Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 12-13-2008, 12:26 PM

The mods could pick people that they don't think will abuse their power. Private training sounds best. And for there last training thing, before they gradate, they have to have a big test.

Being a mod sounds fun.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 12-13-2008, 12:48 PM

I agree, we definitely need a co-admin, and some new mods wouldn't be bad either. I'm not so sure if the whole mod-training thing is necessary, though. If we choose a person, we should already be sure they are responsible and active, and it's not like modding the forums is rocket science. But we'll see how that works out. Appointing a co-admin should be first priority, since it's pretty clear that support doesn't have much time to spend on the forums.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
xxSabaxx (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-13-2008, 12:55 PM

Thats sounds good too me!! we should have active mods becoz i could see many of the mods who are very inactive there are s-mod right? hmm we should have different stages I mean positions instead of co-admins and mods like supporters , higher staff or things like that? what do u guys think?

I AM BACK WOO~~
<3

(#24 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 12-13-2008, 01:12 PM

Having mods trained through pm would be a great idea. That way it would be secretive, so other users wouldn't end up jealous or anything. I also think it would be a good idea if all new members had to be approved by a mod first before entering the forums. Then if they were innapropriate (You can tell by their name, like i_am_so_hip_hoppin) the Mod approving them could turn them down, or have them change something.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
xxSabaxx (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-13-2008, 01:21 PM

Sounds great pixie!! they should have approval to recognize people training mods through PM? sounds fun atleast people might not get mad at mods and end up as a fight.which I totally hates and then it just spreads all over..

I AM BACK WOO~~
<3

(#26 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 12-13-2008, 01:36 PM

I also don't think training is necessary, but for some odd reason, I find tests fun... so... xD

The only problem I see is people getting upset if they don't become mods after a coadmin is appointed. We're going to have more people begging for modship and claiming why they would have been a better choice to be a mod then someone else. I think the current mods all know who should be new mods.

They're probably having this same discussion in their secret hideout moderator thread. XD
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 12-13-2008, 01:40 PM

lmao xD We have a process when mods are needed, though its difficult to do anything without support. A coadmin alone would make me happy, then things could be put to rights completely on here.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-13-2008, 01:59 PM

I'd be happy to be co-admin, even tho it would mean me spending even more time on here, cuz I'd love to be able to help out Support on here in cleaning up the memberlist and sorting out the trolls. Kitty could then be super mod, and we could then work together to appoint at least two new mods.

I don't think that junior mods are needed; in any case, there are a lot of very helpful people on here (you know who you are! ^^) who PM me straight away when they see spam or trolling. I could create a thread in the secret hideout with information for new mods, should any be appointed.

(#29 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 12-13-2008, 02:00 PM

I think that would be the best idea. No junior-mods, just a couple new mods to replace the inactive ones, and then some guidelines for being a mod in the secret moderator thread.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 12-13-2008, 02:01 PM

Is the mod forum really called 'The secret hideout'? 0.o

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant