Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
sarika2004 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Send a message via MSN to sarika2004
Default Why TDP isn't and will never be totally free - 09-12-2006, 06:41 PM

After an overwhelming ammount of topics concerning this issue, I've decided to put up a nice little sticky.

TDP will never be totally free, it could most likely not exist. When you pay for your premium membership you are giving money to keep the site up and running, without the money you pay TDP would be running on donations and they can't normally keep a site as big as TDP supported. To sum it up...

NO MONEY=NO SITE

Any questions or comments feel free to post here ^_^.

Questions
Q: Why can't TDP make money any other way?
A: They do make money other ways ( http://www.thedollpalace.com/shopping/ and also through ad revenue) but that could never make enough money to support a site large as TDP. With premium, people are paying for something that is required in some sections, the other things that are for sale are accessories. If you have any ideas, I'm sure we would all be eager to hear them.

Your sarcastic, spazzy, and smexy lover!

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 08-17-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 09-12-2006, 08:37 PM

Ah, thank you for this refreshing of our memories Sarika =)

To tack this on, there are a lot of features as standards that they give you without charge. They could just make this a "payment only" type of site, but it has been arranged so people can be standards and enjoy some features for free. It nice what standards have and they need to keep in mind that it might not be that way on other sites(and frequently isn't, as many of you know who have visited other doll sites).

Also, if I remember my numbers correctly, an animated doll takes 10 times the amount of server space of a non-animated doll. Premiums are paying basically for their server space.

Av & Sig Credit: Me

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 08-17-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-06-2007, 06:55 AM

And $2 isn't that much; I bet half of you spend more of that on CDs and clothes every week. I haven't got premi only cuz I don't think I really need it; I doll sometimes, but I don't handdraw dolls. I have thought of getting it just to see what it's like, but not just now.

By the way, $2 is just over 1; hardly breaking the bank. ^^

(#4 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Wink 05-08-2008, 05:29 AM

It's not that expensive to be a premium member and besides it's TOTALLY worth EVERY CENT!!!

I don't understand what's so confusing...a site has people behind it, people that already put their time and effort into making such a wonderful site for us all...why is it so unfair to ask for help running the site with a premium membership?

Not only does it help the site, but their's a sense of belonging because you're not just "anybody" on the website, you're a Premi.

If it's not worth it to you to get a Premium account for only $2 per month then why are you complaining?

Although new content would be great it's definately not something I'm worried about as a premi. I'm too busy with my personal maker and contests as it is. Not to mention I still haven't run out of dollies to make .

That's yet another reason to get the premiumship: You NEVER run out of things to do. (Even if there hasn't been anything new in a long time).

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 08-17-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Closed Thread