Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default Very Important - 07-30-2008, 08:55 PM

Now that I have caught you, please read the following message regarding profiles.

Everyone who is currently blocking comments from non-friends, please stop using this option. There is a flaw with it that keeps moderators from posting. If you would like to keep non-friends from posting, please just make your profile private. We can still view and comment then. If you don't do this, you will instead start receiving PM warnings and you would not like that because they permanently stay on your record here. That means while a comment may be deleted after a week, that PM warning can not. Ever.

So, wrapping this up quickly, please switch profiles to private and allow all users to post if you wish to have only friends on your profile.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-31-2008, 08:24 PM

I assume that a lot of people who have turned their comments to friends only are labouring under a delusion that this will shield them from being given warnings. As Kitty already said, it will not; and a PM warning stays on your profile forever. If you wish for a comment warning to be removed, all you have to do is wait two weeks then ask the mod who left it, nicely, to delete it. If you have kept the rules all that time, they will do so.

If you need to know what to do to remedy this, here's a checklist:

1. Go into "My Account."
2. Click on "Edit Options."
3. Go to the "Login And Privacy" section, the first section.
4. Go to the bit marked "Only Allow Friends To Post Comments."
5. Uncheck the box.
6. Save.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 01-17-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 08-01-2008, 11:38 AM

I liked it when we did the old way. You know, when there were no profile comments and eveything was done by PM. Honestly, have the profile comments brought anything except trouble and complications?

Also, changed my profile settings now.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 01-17-2009, 03:03 PM

Just bumping this up as a reminder to the few holdouts who still haven't changed their profile settings. -.-

(#5 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 01-21-2009, 12:21 PM

Have I got to? Os0 I think mine's neither private or comment blocked.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 01-21-2009, 02:34 PM

It is; I can't post any comments on yours, which means it's "Friends Only" comments. Please change your settings.