Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-06-2012, 07:34 PM

Lol. I totally understand. Sometimes the little gremlins that run our comouters don't get along with the little gremlins that run the internet. ^^
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 09-11-2012, 02:03 PM

So here is an entry for erivitale's Historical Hotties contest. I immediately jumped on it, and then begged for Coco Chanel. ^_^ So anyhoobies, I wanted to share her cause I am extremely proud of her.

Inspiration Pic: http://www.lovetwenty.com/wp-content...l_57305429.jpg

I didn't put the hat on her like in the pic, but I absolutely loved the hair way too much to do so. Necklace and cigarette made by me. Both top and skirt (which is the bottom of a dress) color changed by me. The Background came from google and so did the frame, and yes i wanted it to be only a partial frame like that. Oh and incase you can't read it the quote says 'A girl should be two things Classy & Fabulous' It's by Coco Chanel, of course ^^. Oh and can't forget I did some editing on the shoes too.

I should stop babbling but I am soooo proud of her! Even if she isn't the fanciest doll I have spent a ton of time on her and I am so proud of me!

Edit: Adding another doll.

This one is for Lovie's Lisa Frank contest. I had to enter. I love(ed) Lisa Frank.

I was going totally crazy with this one. I edited the arm so her hand was on her hip instead of straight down. And the biggie, I pixeled all of the leopard print on her dress. it was a PAIN! but I love how it turned out. I seem to be finally getting into fancy frames too. Oh and that little leopard is Hunter.

Well I would love CC if anyone has any, especially since this is the most editing I have done so far.

Credits: http://www.thedollpalace.com , Secret Dollz :: Dollz :: Dollmakers :: Graphics : and Google <- this is for both dolls so I figured I could put it at the end.

Last edited by MsShino : 09-11-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-11-2012, 03:57 PM

You are improving really quickly !

Some CC: While the frames you chose are nice, I can barely see them. You'll want to pick colors that have higher contrast so they don't completely blend into the background. It also looks a little odd to have the text on the Coco Chanel doll separated by the frame; try spacing it so it's all on the inside rather than broken up.

Kudos: You pixeled that leopard print by hand? W-O-W! I am thoroughly impressed. Keep that kind of thing up, and you'll be a force to be reckoned with! I also like how the Coco Chanel doll has a color splash thing going on; it looks really cool and very classy.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#24 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 09-11-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belladoggy View Post
It also looks a little odd to have the text on the Coco Chanel doll separated by the frame; try spacing it so it's all on the inside rather than broken up.
I don't get what you mean by that.

And I totally see what you mean about the frames not being enough contrast. It was actually intentional for the Coco Chanel doll, but not the Lisa Frank doll.

And yes I did do that leopard print by hand. Thanks for the CC and the Kudos!
(#25 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 09-11-2012, 09:06 PM

Ah, I just meant that you have the frame going in between "A/girl should be...." while the rest of the text is inside of the frame. It's a little off to have that "A" off in a corner by itself is all. It's still a lovely doll

(#26 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 09-11-2012, 11:01 PM

Ah, I see what you mean. I will have to keep that in mind for the future.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 09-12-2012, 06:27 PM

And here I am with more Dollies.... Umm yeah I should really be working O_o

So first I am going to point to my AV. I made the doll a while ago and entered it in a contest for dolls with lots of colors, unfortunately it never got approved. So yesterday I decidced to glitter it and make it my AV. The whole thing is from TDP.

This is for Tink's contest. When I started this doll she wasn't going to be for it, but I got the top recolored and I was like HOLY COW SEA ANEMONE! (it's true I actually said that. I had sooo much fun making this doll. ^^ Let's see edits I did: color on the top and two different skirts (yes there are/were two), arm and hand and some shading on the skin. Oh and I chopped of the legs of another skirt and gave them to her. Pieces from TDP and SecretDollz. Background and frame from Google. *point* Hey look ma I made some transparancy around it! ^^ .... Um yeah... I be crazy

And this is actually another doll that I made a while ago. I have an addiction to rainbows so I kinda had to do this. I just glittered this today though. I decided since I got myself a premi account last night that I would do some color fun for my first contest. So this is the contest image for my first contest. Of course if you have looked at my contest the image got squished, darkened and unglittery. It's probably the size, but I'm to lazy to try and fix it, and actually it doesn't look that bad. Oh the frame is from Purrrfection ^^

Well anyhoo what does everyone think?
(#28 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 09-12-2012, 07:21 PM

You learn quickly! Only comment on Sea Anemone doll...I'd have picked a color that contrasted more with your background so it's easier to see, or adding a layer of black under it to create and outline of the words.

Awesome edits! And I love the rainbow doll

(#29 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 09-12-2012, 07:34 PM

I was trying to glitter the words, which is why they are that color and I got it once and I didn't like it, but after that I couldn't get it, so I just left it.

Thankies though!
(#30 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Talking OMG! I can't believe I did that! - 09-18-2012, 09:14 PM

Okay, first I am going to preface this by saying I have never made such an involved doll before, and I am so absolutely proud of myself. I will take CC, but if I don't get some lovin' on her I may have to cry.

So with that, on with the doll:

Fire Elemental with her Goldfish
This is my entry for Lovie's Impossible Wishes contest. Basically we are supposed to doll a fantasy type person and there impossible to have pet. The background is actually 4 images that I layered together in Pixlr to create her undergroud fire cave home. I swear I looked at about 800 different altar pics. And of course I had to completely start over once when Pixlr closed on me. The doll and props I did in both Paint and Pixlr. I spent a ton of time on this one, and I am extremely happy with how she came out. I think this shows a major growth in my doll skills because I have actually created a whole detailed scene for the first time.

Credits (Hopefully I remeber everything straigt I kinda spent about 8+ hours on this)
Purrrfection: Dress, belt, candles, flame in altar and hands, and stairs
StyleDollz.com: Legs (the jewelry on the foot I made), and head
Google: Alter, Other Background images and frame
And now for the life of me I can't remember where the fishbowl came from O_o Possible from StyleDollz or Elouai??

Last edited by MsShino : 09-19-2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Fixed a couple of the credits ^^