Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#61 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 11-30-2012, 03:48 PM

Thanks Ness. I'm glad I could help with the cometition. ^^ I really like my angel too, I normally don't go for the really traditional Christmas in any artwork I do but I am so happy with this.

Wow Lovie lots of comments. *deep breath* Okay here goes:

When Ness put up the temp theme at the club I knew immediately that I wanted to use blue and yellow. The frame that I have been using, and will continue to use for the Miss Universe Pageant will be in my maker. I can honestly say that I have never heard that planet song. And I don't care what those scientist say Pluto is a planet. On the elf you wanted formal for the first round, and I figured I could do the best with a deseret sunset. I see what you mean about the sash on Windy. Yes you must enter PINK! Muhahahahahaha! O_o Um yeah I went a little maniacal for a moment there. I'm gonna agree with you on my Pegasus doll. The glitter is good. No more of my whining! *is all stern* And my Angel. I really do love her. I could just stare at her (well me. ^^) I want an angel just like that for a Christmas Tree Topper.

Well thanks for commenting!

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#62 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 11-30-2012, 04:10 PM

Blue's Clues Solar System Song (Original) - YouTube

Someone taped it from their tv. But that's the song that I start singing every time I see a new planets contest, lol.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#63 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 12-18-2012, 05:14 PM

Thanks for the comments everyone!

So I have some new stuff. I have a lot of mixed feelings on some of these dolls cause I have been using a different computer because our other one crashed (thankfully it sounds like everything is okay and I'll have it back soon ^^) and this computer has an EXTREMELY touch mouse plus it's just not the same.

Anyways, here are some recent dollehs.

Lemon Lime
Credit: Options, Purrrfection and me
I got to host the most recent contest at the Contestants Club. I choose yummy flavors. I was trying to convey the idea of different Lemon Lime sodas. There are a lot, and they are all different, which I think is interesting. Oh and since the original outfit had the netting and skirt as the same color I had to go pixel by pixel to be able to glitter the netting, but it was totally worth it.

Fantasy Dress (original right ^^)
Credit: Purrrfection
So this is my entry for Ness' fantasy dress contest. Of course I don't think this particular dress came from the fantasy section... I had fun with this, even though this was probably my 6th try for this contest. The others were AWFUL and I totally blame that on the different computer ^^

Oleander Moth
Credit: Options and Me
This is for Lovie's new contest of Little Gems. This round is moths. I immediately went on bugguide.com and found a moth to use. I am still not sure if I care for the background, but I love the doll herself. Oh and if you are wondering the white flowers are supposed to be oleanders. Not sure if that's what they look like or not though. I'm actually thinking about making another moth too. Just gotta find one I want to do.

Oh la la
Credit: Options
This is for another Doll This contest hosted by Miranda. I had so much fun with this one. Basically the big red hair, and the black dress are the only things I took from the original picture. I had so much fun doing this. Even if that white outline was a HUGE pain. I know how to do it easier on other programs, unfortunately Pixlr does not have the particular option I needed to make it easy so it took a bit longer than it really needed to, but so totally worth it. And I am really starting to like making dolls with no frames and just minimal background. I actually have one for a shop request (that I should have done a while ago) that I am working on right now.

Well I'm off to finish my shop requests. I would love to hear what everyone thinks.

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#64 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 01-05-2013, 01:31 AM

Aww No comments.

Well I have a few more things to add anyways.

Maggot
Credits: Options
Here is a shop order. It took me forever til I was happy with this one. And of course she didn't want glitter, so that was a major challenge. I really like how this turned out though. You can see the original order with the inspiration pic in my shop. Click Here.

Purple
Credit: TDP and Me
This is the contest image for my Color Your World Purple contest. (I'm to lazy to go see what round it is. I really love this doll. I think it's my first ever doll with dark skin. Neat ^_^

Miss Earth
Credit: Options, Purrrfection (possibly), Google, and Me
So this is for my Miss Universe Pageant Rnd Earth. This round requires a representation of a cultural/historical outfit. And of course I am doing my Fashion History professor proud and making sure things stay accurate. ^^ I really had a lot of fun making this doll. Oh this is Thailand in case you didn't know.

Take a Chance
This is another order for my shop. I ended up doing three dolls because I couldn't decide what color to go with. You can see the original order in my shop. Click Here.

Well hopefully I get some comments this time.

Urgh it's 11:30! I should go home!

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#65 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 01-05-2013, 10:53 AM

How did I miss your last upload?! I will comment tomorrow!

Edit: Okay, time for catch-up!

Lemon/Lime: I love the colors on this! And the accessories are perfect.

Fantasy Dress: I love your use of accessories (it's rarely seen, so I always love seeing them) but I agree that the dress enhancements could have used some creativity.

LittleGem: I like this doll a lot, I can tell a lot of thought went into it. I agree the background wouldn't have been my first choice, but given the nature, pun intended, of this doll I think it suits it in theory at least.

OhLaLa: I like how this one turned out, and I agree, the simple dolls have their own allure. I think it's the scrolly bits on the canvas instead of it blending with a background and being lost behind a frame. It's like a showcase, instead of a framed everyday piece.

Purple: I didn't really like this one so much. Nothing was wrong with technique, but I feel the purple and skin tone blend way too much and there's not a whole lot of contrasting purples, more like one big lavender blob.

Miss Earth: I like the color in her cloak, and that frame is one of my favorites. Please tell me you're going to open your maker soon?!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#66 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 01-09-2013, 10:43 PM

Thanks for the comments.

I love using accessories, and you and Ness fill my need to use them since you have tons of them. ^^ And I should have my maker up before the end of the month. I have been working on it for the past two days and I am finally over the 100 items mark. It doesn't seem like a lot, but I think when it's up people will realize just how much effort has gone into some of the frames.

Well I'm gonna post a few more now, cause I doubt I will have time Friday. (I have tommorrow and Saturday off.)

Desert Elf Magic
Credit: Options, Me, The Mummy (the movie), Google
So this is my entry for the final round of Lovie's elf pageant. I was kinda dreading doing animation, but once I got started I had a lot of fun with it. Not that I am going to be doing a lot of animating in the future, I am waaaay to picky. The background is actually a screencap of The Mummy movie. And the fire is different screencaps from that same scene. I was creative ^^. I really love the glitter on her skirt too. It looks like it's part of the magic, or that could be just me.

Applejack
So this was for Kaya's MLP contest. This one you were supposed to make a doll of Applejack. I went completely different than everyone else. I love just staring at this. It's so bright and refreshing, especially since it's so cold and dreary here. Oh and I just gotta say, I am particularly proud of that frame. ^^

The Girl Who Waits
This is another shop order. This one was pretty specific so I didn't stray too far. It's supposed to be Amy Pond from Doctor Who. Which I've only ever seen 2 episodes of like 3 years ago.

XOXO Shino AV
Credit: Purrrfection and Contestants Club Maker
So this is my current AV over at the Contestants club. I wanted to challenge myself and make a doll that was only 100x100. I think I did pretty good. ^^

Well my current project, if you didn't already notice, is getting my maker up ASAP so I may not make any new dolls for a few weeks. (Miss Universe and Club stuff being the exceptions) I'd still love comments on my last two doll posts too.

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#67 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 01-19-2013, 09:42 PM

I haven't gotten very far on my maker this week. ^_^ I've still been busy though.

Rusty Leaf Bettle
So this is my entry for Rnd 2 of Lovie's Little Gems contest. It was really hard finding a bettle to use cause a lot of them were just freaky looking. On this I had the doll completely done except the head and when I choose this head I didn't like it with the other dress that I choose so, I choose a completely different dress. I like it much better.

Miss Mars
So this is for the 4th round of my Miss Universe Pageant. I had to go with the traditional green for Mars. ^^ I really like the simple elegance of this one. And that happens to be one of the requirements for this round, along with the dark green skin, dark hair, and antenna.

Imagine
So Lovie put up a portrait doll that is supposed to inspire a scene for a contest. Well this was what I was inspired to do. I don't think anyone else would look at that portrait and think 'Oh I'm gonna make an Ice Queen Naga' The only thing I didn't do is make the hair white, but I actually liked it better this way. The one thing that bugs me is for some reason a spot of glitter appeared in the corner of her eye when I saved her. Weird.

Odile
Credit: Options, TDP, and Me
This is for another of Lovie's contests. We're supposed to be inspired by Swan Lake. I did Odile the Black Swan. I really like how this turned out. I should since this took me all day. Of course I have been pretty busy with customers too. And this time the random dot of glitter is on her leg. I don't know why it's doing that all of a sudden. Oh I figured I could post this cause I'm sure Lovie will get this approved on the contests fairly quickly.

Well there's my dollehs for now.

Would love some comments. Anyone? *crikets chirp* O_o

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#68 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-20-2013, 10:31 PM

Beetle: I really like this doll. The dress design is pretty cool and I like the background.

Miss Mars: I can't wait to see some entries for this! I'm gonna see if I can make one tomorrow.

Imagine: This was seriously unexpected for me. You really stepped it up! You're right, no one would of thought of an Ice Queen Naga. Kudos to you!

Odile: Very nice! The frame is AWESOME!! One of yours I'm guessing?

(#69 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 01-30-2013, 10:10 PM

Thanks! The Odile frame is one of mine. And I have totally been neglecting my maker. Bad me!

Well that Imagine Naga doll was kinda like opening a can of worms in to what can be called 'OMG FANTASY 'SPLOSION!' I most of the contest I have entered in the past few days if they aren't already fantasy I have twisted the theme in my mind to make fantasy work. Sooo... Anyhoo, I'll get on to the dollehs!

Scotland
Credit: Purrrfection, TDP, Google, and Me
This isn't part of the fantasy thing cause I made it before the Imagine Naga. Anyways, this is my entry for the first round of Ness' International pageant. As you can see I chose Scotland (or maybe that isn't obvious enough ^_^) Every single piece of that outfut is a different item that I searched for to put together to make an outfit that was casual Scottish. I did have a lot of fun with it however. And the background is in Scotland somewhere, I just can't remember where now... Eh *shrugs*

Namibia Fairy
Credit: Purrrfection, TDP, Me
This is for round 1 of Ness' International Fairy contest. I had a ton of fun looking at traditional African dress to find the country that I wanted to represent. This is another one that had a bunch of pieces to make the whole outfit. I had soooo much fun making this one though! Oh and I made the background. I painted/colored it in Pixlr. Unfortunately I didn't even think about making it for my maker, so I will try and make it again so it can be used and in a variety of colors.

Fluttershy
So this is Fluttershy for keewee's MLP contest. I did a little research for this one. Found out Fluttershy is a weak flyer (hence the small wings) and that she cares for animals (we got animals, there was specifically a rabbit mentioned). This was fun, and really sweet for me. Of course the glitter was being a total PAIN! But it finally turned out how I wanted.

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#70 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 01-30-2013, 10:11 PM

More Dollehs!

Rain Magic
So this is my entry for Eros', I think, contest Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head. In the descriptions shed said we could make someone who has power over rain. Well that's what I did, thankyouverymuch! I made a pretty centaur Rain Priestess summoning a storm. I absolutely LURVE this! I gave her spots! O_o umm yeah I've lost my mind.

Temptation
So this is my entry for Miranda's Eden contest. I kinda went with the idea that Eve gave into temtation and then she was temptation to Adam.... Um yeah... I know really bare bones but that was my idea. I wanted to just have her hair covering her but the body flexes weird so I did the leaf thing. I really like the simplicity of this one.

Miss Jupiter
So this is the contest image for the Miss Jupiter contest. I think this one is my favorite so far. For this round entrants look almost human, except for oddly colored hair and of course either horns or antlers. Also colorful jewels adorning horns and antlers show rank on Jupiter. I kinda came up with this one on the fly, because I accidently deleted my notes that had all of the requirements. I do love this however.

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie

Last edited by MsShino : 01-30-2013 at 10:33 PM.