Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default Change Passwords - 06-10-2008, 07:35 PM

Please do not brush off the screen when you login. It is necessary for you to change your password. Remember to pick something difficult for others to guess and try not to pick something you have used in the past or on other sites because then hackers can guess at this password much more easily.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
xJESSiCA (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 26 Votes / 3.54 Average
Default 06-10-2008, 09:41 PM

I have a very secure password-and its one that i have used for years, so it's memorized pretty well. Is it still reqired for me to change it? Will I get in trouble (banned or something) if I don't? Because I don't have any other passwords I use. It makes it a ton easier for me.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-10-2008, 09:44 PM

You will not get in trouble, however it is highly recommended. Support has informed us that there has been some strange activity on the database, so until it is resolved security has to be hiked up. Think of it as an extra precaution since chances are this activity has to do with user accounts.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
BonnieGirl (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 4 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-10-2008, 11:44 PM

When did this "change your password" started? Cuz I wasn't on a for a little while 'till yesterday.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Zeitgheist (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: Not Rated
Send a message via MSN to Zeitgheist
Default 06-11-2008, 05:39 AM

It's a known fact that you can't remotely crack (or "hack") into someone's account unless your a network administrator (someone who supervises homepages in a certain area of a country) or if someone's given you the password

Almost 99% of the time someone claims they've been "hacked" they'd either:
a.) Made a very unsecure password that ex-boyfriends et.c could guess
b.) Written it down on a paper somewhere (usually next to the computer)
c.) Told someone who promised not to tell anyone but did
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-11-2008, 05:55 AM

Or used their username as their password. I'm serious; I've known of instances where people have done that, and then wondered why their account was hacked.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-11-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgheist View Post
It's a known fact that you can't remotely crack (or "hack") into someone's account unless your a network administrator (someone who supervises homepages in a certain area of a country) or if someone's given you the password

Almost 99% of the time someone claims they've been "hacked" they'd either:
a.) Made a very unsecure password that ex-boyfriends et.c could guess
b.) Written it down on a paper somewhere (usually next to the computer)
c.) Told someone who promised not to tell anyone but did
...or got caught on one of the pop up screens. I've encountered it before on here where you will click a page and suddenly need to "login", but it really is just a popup. Lots of users on here fall into that trap, though I believe measures have been taken to prevent it from happening.