Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default MsShino's Dollmaker Dolls - 08-22-2012, 06:11 PM

Here are some of the dollmaker dolls that I have been making. Most of these I have been entering in TDP contests

I have some others but I think these are my faves (so far).

The second one wasn't for a contest, but she is the inspiration for one that is in a contest.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 08-22-2012, 07:51 PM

Very good! Do you compete in the contests section at all?

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 08-22-2012, 09:18 PM

Thanks. I didn't realize there was a contest section for doll maker dolls. Could you possibly give me the link? I'd love to check it out.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 08-22-2012, 10:43 PM

http://www.thedollpalace.com/contest/

There's the link. There's also a very large blue button on the Home page that says Contests that'll take you there too. If you enter often you'll be eligible to join The_Contestants Club. Good luck, and I hope to compete with you soon!

(#5 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 08-23-2012, 12:37 AM

Oh yes. That's where I participate I thought you meant there was a dollmaker contest on the forum.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-23-2012, 09:43 AM

Well there is that, too. It's this thread here: This is Lovie's current contest; when it ends the winner will pick the next theme

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#7 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 01-05-2013, 10:53 AM

How did I miss your last upload?! I will comment tomorrow!

Edit: Okay, time for catch-up!

Lemon/Lime: I love the colors on this! And the accessories are perfect.

Fantasy Dress: I love your use of accessories (it's rarely seen, so I always love seeing them) but I agree that the dress enhancements could have used some creativity.

LittleGem: I like this doll a lot, I can tell a lot of thought went into it. I agree the background wouldn't have been my first choice, but given the nature, pun intended, of this doll I think it suits it in theory at least.

OhLaLa: I like how this one turned out, and I agree, the simple dolls have their own allure. I think it's the scrolly bits on the canvas instead of it blending with a background and being lost behind a frame. It's like a showcase, instead of a framed everyday piece.

Purple: I didn't really like this one so much. Nothing was wrong with technique, but I feel the purple and skin tone blend way too much and there's not a whole lot of contrasting purples, more like one big lavender blob.

Miss Earth: I like the color in her cloak, and that frame is one of my favorites. Please tell me you're going to open your maker soon?!

(#8 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 01-09-2013, 10:43 PM

Thanks for the comments.

I love using accessories, and you and Ness fill my need to use them since you have tons of them. ^^ And I should have my maker up before the end of the month. I have been working on it for the past two days and I am finally over the 100 items mark. It doesn't seem like a lot, but I think when it's up people will realize just how much effort has gone into some of the frames.

Well I'm gonna post a few more now, cause I doubt I will have time Friday. (I have tommorrow and Saturday off.)

Desert Elf Magic
Credit: Options, Me, The Mummy (the movie), Google
So this is my entry for the final round of Lovie's elf pageant. I was kinda dreading doing animation, but once I got started I had a lot of fun with it. Not that I am going to be doing a lot of animating in the future, I am waaaay to picky. The background is actually a screencap of The Mummy movie. And the fire is different screencaps from that same scene. I was creative ^^. I really love the glitter on her skirt too. It looks like it's part of the magic, or that could be just me.

Applejack
Credit: Options and Me
So this was for Kaya's MLP contest. This one you were supposed to make a doll of Applejack. I went completely different than everyone else. I love just staring at this. It's so bright and refreshing, especially since it's so cold and dreary here. Oh and I just gotta say, I am particularly proud of that frame. ^^

The Girl Who Waits
Credit: Purrrfection
This is another shop order. This one was pretty specific so I didn't stray too far. It's supposed to be Amy Pond from Doctor Who. Which I've only ever seen 2 episodes of like 3 years ago.

XOXO Shino AV
Credit: Purrrfection and Contestants Club Maker
So this is my current AV over at the Contestants club. I wanted to challenge myself and make a doll that was only 100x100. I think I did pretty good. ^^

Well my current project, if you didn't already notice, is getting my maker up ASAP so I may not make any new dolls for a few weeks. (Miss Universe and Club stuff being the exceptions) I'd still love comments on my last two doll posts too.

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#9 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 01-19-2013, 09:42 PM

I haven't gotten very far on my maker this week. ^_^ I've still been busy though.

Rusty Leaf Bettle
So this is my entry for Rnd 2 of Lovie's Little Gems contest. It was really hard finding a bettle to use cause a lot of them were just freaky looking. On this I had the doll completely done except the head and when I choose this head I didn't like it with the other dress that I choose so, I choose a completely different dress. I like it much better.

Miss Mars
So this is for the 4th round of my Miss Universe Pageant. I had to go with the traditional green for Mars. ^^ I really like the simple elegance of this one. And that happens to be one of the requirements for this round, along with the dark green skin, dark hair, and antenna.

Imagine
So Lovie put up a portrait doll that is supposed to inspire a scene for a contest. Well this was what I was inspired to do. I don't think anyone else would look at that portrait and think 'Oh I'm gonna make an Ice Queen Naga' The only thing I didn't do is make the hair white, but I actually liked it better this way. The one thing that bugs me is for some reason a spot of glitter appeared in the corner of her eye when I saved her. Weird.

Odile
Credit: Options, TDP, and Me
This is for another of Lovie's contests. We're supposed to be inspired by Swan Lake. I did Odile the Black Swan. I really like how this turned out. I should since this took me all day. Of course I have been pretty busy with customers too. And this time the random dot of glitter is on her leg. I don't know why it's doing that all of a sudden. Oh I figured I could post this cause I'm sure Lovie will get this approved on the contests fairly quickly.

Well there's my dollehs for now.

Would love some comments. Anyone? *crikets chirp* O_o

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#10 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-20-2013, 10:31 PM

Beetle: I really like this doll. The dress design is pretty cool and I like the background.

Miss Mars: I can't wait to see some entries for this! I'm gonna see if I can make one tomorrow.

Imagine: This was seriously unexpected for me. You really stepped it up! You're right, no one would of thought of an Ice Queen Naga. Kudos to you!

Odile: Very nice! The frame is AWESOME!! One of yours I'm guessing?