Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Obscene_Fetish (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-19-2014, 12:51 PM

This is a new doll, that I just finished. She is modeled after the Runway Model you see next to her.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Obscene_Fetish (Offline)
Silent

Default 08-21-2014, 03:16 PM

Here are some dogs that I made for the Classic Story Book Contest.

First off is: Glenda, The Good Witch of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
Makers used, Purrrrfection. Customized details on MS Paint.

The next doll comes from, The Grimm's Brothers, Grimm's Fairy Tales story "The Girl Without Hands". The story is about a poor Miller who was offered wealth by an old man(who was actually the devil) for exchange of whatever was behind his Mill. The Miller, thinking he was referring to the apple tree behind the mill, actually was giving away his daughter(who by chance had been doing chores there). After realizing what he had done, he told the daughter and she lived the next three years in absolute purity. When the devil had returned, he found a pure woman that had washed her hands free of sin. Frustrated, the devil demanded that she stay away from water. The next day he returned to claim her and found her weeping into her hands. Knowing that her hands would continue to be cleansed of sin this way, the devil demanded the miller to cut her hands off or he would be taken instead. The daughter agreed, in order to save her greedy father, and let him chop her hands off. However, the daughter continued to weep on her stumps. The devil, gave up his attempts on the pure daughter. After this, the daughter refused to stay at the mill, and set off into the world to rely on the kindness of strangers. One day she came upon a royal garden and a guardian angel helped her partake of the pears in the, carefully monitored, tree. She then found solace in a brush. The next morning, the king came out to the tree and found that he was missing a pear. After discussing what happened, with a gardner who had seen the entire thing, he decided to wait for her to come back. Later that night she returned with the guardian angel and the king approached her and took her in. Finding her incredibly beautiful and pure, he married her and had customed silver hands for his new queen. After a year, the king set out to the battlefield. He left his pregnant queen in the care of his mother and requested the news of the birth be sent to him. After giving birth to a beautiful boy, the mother sent a messenger with a letter to the King giving him the joyous news. The Devil, still quite fixated on the queen, replaced the letter with a letter saying the child was a changeling. The king, upon receiving the news was saddened, sent word back to take care of the queen and child until his return. Again, the devil intercepted the letter and switched it with one saying that the queen and child were to be killed and to keep the queens eyes and tongue as proof. The mother, mortified by this, went out and killed a doe and saved the eyes and tongue. She, sadly, returned to the queen and said that she wouldn't kill her, but she had to leave and never come back. She then tied the baby to the queens back and sent her into the world. The grieving queen left and came upon a wild forest where she prayed. An angel appeared and led her to a small house with a sign saying "Here anyone can live for free". There she was cared for by another angel and eventually, her hands grew back. The king returned from battle to find his mother who wept at his cruelty. The king, filled with grief, was told they were still alive. He then pledged to not eat or drink until he found his wife and son, and set out into the world to find them. He set out, never eating and never drinking though the lord kept him alive and well. After 7 years of searching, he came across the cabin and was approached by the angel who invited him in. He told her his story and after refusing nourishment, he lied down with a cloth over his face. The angel went in to the next room to where the Queen and her son, who she called "Filled With Grief", were sitting and told her "Your husband has come, take your son into the next room. They went into the room and the cloth fell from his face. She told her son to put the cloth back on to his fathers face. Upon hearing this, the king awoke and the cloth fell again. "Filled With Grief" had become impatient and curious saying "Mother, the only father I have is not of this earth but in heaven". The king then rose and asked who she was. She then said "I am your wife and this is your son, "Filled With Grief". The king, in disbelief, said "My wife had silver hands" . The Angel, then approached the king, handed him the silver hands. The wife explained that the lord had allowed her hands to grow back. Filled with joy, the king, the queen, and their son returned to the castle and lived happily ever after.

*Makers- Purrrrrfection, Dollz- Thanksgiving maker, and StyleDollz.Com- Thanksgiving Maker. Edited on MS Paint

This is a new Nautical Doll.. Didn't quite turn out like I wanted. But I'm still pleased with the results.

Last edited by Obscene_Fetish : 08-22-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-23-2014, 02:17 AM

That's a crazy story! I think it would have been cool to incorporate the angels or the silver hands somehow, but I love that you have the pear tree. I'm not sure how I feel about her bloody stumps; I think the "purification" aspect of her weeping would somehow make her stumps prettier. You also could have drawn in some tears to show her weeping. But overall, this is a pretty good pictorial demonstration of the story!

EDIT: this is more of a practical tip, but I noticed that this doll doesn't glitter in the contest section, and that is because the dimensions are too big; the largest canvas you can have is 250x250 pixels in ANY direction; this doll is 224x270, so it is 25 pixels too tall. If you crop it somehow, it should work again. Just can't be more than 250 pixels wide OR 250 pixels high. Thought you should know!

Isn't the Good Witch from the Wizard of Oz named Glinda? Or is that just in the movie version? I haven't read the books, but I do know that there are a lot more witches, and that Dorothy's shoes are silver and not ruby.

Cute nautical doll! Love the flared pants and back pocket stitches. Only issue there is her head angle; she looks like she needs an exorcist cause her head/neck is turned all the way around! You could fix this either by altering the angle of her torso so that it is slightly turned towards us (just use a different base part), or by changing the angle of her legs; just indicate that she is twisting more than her neck some how. I would say you could use more of a side head view, but I think that that would actually be super difficult to do.

Av/Sig set: Lovie

Last edited by belladoggy : 08-23-2014 at 02:23 AM.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Obscene_Fetish (Offline)
Silent

Default 08-23-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belladoggy View Post
That's a crazy story! I think it would have been cool to incorporate the angels or the silver hands somehow, but I love that you have the pear tree. I'm not sure how I feel about her bloody stumps; I think the "purification" aspect of her weeping would somehow make her stumps prettier. You also could have drawn in some tears to show her weeping. But overall, this is a pretty good pictorial demonstration of the story!

EDIT: this is more of a practical tip, but I noticed that this doll doesn't glitter in the contest section, and that is because the dimensions are too big; the largest canvas you can have is 250x250 pixels in ANY direction; this doll is 224x270, so it is 25 pixels too tall. If you crop it somehow, it should work again. Just can't be more than 250 pixels wide OR 250 pixels high. Thought you should know!

Isn't the Good Witch from the Wizard of Oz named Glinda? Or is that just in the movie version? I haven't read the books, but I do know that there are a lot more witches, and that Dorothy's shoes are silver and not ruby.

Cute nautical doll! Love the flared pants and back pocket stitches. Only issue there is her head angle; she looks like she needs an exorcist cause her head/neck is turned all the way around! You could fix this either by altering the angle of her torso so that it is slightly turned towards us (just use a different base part), or by changing the angle of her legs; just indicate that she is twisting more than her neck some how. I would say you could use more of a side head view, but I think that that would actually be super difficult to do.
First off, thanks for the tip on glittering images. I've been wondering why they wouldn't work. The dimensions state 350 x 290 on the contests upload page. But, I will definitely keep this in mind. Her stumps were not meant to look "bloody" but rather infected or raw.. but I see what you mean. I was going to incorporate an angel, but there is an angel statue next to the tree.

I cannot believe that I didn't notice Glinda rather than Glenda. My surface pro auto corrects everything. I should be more cautious. But yes, it is Glinda.

When it came to making the nautical doll, I created the entire doll before choosing a head. She does have an exorcism thing going on, lol. Next time ill opt for a twisted torso..

Again thanks for the cc!!!!!

(#15 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 08-23-2014, 11:29 PM

Wow, you're really good at editing. PLEASE tell me you have a personal maker? If not, you should really consider having one. Makers that have personally made items are always sure-fire popular ones.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#16 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-24-2014, 02:05 AM

Of course! Yeah, it will accept the larger sized images, but it won't animate them. That's why all of the frames in those two makers haver those dimensions since it is sort of the default size for dolls. And I agree with Lovie, you should totally create a personal maker if you haven't already!

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Obscene_Fetish (Offline)
Silent

Default 08-25-2014, 10:14 AM

I've never really given much thought to having a personal doll maker. I might just have to do it.

This is another doll for the Nautical Girls contests. She was inspired by children's sailor outfits.

These next two were made for the first round of the Miss Universe Contest- Nature Themed. Both were made using the Purrrrfection doll maker and edits made on MS Paint.

Last edited by Obscene_Fetish : 08-27-2014 at 06:50 PM.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Obscene_Fetish (Offline)
Silent

Default 08-27-2014, 06:51 PM

I love how this one came out. I made Kelly Osbourne on the 2014 Emmys Contest. She was made with the Purrrrfection and Objects maker. Part of her base is from Dolls.Com.Br. Edits made on MS Paint and glitters done with Free Online Image Editor.

And this is another for the Emmys. Michelle Dockery, who was nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for her work in Downtown Abbey.

And, of course, the amazing Amy Poehler.

Last edited by Obscene_Fetish : 08-28-2014 at 11:37 PM.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Obscene_Fetish (Offline)
Silent

Default 09-01-2014, 03:50 PM

This is me as a pinup. The base comes from Dolls.com.br, the hair is from the Options maker(edited), the vanity table is from StyleDollz(edited), and the vanity mirror is from Ikea. Her outfit is 100% hand drawn.

And this is the doll that I've made for Miranda's "~* Make This Doll *~" contest. The doll base is from Dolls.com.br (with added and edited arm from the options maker), The hair is from the options maker(edited on ms paint) and the outfit was hand drawn on MS Paint. The plants are from StyleDollz. I love Poison Ivy and cannot wait to make more of her.

The second one was made using both Purrrfection and Options maker (edits on MS Paint). And hand drawn outfit.

Last edited by Obscene_Fetish : 09-02-2014 at 05:57 PM.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Obscene_Fetish (Offline)
Silent

Default 09-04-2014, 04:43 PM

Here we have the doll submission created for the Miranda's Mary Sue Contest.
My Fandom inspiration was Game of Thrones. (Left to Right)
Imogen Tyrell(Mary Sue)- This doll was created using the Objects Maker (Hair and dress both customized on MS paint). The Base(For all females) comes from Dolls.com.br.
Jaimie Lannister- His clothes and golden hand were taken from the "Guys" Dollz Maker(Customized on MS paint) His head was taken from the "Doll Gear" maker(Customed on MS Paint).
Margaery Lannister- Her hair was taken from the "Objects" maker(Customized on MS Paint) Part of her dress was taken from "Objects" but the rest was hand drawn.
Cersei Lannister- Hair and part of dress were taken from "Objects" (Customized- Top portion of dress is hand drawn).

The background is from google images.