Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#41 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 10-03-2012, 09:08 PM

No comments yet... Oh well I made some dollehs today and I didn't want to wait.

Pink & White
Credit: Purrrfection & Options
Other: The frame was all me baby!! ^^
So this is for the Pink and White contest. I had fun with this one. The dress is totally edited from one on Ness's maker and the flappy piece (umm yeah O_o) are actually pieces from a dress from Lovie's maker. I normally wouldn't have butchered it like that but she has seperated pieces in her maker so... yeah. Anyhoo this is one of the frames I made yesterday while trying to get over my creativity block. I think I'm obsessed with round frames. *looks at previous post* yep totally obsessed.

Bewitching!
Credit: Options
So this is my entry for the Halloween contest over on the main site. I actually loaded up items in the maker instead of just piecing them together. I still ended up editing them in pixlr cause TDP save options are not my fav. Oh and I didn't use TDP glitter either. I kept exiting out of the maker though, but I was determined to at least use it once. Anyhoo, I am a total sucker for the traditional Halloween trio colors (Purple, Green and Orange).

MsShino Fairy
Credit: Options and Purrrfection
So I actually made this yesterday. This is me for the Halloween banner over at the Contestants Club. I wanted to share cause I am really starting to like me! ^_^ Please note: The head is part of the Contestants club. It is for club member use only, please don't ask for it.

Now, give me lots of comments! Kay luv ya byah!

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#42 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 10-06-2012, 02:29 PM

I'm so glad someone other than me is using that head (the BeWitching head). I made that a long time ago to mimick this doll. I just thought it was so stunning and creative. Works great with magical themes.

I like your banner doll too. I only just noticed the stripped stockings, they would have been more noticable with a little more contrast, it sort of looks like a mistake at first.

The Pink and White doll confuses me. She's so far down I'm too distracted to notice the doll much at all. It's a shame because you had nice things going with it too.

The Witch doll is amazing, one of my favorites (tied with the ghost!). I did a story on that, but I'm waiting to enter to see if sort-of-long-short stories are allowed, lol.

I'm not a fan of the vampire doll though. The moon glow looks great, but with glow comes shadows, so it seems a bit pasted if that makes sense. Also, the fan was distracting in those colors.

Again, the ghost doll was a tied favorite. I really like that you made her transparent and I love all the pearly essense all swirled around her! Only CC is that her skin is really pixelly and that takes away from the awesomeness.

Sorry my comments were out of order. Still a bit out of it, heh.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 10-06-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#43 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 10-06-2012, 10:37 PM

I really like that head. And I totally be using it again. ^^

I wanted the stockings to be more like tights than actual stockings. I probably could have done better if I did some shading, but I would have done tool shading and then it wouldn't have matched with the rest of the banner dolls.

I totally understand what you mean about the Pink & White one being distracting. I think most of it is the frame.

Thanks about my witch. And I can't wait to read your story. ^^

I should have added more shadow to my vamp, but I loved how she turned out. And I totally respect your opinion about the fan, but I still like it ^^.

Thanks about my ghost. I honestly don't see the pixeling of the skin, but my head hurts so I'll have to look closer later.

Anyway, I don't think you are out of line. I appreciate the honesty. It helps me grow. And besides you are nice and are completely without arrogance so your CC is easy to take. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to comment.

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#44 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 10-23-2012, 11:34 PM

Aww no other comments. *is all stern* Where is all of you?

Well anyhoo, I have some contest entries to show off. Ya me!! (yes I know I'm a dork)

Yuki-Onna (Snow Woman)
Credit: Options, Rommie, TDP and Google
This was my entry for Miranda's ghost/scary story contest. It's an Asian legend, and you can find it on Wiki or go look at my post on the contest thread cause I don't feel like posting the whole story again. Anyhoo, I seem to have gotten into the habit of tool-shading my dollmaker doll. Mostly it's cause I hate pixel shading the skin so if I have to do a lot of shading on the skin I have to shade everything else so it all goes together. And I kinda tooks some artistic license with the kimono colors, it's supposed to be completely white, and well I needed a bit more contrast. Oh and if you were wondering, I got 2nd ^_^

Mer-Fairy
I entered this in Lovie's Fairy Mermaid (or Mermaid Fairy) contest over on the main site. I absolutely love how this came out. There isn't a single thing that I don't like on this one. She just came together so well. And I am totally gushing. ^_^ And bonus, I have been wanting to use this mermaid for a while now.

Alien Goddess
So this is my entry for Lovie's Prop contest. I went with an Alien Goddess, as the title says. I like how she turned out. I probably should have done some more shading on her skin to give more contrast, but for one I wanted a milky green and two, too much shading would have been distracting from all of the detail. Anyway the prop that was supposed to be used is the gold fillagree thing that is part of her tail piece.

Miss Naga Pagaent
Credit: Options, Me, Google
No there isn't a Naga Pagaent, that's just what the title of the doll is. And yes I am aware that I am a special kind of crazy and there is no hope for me. This Is my entry for Lovie's background contest. I thought it would be a backdrop on some distant planet for a Naga beauty pagaent. So I made some pretty nagas in fantastical colors, and this is what I came up with. I don't even care what the results are for this contest cause this doll is more of an excuse to do whatever I wanted. ^^ (Well I lied, I always like to do good.)

I was kinda on a fantasy kick today. All but that first doll were made today. I was busy. Well I would love some comments please ^^

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#45 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 10-25-2012, 01:19 AM

Hmm... No replies again. Well I don't feel like waiting to post these so here is some more.

Forest Guardian
Credit: Purrrfection, Options
So this was my entry for round 2 of Tink's Creature contest. I just realized last night that I hadn't put her up yet so I decided to do that now. I was kinda stumped on what to do with this round cause I didn't want to do the standard dragon, unicorn (oh this round was Mythical Creatures ^^) I'm not really sure what this creature would be considered. It sorta makes me think of a mix between the aliens on Pitch Black and a komodo dragon... Of course that could just be me. Anyways. I did a lot with the colors of this but left most of it clean and I really like how it turned out. I'm actually suprised I made it to the final round, there were some amazing entries.

Gothic Princess
So this is my entry for Lovies Gothic Princess Contest. I hope she's gothic enough. *shrugs* If not I still enjoyed making her. I made her first thing this morning and I barely remember making her... I must be tired.

Miss Mercury
Credit: Options, insanity (there's a special place in Crazyville just for me)
I am aware that she is orange, she's supposed to be. I have started a contest series for Miss Universe. This, if you read, is Miss Mercury. This whole contest series was directly inspired by my Alien Goddess(notice the similar outfits) and Naga Pagaent dolls I made yesterday. (see previous post) I plan on doing all 9 planets, yes Pluto is a planet, and possibly others if anyone has good suggestions. Well that is if I don't get sick of them ^_^ So anyways, please enter my contest. Oh and if you are wondering about the size this is the contest image so it needs to be smaller.

Witchy MsShino
Credit: TDP, SecretDollz.com, Me
So this is my entry into Miranda's contest for self portrait dolls using TDP's Halloween maker. I had a lot of fun with this. Unfortunately the layering got messed up when I saved it and I didn't notice it til after I have exited the maker, but it wasn't a big deal. Anyhoo I made the lightning on the background, kinda simplistic but I think it works. This reminds me, I still need to enter the Costume contest here on the forum O_o

Comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#46 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-25-2012, 03:15 AM

I'm in love with your gothic princess. By far my favorite out of all the ones you've posted recently. It's so subtle and elegant, yet it fits. It's beautiful! Did you add any shadows to her, though?

My close second favorite is your Yuki-Onna doll; she is also visually stunning

My least favorite is Miss Mercury, because even though she is orange, it's just so close to the "default" shuni/prep color that it's hard to tell and doesn't seem worthwhile a change. (I did notice the similar outfits lol). I think the shade of orange you chose is too light to show significant difference; perhaps a more vibrant/saturated tone would have made her orange-ness stand out. I do like all the extra baubles you gave her, though. And I like the top of the frame but not the bottom for some reason I can't quite hone in on...I think I like that the black seems sparser up top, more dust-like.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#47 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 10-25-2012, 11:39 AM

I really like the colors on your mer-fairy. The only think I would have done differently is added text or a prop on top, it's looking a little bare.

Your usage in the challenge contests were very unique. A tail for the alien and a backdrop for the naga pageant. I'm glad to see those bases being used. I spent waaaaaay too much time on them for then to be ignored. I also wanted to add that I LOVE that you are using the pieces of Options in ways other than their original purpose. For example the Naga's hair piece on the left. That was originally a fan, right? It looks great as a hair piece too! That's exactly the kind of creativity I was looking for when I dedicated my maker to having seperated items. I wish I had more time to seperate props, but such is life.

I like your forest gardian. I'm not so fond of the spots on her torso though, I found them distracting. Also, there's another blank spot up top that would have been perfect for text or another prop.

I thought your Gothic Princess was very pretty, but I will admit I almost didn't accept her, lol. She's almost to elegant/pretty to fit the typical chains and leather that is goth-wear in my head, but I ended up accepting her on the black dress and tiara. However, another large void blank spot, this time on the right instead of above though.

I love your Miss Mercury, orange skin and all. It being an alien, there's really no critique anyone can give. Extraterrestrial life is not that of our own, so cannot be met with our standards of what's normal or not. Personally, with Mercury being the hottest planet, I find the almost glowing orange/red skin to be perfect. I had no idea this contest was running, I'll have to make time to enter it! Oh and GREAT frame! I love it!

Your Witcy MsShino is awesome. There's not a void space to be seen, the colors and props melt together just lovely. Had you not said anything, I wouldn't have noticed a "layering issue" It looks as though you just placed your hat artistically further back. Doesn't look like a mistake at first glance.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#48 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 10-26-2012, 02:01 PM

Bridie: Thanks for the comments. You are right, I didn't add shadows to my Gothic Princess, which I can't really explain. Complete oversight on my part cause I usually would. *shrugs* No idea what happened there. And thanks about my Yuki-Onna. I kinda liked the visual impact of a ghost story/legend that wasn't the usual dark colors. ^^ On Miss Mercury, I wasn't really going for an extreme skin on her, I wanted something that was kinda orangecreamsicle. (I do understand your opinion and yes a bright more saturated color would pop) And I totally agree with you about the frame. I think it's because the bottom of the background is so dark that the glitter seems a bit much on the bottom. Again thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!

Lovie: Thanks for taking the time to comment. I know I tend to leave blank/open area in the backgournd. That's my traditional artist coming out and smaking me on the back of the head and reminding of composistion. I love the Nagas and I would use them more, unfortunately I am crap at pixel shading larger objects so the ones that are wraped around things are kinda hard for me cause there isn't anything readily there for me to use. Anyways, your seperate pieces is the number one reason I use your maker the most cause I can do things, like on that Naga and make a part of a fan be a headpiece ^^ I see what you mean about the yellow bits on my Forest Guardian doll being distracting, I was kinda on the fence about them but when I added the glitter I decided to keep them. I wouldn't have been surprised if my Gothic Princess didn't make it. I kinda went elegant goth with her. Thanks about Miss Mercury, and I hope to see an entry from you! On my Witchy Me the layering actually wasn't the hat. It was the bottom part of the dress that the black sleeves came from, it was just a short piece and was supposed to everlap the green skirt to add a more layered look. But thanks! And again thanks for commenting! ^_^

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#49 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 11-07-2012, 10:19 PM

I've been away for awhile (razzin frazzin cold) so I only have one new doll that I did today, but I do have a couple that I hadn't posted before.

Creature Rnd 4
Credit: Options and Google
So this was my entry for the final round. I had a really hard time choosing a prehistoric mammal (which was my category). I should have made a wooly mammoth out of one of Lovie's elephants, but modern elephants don't actually have the right structure and I wanted something a bit more fierce than sweet. Anyhoo I think my favorite part is the head piece. I actually made it from different seperate pieces of Lovie's maker. I just love doing that! Oh and I learned that there were different types of mammoths too. Not all of them were actually really wooly. ^^

Hocus Pocus
Credit: uhh... Purrrfection, Options, Contestants Club, Me, TDP I think that's all
So for Halloween I was grouped with Ness and Rachel to do Hocus Pocus for out club contest entries. This is what I came up with. I spent soooo much time on this, and I am sooo proud of myself. ^^ Now you may ask, shouldn't the hair be different? For what I wanted to do, no. I wanted my entry to truly be dressing up with as accurate costumes as possible, and leave us with are same hair colors and styles. Of course Ness was perfect for Sarah. I'm not gonna go indepth about all the editing and such that I did in this one, cause that would be way to long. I will answer questions though.

Steampunk
Credits: Options, Purrrfection, and Me
So this is my entry for Lovie's Steampunk contest over hear on the forum. I actually though this was going to take me longer to get done. Gotta say this is a pretty good welcome back to dolling after being sick if I do say so myself, and I do. ^^ That frame is one of mine that will be available on my maker, which is coming soon. Oh and you may not be able to tell but there are 7 different glitters used on this doll, the most I have ever used. I usually average 4. And I now notice that the bright aqua that is for the transparency must not all be the same color because some of it is still there. Augh I already fixed things like 6 times to get the glitter right! *sigh* Well I guess that means I can fix it for my maker at least.

Well I'm gonna go enter the contest then work on my maker for a bit. As always I would love comments!

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#50 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-11-2012, 11:50 PM

Your dolling has gotten WAY better! I simply love how you use shading a lighting effects. It adds a little extra punch to a doll.

You did good making the outfits on the Hocus Pocus doll. And the frame is SUPER AWESOME! (Cause I made it! XD )