Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default Profiles - 03-20-2008, 10:17 PM

I think it is important to bring up this issue with people, especially the regular members here since the problems with them are growing by the minute.

Some of you might or might not realize that comments are being used to harass people, for good intentions or bad. You guys have been good about forum scolding, now we need you to stop searching people out in PMs and their profiles. You think you are being helpful, but you quickly become a harasser as well if you do that. I know no one here wants to get in trouble, so please discontinue posting on people's profiles or PMing them to inform them they stole soandso's doll or they spammed in a topic since that is why we moderators exist. If you think we haven't realized a problem is going on, send us a quick PM and we'll take action in whatever way we deem fit.

Next, we need you guys to tell us when you are having a problem with a member on your profile. I have discovered when browsing through other members' profiles that you guys are letting yourselves be harassed and spammed. If you do not send us a message to let us know about these problems we can't ever address them. Don't be afraid to let us know if a member is bothering you since this could be happening to more than yourself.

Also, if a member asks you to contact another member, please do NOT do this. I don't care how good of friends you are, these people are sometimes harassing these members and you helping them only makes the victim feel guilty. If a member wants this person to contact them, they would allow them to through PM or on their profile. If anyone is having trouble contacting someone due to blocks on PM or their profile, then you can contact me. If I deem the message to be nonthreatening and unconnected to harassment, i will pass it along.

Finally, I would like to ask everyone to clean their profile comments periodically. There is no reason to let them get up to 100, 50, or even 25 pages. Really guys, do you need to have that message from last September or a month old request to be friends? I recommend that everyone keeps their comments pruned to around 10 pages. We don't have the time to clean your profiles for you. If I see anyone with massive amounts of comments in the next couple of weeks, I will be contacting them.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 03-20-2008, 10:30 PM

See I totally agree with everything you just said above but I have one basic concern.
People with a lot of comments on their profile.

There is not a selection in which you could do like a multi delete of the comments to get rid of them in a mass quantity and for some users even myself are going to have a lot of time being spent just deleting the messages.

Is there something maybe I overlooked that might make the deletion much quicker and a little less painful to sit through???

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-20-2008, 10:36 PM

I know this is an issue which is why I suggested a box to mass delete comments to support tonight. I'm not sure if this is possible, but no one will get in trouble for being way over for a few weeks to a month. I'd suggest that you just take it a little at a time. For example, set yourself the task of deleting 5 pages everyday until you reach the suggested maximum.

If it gets really bad, I will help you guys if you ask me. I will only do that if I see you guys are doing some on your own as well and if I have the time. I know people with 50 or 100+ pages will need the help and I will probably start going through profiles and begin deleting them. I don't want anyone to be alarmed since I'm not touching any recent stuff, only posts on their oldest pages.

If anyone has any further thoughts on this, post here. It concerns all of you and I don't want you to think we're ignoring you guys. I know you might think we're trying to control you, but we really aren't. I've just seen some really catty comments on here that slip by that would've been completely unacceptable on the forums and it concerns me because you guys should still be abiding by basic rules on profiles.

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 03-20-2008 at 10:56 PM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 03-20-2008, 10:39 PM

thats a great idea I hope Jessica can do something about mass deletion . lol I have gone through three pages go me!

(#5 (permalink))
Old
IcePrincess48 (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 5 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via AIM to IcePrincess48 Send a message via MSN to IcePrincess48
Default 03-20-2008, 10:41 PM

That's a great idea.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
I had 56 pages of profile comments and I am starting to delete them away slowly. It takes a lot of time.
Hopefully, Jessica will create a mass delete button. It will help a lot.

Happy June everyone and have a happy summer!

Credits:
Avie - Cutiekins.
Doll - Me; Animated by x_____x.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-20-2008, 10:46 PM

Thank you guys This is a huge task so don't feel the need to force yourselves through all of it tonight. I won't be sending out warnings for at least two weeks and will be taking the time out to help prune your messages during that time. As long as you are trying to do it, I am a happy camper.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
purple_foxx_

Default 03-22-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Wolf_Kitty View Post
I think it is important to bring up this issue with people, especially the regular members here since the problems with them are growing by the minute.

Some of you might or might not realize that comments are being used to harass people, for good intentions or bad. You guys have been good about forum scolding, now we need you to stop searching people out in PMs and their profiles. You think you are being helpful, but you quickly become a harasser as well if you do that. I know no one here wants to get in trouble, so please discontinue posting on people's profiles or PMing them to inform them they stole soandso's doll or they spammed in a topic since that is why we moderators exist. If you think we haven't realized a problem is going on, send us a quick PM and we'll take action in whatever way we deem fit.

Next, we need you guys to tell us when you are having a problem with a member on your profile. I have discovered when browsing through other members' profiles that you guys are letting yourselves be harassed and spammed. If you do not send us a message to let us know about these problems we can't ever address them. Don't be afraid to let us know if a member is bothering you since this could be happening to more than yourself.

Also, if a member asks you to contact another member, please do NOT do this. I don't care how good of friends you are, these people are sometimes harassing these members and you helping them only makes the victim feel guilty. If a member wants this person to contact them, they would allow them to through PM or on their profile. If anyone is having trouble contacting someone due to blocks on PM or their profile, then you can contact me. If I deem the message to be nonthreatening and unconnected to harassment, i will pass it along.

Finally, I would like to ask everyone to clean their profile comments periodically. There is no reason to let them get up to 100, 50, or even 25 pages. Really guys, do you need to have that message from last September or a month old request to be friends? I recommend that everyone keeps their comments pruned to around 10 pages. We don't have the time to clean your profiles for you. If I see anyone with massive amounts of comments in the next couple of weeks, I will be contacting them.
The "harrasing part" about the comments, I couldn't agree anymore.
When going to post comments on my friend's account, I've seen things about "rape" (<<<ew!) & "beating you up"

Seriously, it's a website, not something you have to do to look cool...
so, I totally agree.
(:
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-22-2008, 02:52 PM

If you see anything like that, PM me or Silver Wolf Kitty with the name of the person and a link to the profile page.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-23-2008, 09:07 PM

Something else which everyone needs to know. Advertising your shop on other peoples' profiles is classified as spam. I know some regular members do this frequently, so it needs to stop immediately. No one is getting away with that.

Also, don't be alarmed if your comments are going down. I am cleaning them out without warning on profiles with 10+ pages. I'm not usually cleaning them all out, but in some cases I am reducing them to about 5 pages or comments from about 1 month ago. It depends on my mood so don't complain if I am working on them.

If I post on your profile, do NOT delete it. I have marked you out for other moderators as unavailable for help. The same as any other moderator warning, deleting it will result in an infraction. From this point on anyone who deletes warnings will be in trouble.

Also, I expect profiles to be clean by APRIL 4! After that there will be a probationary period in which I collect a list of members who have refused to comply with our request and they will be punished if they continue to refuse after our warnings.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 05-28-2009 at 08:47 AM.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 03-24-2008, 05:44 PM

SWK, who was that directed at?

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm