Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-19-2014, 05:51 AM

Didn't see the New Years banner; nice job on that! Good use of color scheme

Not too much to say on your DIY background doll; she's pretty cute. If anything, I'd say you could have added even more flowers/plants so that there isn't just a big transparent space where your homemade background should be. I like the way you "framed" the doll with the two flower pedestals and the rose corner.

For the doll with horses, I would suggest blocking out the part of the background outside of the frame (I'm thrilled that you are using backgrounds, though!). That frame looks like it came from Lovie's maker, and I know for a fact that she has special pieces use can use so that you can select the area and clear it (it's those bright blue pieces next to the frames). It just makes your dolls look more polished. I would also suggest adding text or something in that big empty space above their heads; particularly if the excess was blocked out, it makes the doll look like something is missing. It doesn't have to be text; it could be an extra prop like a cloud or a bird or a butterfly, there should just be something there so it doesn't look so empty.

Your flapper doll is gorgeous. I don't care that there is no background; this doll can stand on its own. From the feathers to the necklaces to the cigarette, everything about this doll screams "1920's!" And the glitter, as always, is lovely.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
keewee (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 06-19-2014, 12:53 PM

Thanks! I don't know how to block out the excess background and I have been wanting to do that for a while! It's probably because I don't have paint or photo shop or anything like that. I also thought it looked empty and wanted to add text, but didn't know what to put! I'll definitely try using props to fill in the empty space next time. I don't know why I never thought of that. And I just adore my 1920's doll! I had the hardest time finding a dress. So glad it worked out!

My Avi: A Doll A La Kriz
My Siggy: Me
Check out my shop!!!
http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/r...wees-shop.html

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-19-2014, 02:10 PM

You should be able to get paint or a paint-like program for free somewhere; I use the GIMP which is essentially a free version of a photoshop-like program. There are also online image editing sites like iaza you can use. I think Pixlr.com works too, though I don't know if they still exist or not.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#24 (permalink))
Old
celune (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Default 06-20-2014, 12:41 PM

I agree with Bella about the framing. But I love the horse doll to bits nonetheless! The flapper girl is adorable as well : 3

Base by KawaiiHannah
(#25 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-27-2014, 04:42 PM

I agree with Bridie! Your 1920's doll is really great!
It may be a little late, but you should submit the banner doll to the club!
Your Animal Goddess is pretty cool too! That mint green/teal is my favorite color.

If you need help with transparency, I'd be more than happy to create a tutorial for you! (And everyone else of course.) It's relatively easy and makes a big difference on some dolls.

(#26 (permalink))
Old
keewee (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Default 07-27-2014, 04:46 PM

I would really appreciate that tutorial! Thanks!

My Avi: A Doll A La Kriz
My Siggy: Me
Check out my shop!!!
http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/r...wees-shop.html

(#27 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-27-2014, 05:31 PM

Here you are! .:How To Make Backgrounds Transparent:.