Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 03-25-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singergirl509 View Post
Maybe support can make it to where ONLY MODS can make it where their comment cannot be deleted. Only they can delete it. It would solve a couple problems and hopefully not create more.
lol I was thinking about posting that
Like the mods should be able to have a selection to be able to make the comment they posted in some ones profile a sticky kinda like our sticky topics . Therefore resulting in what Carrie suggested being only mods can delete their comment.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-26-2008, 07:52 AM

That's a nice idea, but it lets people off the hook; if you've gotten a mod warning, then you have done something to warrant it. The same goes to receiving a PM warning or infraction; a lot of people seem to think that these warrant a reply or a nasty message back. To me, that's the same as deleting mod profile warnings.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 03-29-2008, 03:37 PM

Just so everyone knows, I still am watching to see if your profiles are clean. Anyone who doesn't clean them by this Thursday will be banned for a week or more. I decided since everyone seems to think I'm joking to remove the probationary period. It will only be awarded briefly to some people who only have a few pages to eliminate.

That said, I am not kidding around. I want profiles cleaned and kept clean or else there will be strong consequences.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-29-2008, 03:48 PM

The length of your ban will depend on a) how large your comments section still is and b) how much effort you've made to clean it.

Don't worry if you've made a gargantuan effort to clean your profile but are still a few pages short of the target; we are closely monitoring people on this so that the people who are genuinely making an effort to abide by this rule will not be punished; only those who are still treating this like a joke and not bothering to pull their fingers out and clean their profiles.

(#25 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-03-2008, 07:10 PM

TODAY IS THE FINAL DAY! I have compiled a list of screennames who will be banned if nothing is done about their comments. Also, if you have multiple accounts, you need to come forward and tell us your old ones so we can clean those comments as well. If you fail to come forward, I also have a growing list of the multiple accounts and you will simply be banned on your new one. Be smart, send me a message now and tell your friends to do so as well.

The list has gone out. Last chance for multiple accounts and people with comments over the limit. Tomorrow multiple accounts will be banned permanently and anyone with comments over the limit will be facing bans lasting anywhere from a week to a month.

Just to update, bans have been handed out and comments are now being cleaned by the moderators. Don't be surprised to discover many regular members have been banned for long periods of time, but most no more than a week or two and barely 15 accounts were punished. We will be checking profiles at random so don't think we won't notice if anyone decides to let their profile go to seed.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 02-14-2009 at 09:50 PM.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Sarah_K_O_M (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 22 Votes / 3.59 Average
Default 04-10-2008, 06:34 AM

UGH. Last night it took me 3+ hours to clean out 14 pages of comments.

"Without heroes we are all plain people and don't know how far we can go."

-Bernard Malamud

Last edited by Miranda_ : 02-14-2009 at 09:51 PM.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 04-10-2008, 06:37 AM

A good idea is to set your profile to friends only, to keep spam and n00bs out. Less comments that are worthless that way. *nod*

... I probs should go check and see if I got a page already. o.o

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-10-2008, 03:57 PM

Sarah, if you have the tabs available for your internet, you can open up the edit option on about five at the same time and just quickly click through and delete. I found it saved me loads of time instead of clicking on it over and over again.

By the way, I hope no one thinks we're done handing out bans just because the first list went out. I'm still collecting names as I clean of multiple accounts and anyone over the limit.

(#29 (permalink))
Old
Sarah_K_O_M (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 22 Votes / 3.59 Average
Default 04-10-2008, 04:04 PM

Really? Brilliant. I was just doing one at a time.

Kicking a$$ and taking names, eh? XD

"Without heroes we are all plain people and don't know how far we can go."

-Bernard Malamud
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-10-2008, 04:26 PM

I do it one at a time when I need to give myself a break, especially since some profiles give me problems with all the images on it.

Of course I even started going through the "A"s on the members list a week or so ago. Still trying to think of a plan of action for that since we are talking loads of names, most of which have to be cleaned of at least a few comments since someone who hasn't been on since 2005 doesn't need them. We'll discuss that though once we are done with the initial list.