Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 07-13-2008, 08:59 PM

There has been a lot of trouble regarding signatures in the past and while there are limits, they obviously are not stopping members from getting around them. All signatures, not just images, but everything in it, should be smaller than this image.

I don't care how you do it. I don't care how you feel about it. Large signatures, overly animated signatures, and anything in between is going to be deleted. Everyone has a week to adjust their signatures to the appropriate size.

Really, most signatures are fine, we just are getting tired of sending out messages all the time. I sent out a bunch last night fresh after returning from the airport so I finally am sick of this business.

Av & Sig Credit: Me

Last edited by Miranda_ : 02-12-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-14-2008, 06:25 AM

It's basically just the people who have massively huge blends and photos in their sigs. There are loads of places that will reduce pictures for free, so there really is no excuse for having a giant picture in your sig.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-14-2008, 07:57 AM

Is mine okay? Eek.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-14-2008, 08:51 AM

Yes. The reason why your text goes that far is it is filling the original board dimensions. It wouldn't stretch anything unlike an image.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-14-2008, 08:54 AM

Unlessitwasallinoneblurrlikethis with no spaces?

I probably should get rid of the center code though.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#6 (permalink))
Old
bb_ball_babe (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.57 Average
Send a message via AIM to bb_ball_babe
Default 07-14-2008, 11:52 AM

Is mine ok? I know I have 2 pictures but the I don't know if I can get rid of the second one because it was for a contest and I don't know if they need to see it or something. I mean it's not stretching the boards so I don't know...

~*credits*~
avi by xxGorgeouslyxDangerousxx
sig by tokiohotelus.com
(#7 (permalink))
Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-14-2008, 12:21 PM

mine is obviously fine, i think

It's weird how you say that you hate the guy who broke your heart.. but when he runs back to you, your arms are wide open..
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-24-2008, 02:39 PM

OK, we're going to start cracking down on this now. Anyone I see who has a huge picture in their sig, or loads of images that are bigger than the rules state, will get a warning to change their sig before the weekend. Anyone who doesn't change it, will have their sig removed.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-24-2008, 04:35 PM

Just to note, if you are going to have an animation, only one per signature. Conflicting animations tends to be what slows down the pages.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Unhappy 07-24-2008, 07:17 PM

I didn't think mine was too big, but apparently it was... I do have a question though.

Is there anyway that moderators can just think about sending a PM instead of posting embarrassing messages on people's profiles (that we can't delete...) who really didn't know they were breaking any rules?

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!