Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   The Doll Palace Life (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/doll-palace-life/)
-   -   Profiles (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/doll-palace-life/18211-profiles.html)

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 03-20-2008 09:17 PM

Profiles

I think it is important to bring up this issue with people, especially the regular members here since the problems with them are growing by the minute.

Some of you might or might not realize that comments are being used to harass people, for good intentions or bad. You guys have been good about forum scolding, now we need you to stop searching people out in PMs and their profiles. You think you are being helpful, but you quickly become a harasser as well if you do that. I know no one here wants to get in trouble, so please discontinue posting on people's profiles or PMing them to inform them they stole soandso's doll or they spammed in a topic since that is why we moderators exist. If you think we haven't realized a problem is going on, send us a quick PM and we'll take action in whatever way we deem fit.

Next, we need you guys to tell us when you are having a problem with a member on your profile. I have discovered when browsing through other members' profiles that you guys are letting yourselves be harassed and spammed. If you do not send us a message to let us know about these problems we can't ever address them. Don't be afraid to let us know if a member is bothering you since this could be happening to more than yourself.

Also, if a member asks you to contact another member, please do NOT do this. I don't care how good of friends you are, these people are sometimes harassing these members and you helping them only makes the victim feel guilty. If a member wants this person to contact them, they would allow them to through PM or on their profile. If anyone is having trouble contacting someone due to blocks on PM or their profile, then you can contact me. If I deem the message to be nonthreatening and unconnected to harassment, i will pass it along.

Finally, I would like to ask everyone to clean their profile comments periodically. There is no reason to let them get up to 100, 50, or even 25 pages. Really guys, do you need to have that message from last September or a month old request to be friends? I recommend that everyone keeps their comments pruned to around 10 pages. We don't have the time to clean your profiles for you. If I see anyone with massive amounts of comments in the next couple of weeks, I will be contacting them.

delly1 03-20-2008 09:30 PM

See I totally agree with everything you just said above but I have one basic concern.
People with a lot of comments on their profile.

There is not a selection in which you could do like a multi delete of the comments to get rid of them in a mass quantity and for some users even myself are going to have a lot of time being spent just deleting the messages.

Is there something maybe I overlooked that might make the deletion much quicker and a little less painful to sit through???

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 03-20-2008 09:36 PM

I know this is an issue which is why I suggested a box to mass delete comments to support tonight. I'm not sure if this is possible, but no one will get in trouble for being way over for a few weeks to a month. I'd suggest that you just take it a little at a time. For example, set yourself the task of deleting 5 pages everyday until you reach the suggested maximum.

If it gets really bad, I will help you guys if you ask me. I will only do that if I see you guys are doing some on your own as well and if I have the time. I know people with 50 or 100+ pages will need the help and I will probably start going through profiles and begin deleting them. I don't want anyone to be alarmed since I'm not touching any recent stuff, only posts on their oldest pages.

If anyone has any further thoughts on this, post here. It concerns all of you and I don't want you to think we're ignoring you guys. I know you might think we're trying to control you, but we really aren't. I've just seen some really catty comments on here that slip by that would've been completely unacceptable on the forums and it concerns me because you guys should still be abiding by basic rules on profiles.

delly1 03-20-2008 09:39 PM

thats a great idea :) I hope Jessica can do something about mass deletion . lol I have gone through three pages go me!

IcePrincess48 03-20-2008 09:41 PM

That's a great idea.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
I had 56 pages of profile comments and I am starting to delete them away slowly. It takes a lot of time.
Hopefully, Jessica will create a mass delete button. It will help a lot.

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 03-20-2008 09:46 PM

Thank you guys :) This is a huge task so don't feel the need to force yourselves through all of it tonight. I won't be sending out warnings for at least two weeks and will be taking the time out to help prune your messages during that time. As long as you are trying to do it, I am a happy camper.

Silent_Wolf 03-21-2008 07:26 AM

I think I only have five pages of comments, at most; it's blocked to members that aren't on my buddy list, so there's not any spam as far as I can see it.

I hope. O_o

xPapercut 03-21-2008 07:31 AM

I only has 51 pages of comments! I really don't wanna delete them....;.;
I put my comments on friends only so I don't get any spam. I do delete it as soon as I see it, though.

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 03-21-2008 07:44 AM

No Wolfie, you're fine.

Sugar, as I stated above, I find it less likely you need every single one of those comments. Do you know what they are all added up? 509. I refuse to start a race for the most profile comments and if you don't trim them down to around 10 pages in the next two weeks, I will delete them myself. I will say right now that if I have to do that I will make sure you get in trouble since everyone else is rather eager to clean them out. Its not like I'm demanding that it is done by sunday. I proposed that everyone does a few pages a night and offered help to anyone who needs it.

xPapercut 03-21-2008 10:34 AM

Alright then, I'll delete some.