Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   The Doll Palace Life (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/doll-palace-life/)
-   -   Change Passwords (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/doll-palace-life/18826-change-passwords.html)

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 06-10-2008 07:35 PM

Change Passwords

Please do not brush off the screen when you login. It is necessary for you to change your password. Remember to pick something difficult for others to guess and try not to pick something you have used in the past or on other sites because then hackers can guess at this password much more easily.

xJESSiCA 06-10-2008 09:41 PM

I have a very secure password-and its one that i have used for years, so it's memorized pretty well. Is it still reqired for me to change it? Will I get in trouble (banned or something) if I don't? Because I don't have any other passwords I use. It makes it a ton easier for me.

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 06-10-2008 09:44 PM

You will not get in trouble, however it is highly recommended. Support has informed us that there has been some strange activity on the database, so until it is resolved security has to be hiked up. Think of it as an extra precaution since chances are this activity has to do with user accounts.

BonnieGirl 06-10-2008 11:44 PM

When did this "change your password" started? Cuz I wasn't on a for a little while 'till yesterday.

Zeitgheist 06-11-2008 05:39 AM

It's a known fact that you can't remotely crack (or "hack") into someone's account unless your a network administrator (someone who supervises homepages in a certain area of a country) or if someone's given you the password

Almost 99% of the time someone claims they've been "hacked" they'd either:
a.) Made a very unsecure password that ex-boyfriends et.c could guess
b.) Written it down on a paper somewhere (usually next to the computer)
c.) Told someone who promised not to tell anyone but did

Miranda_ 06-11-2008 05:55 AM

Or used their username as their password. I'm serious; I've known of instances where people have done that, and then wondered why their account was hacked.

playinwlightnin 06-11-2008 10:32 AM

Heres a great idea for a super difficutl pass word, you may even need to write it down & use as a refrance untill you know it by heart.

Think of a favorite thing, then crypt it using numbers & symbols.

ex:

Criss Angel= cr155 @ng31
Tokio Hotel=70k10 #0731
The Crow =7h3 cr0w

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 06-11-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeitgheist (Post 705722)
It's a known fact that you can't remotely crack (or "hack") into someone's account unless your a network administrator (someone who supervises homepages in a certain area of a country) or if someone's given you the password

Almost 99% of the time someone claims they've been "hacked" they'd either:
a.) Made a very unsecure password that ex-boyfriends et.c could guess
b.) Written it down on a paper somewhere (usually next to the computer)
c.) Told someone who promised not to tell anyone but did

...or got caught on one of the pop up screens. I've encountered it before on here where you will click a page and suddenly need to "login", but it really is just a popup. Lots of users on here fall into that trap, though I believe measures have been taken to prevent it from happening.

Miranda_ 06-11-2008 04:08 PM

Not to mention that fake dollmail that was going around a little while ago asking people for their passwords.

Silent_Wolf 06-11-2008 04:32 PM

Last time I got one of those, I told them to go the hell away and quit asking for passwords because they were NOT support and that support would never ask for passwords.

Yes, I did report them. XD