Singer.
I like the junior mod thing. xD I can just imagine myself running around eating noobs. Would be so fun. That's likely to happen though. *Sigh*
And a Co-admin would just rock. The users who kept on about this could get Dollchat back. :P

Edit:
I had another Idea. If we remove mods, then let's give them blue usernames like mods have purple.

TheHayleyDoll 12-13-2008 11:27 AM

That sounds amazing, bringing in new mods and getting rid of the inactive. It must be so hard for the current active mods with being so few of them.

I don't know if I like the junior-mod thing, actually. It seems like that then there'd actually be too many mods and we'd have even more people begging for mod-power. The idea of training sound fun, but junior-mods seem to make me feel like it'd be crowded and that everyone would have some sort of power and there might be people that abuse it.

AaronShadows 12-13-2008 11:29 AM

If people abuse their power if we overhaul and have a load of mods, then they get un-modded and given an infraction or ban depending on how bad the abuse was. Does anyone like this idea? :P

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 12-13-2008 11:32 AM

That's why I'm reluctant about it. I see it only occuring for people who are definately getting the job, not a constant thing. Almost like a probation period when they first start where they learn how things work.

Aaron, that actually might be a good idea. Not when they are fully removed though. I go on a site where inactive mods are in another color, so this way members don't go to them for help. I believe they remain under that color until they are downgraded after a certain amount of time or become active again.