Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#111 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 12-14-2008, 09:55 PM

Do you think Support will approve the greeters idea?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#112 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Online)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 12-14-2008, 10:01 PM

If we have a co-admin, we won't need to worry about Support.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#113 (permalink))
Old
xxSabaxx (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-15-2008, 02:29 AM

Defiantly Hayley so we wont have to worry about anything incase if we have an active one umm junior mod thingy? never heard on this another forum xP
but thats still seems a grreat idea!! having a junior mod..

I AM BACK WOO~~
<3

(#114 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 12-15-2008, 10:50 AM

Just to update everyone, I have received a message from support. I think we are about to see some changes soon

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#115 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 12-15-2008, 10:58 AM

*Whistle*

Gonna reference WoW very heavily here, anyone who's sick of my obsessive attitude to it should run away now. ^^

I haven't been this excited since the Zombie infestation on warcraft!! It got slowly worse and worse, starting with an infection that had a ten-minute incubation period, and you could attack and be attacked bye the undead who succumbed, once they hit you, you got infected. If you didn't reach an argent healer fast, you'd become a zombie too, and be able to infect the living. Anywho, it slowly got worse to the point where the virus had a 1 minute incubation period, and the infected bugs and stuff in cities would attack the gaurds, quickly turning a tiny nuisance into a cadre of undead attackers. At one point on my realm, they managed to utterly ravage the park and mage districts of stormwind city, and began marching on the others too. We all had to fall back and hole up in one district, but that didn't hold for much more than an hour because every player who got infected holding them back became another undead. Eventually, we had to abandon the old town and make a run for the safest place available; Stormwind keep. We lost half our little militia on the way, and when we arrived, the scourge where already at the gates, but the 80 elite gaurds where lowing them down volumes. We managed to kill our way past and get into the keep and.. Hold on, why am I ranting about this in such detail? I meant to give everyone a quick run down of how excited I was and why, darv'it. -_-
I'll shut it now.
Changes, yay.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#116 (permalink))
Old
CrazyKitty411 (Offline)
Bonita

Rating: Not Rated
Default 12-15-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHayleyDoll View Post
Um, I don't think there is an age restriction really on being a mod, but if I had to put one down, it would be 14, or 15.

CrazyKitty, I wouldn't get your hopes up. Mods actually use correct spelling and punctuation because they need to be mature. Being "good" doesn't mean you can suddenly become a mod. There are multiple things, which I already stated.

I don't think anyone realizes the effort, time, patience, maturity, and work it would take to be a mod. There are reasons that the forum needs mods that are mature and experienced, as well as know the rules. Being a mod can't be fun at times - it takes responsibility. Just think about the trolling incident. That shows you that mods do a lot of hard work around here to keep it running smoothly.

I can guess who these two that the mods are talking about are, and it's the mods choice. They aren't going to change it just because someone begs for it. They need people to understand the work they put in. Not just anyone can be a mod, that's what I'm saying. I'm sure the two people they are considering are experienced and know what would be needed from them.
Sorry. Just to say I was not building my hopes up and I was not begging at all. I was having a joke as you can see I posted I cracked myself up. Okay I am going nowhere else with that problem. Anyway I agree with you. The new mods in training should be up to their standers. So who ever you have chosen for the new mods I wish them all the best! I also realize the effort they shall put into their new duty. The trolling incident was dealt with and done well from our hard working mods. Without the mods we have today The Doll Palace would'nt be like this.

I also agree with Hayley we won't need to worry anymore about Support not being on for a while but now that shes back its getting even better. She would have lots of problems going through since she left. Well maybe not lots but quite a few.

Last edited by CrazyKitty411 : 12-15-2008 at 12:04 PM.
(#117 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 12-15-2008, 01:27 PM

Its alright to hope, I know I used to as a member. I think everyone does a little bit, I'm not going to lie. Just don't put all of your hopes on it. New mods are few and far between and the last one appointed was bunnypixie, who is basically inactive. I think the last active one was Sarah and lord knows I can't remember when she got the job. Its rare to even have two at once being assigned and I only remember that happening one time throughout all of my time here(which is over 5 years now) when we had 3 new ones.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#118 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 12-15-2008, 02:08 PM

EEE! Support's still alive and well! ^.^

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#119 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 12-15-2008, 03:06 PM

Heheheheeee. xD Sarah invokes the whole 'Lord knows' reaction in me too, you know. That said, not an insult. D;

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#120 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-15-2008, 03:15 PM

Oh, I would love to have Greeters to do the legwork of welcoming newbies, posting the rules and answering questions! ^^ To be honest, it's a bit of a bore.