Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 12-13-2008, 11:33 AM

It still seems like it'll be overcrowded and soon everyone will be wanting to be a mod and they'll be loads of people who are and there might be posts or threads deleted that shouldn't be just because someone didn't agree with what the OP said, you know? And then modship won't be that big of a deal anymore since "everyone will have it".

I don't know, the idea just worries me.

And if someone's definitely getting it, then why go through the visible junior mod thing anyway? Why not just appoint them to mod status, and then guide them along the way? Why make a whole new category when it isn't needed?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 12-13-2008, 11:35 AM

It worries me too, just a little. It might produce infighting, even. But still, everything that isen't obviously a huge bad idea should be given a try, in my opinion.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 12-13-2008, 11:43 AM

I'm not sure it's worth risking, really. I think it should just be Mod, Super Mod, and a Co-Admin. That sounds the least risky, and it'll keep things moving, as well. The newly appointed mods can go through a bit of training, maybe even given quizzes on the rules/stickies, but junior-mods don't seem like a good idea to me. Also, what if a junior mod does so terribly and when you reject them, they yell and scream? It seems like the idea won't do any good, and make things even harder.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 12-13-2008, 11:45 AM

That's true. Maybe just colour them differently until their probation/new mod period is up? Maybe simply give them one forum to be in charge of, then up it after that period is done if they prove to be a good mod. It could simply be a private thing that occurs too. The training itself once the job is obtained does need to occur though, I've seen too many mods do their job badly to want to let that continue to go unchecked.

This would all be a ton easier if we had a coadmin. I can't fully flesh out an idea for this without knowing someone will be on to keep an eye on a possible new group.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#15 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 12-13-2008, 11:47 AM

I think private training, perhaps through PMs or even a new forum accessible to only people of mod-status, or something.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 12-13-2008, 11:49 AM

I know for a fact I wouldn't yell and scream if I got rejected for modship. I'd probably leave for a while and sulk, but then I'd be back and as normal. :P

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-13-2008, 12:04 PM

We have a forum like that already xD Yeah, I thin the private training would be best. Then it wouldn't just be out there and it would keep the selectivity up since we definately would not always need people in training.

(#18 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 12-13-2008, 12:06 PM

Really?! =O Awesomeness! How come nobody told me? Is it a special secret hideout thing? xD

And I agree. Too many mods is just as bad as too few. We just need a good amount of active mods.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-13-2008, 12:09 PM

I agree, too many mods gets us all in each other's faces. We work well having our own territories with which we can work as we please.

Yes, its our hideout where we gossip about you guys xD Actually, its a pretty standard thing on most forums.

(#20 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 12-13-2008, 12:22 PM

Oh that is hilarious. xD