Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Blondie (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: Not Rated
Default Blondie's Dolls - 06-22-2012, 06:42 PM

So I decided since i have all these dolls I've made that I'd make a Thread like everyone else does to share with everyone! Advice and what not welcome!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Blondie (Offline)
Silent

Default 06-22-2012, 06:54 PM

One of the first dolls I edited for the club banner, the theme was Witches for Halloween!

Trying animation! I made this for my mom, she loves the fall and her chihuahua Sophie, i had fun making it and learning how to make her blink.

First doll competing in a club contest! I remember at the time I thought this was super hard and i worked on it for a long time, I found a picture and tried to imitate the dress she was wearing and the background took me forever to find... It makes me smile looking back at some of my first dolls!

Beach Bunny doll, this was the first time i attempted to make my own clothes... or well.. bikini in this case, i really liked how it turned out is just wish i would have thought to make the background blue or transparent.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Blondie (Offline)
Silent

Default 06-22-2012, 07:03 PM

Zombie doll! I thought she was super cute and i like the animation i made spelling out Zombie, this was when i was still using an online editor and i forgot to get rid of the extra white spaces.

Club contest doll, if i remember the theme was superpowers, my partner was Ness and she had an intoxicating scent that would knock out bad guys! I wanted her to look like she seduces the bad guy and then knocked him out with her scent.

I think this doll is super cute, and i really do like the words i added, i think it adds just a little more to the picture. I think this was after i got photoshop but i made the animation a bit too slow.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Blondie (Offline)
Silent

Default 06-22-2012, 07:15 PM

Warrior doll for a Warrior contest, I searched forever to find that background! I like how i put everything together, but i kinda which i would have made it bigger.

I so love this christmas doll, i did some editing to the dress and reworked the boots, i just think its a really cute doll.

Another christmas doll I made, i love christmas time so much that I went a little crazy with christmas dolls lol! I did alot of editing on this one, i changed the hair color and edited the dress a bunch... changed the color, added the white "fluff" and added the belt and also the hand blowing the kiss. I like the doll but now looking at it would have picked a different background and boarder.

[IMG]http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m516/Blondie5342/Dolls/le****nowsong.gif[/IMG]
Another winter doll! I think the theme of this contest was christmas songs and i learned how to make it look like it was snowing from a youtube tutorial so i just had to use it! This was one of the first times i got discouraged by low votes but I enjoy dolling too much to stop! I noticed that i didnt put a boarder on this and I'm not sure why..

Last edited by Blondie : 08-15-2012 at 11:37 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-22-2012, 07:34 PM

You might want to take out the emoticon in the last post, as they count toward the 4-image-per-post limit. You have improved A LOT in a very short span of time; it took me years to do that,

You should probably also add credit to the dollmaker(s) you used, as well as links to the background images if they were from google...credit where credit is due and all that!

My personal favorite of these is your pirate doll. And I know your African Queens one isn't up yet, but I really, really loved that one, too.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Blondie (Offline)
Silent

Default 06-22-2012, 07:56 PM

These next are all from a mother nature pageant and I chose wildlife

I'm a nature girl as it is and i love wild life, I chose this sort of setting since this its the type of wildlife I'm use to where i go camping. I like the green dress i used and even though the boarder is plain, i think if it would have been any fancier it would have been too much. I wish i didnt use the bunny in the picture, i feel like there is one to many animals and it doesnt really fit the pixel look the other animals have.

The second round was night themed... i think so i chose a few animals that are nocturnal, like an owl, fox and raccoon. I worked on this one alot and in the end i forgot a boarder!!! NOOOOO lol but i was still proud of it. I used alot of editing tools i hadn't before. Another element to this round was the dress or whatever clothes the doll was wearing was suppose to be "apart" of the background, thats why i chose this dress and made it brown, to look like a tree stump... im not sure if anyone got it at the time lol

This was the last round and i think it was natural disasters or something like that. What i was trying to get here was that she was trying to protect the wildlife from the wildfire and I'm pretty sure no one got that lol... i also changed but the animals i used to tropical/rainforest animals since i had used woodsy animals in the first two. I dont think people understood the background i used but it was suppose to be kinda like south American ruins type thing... idk it made sense in my mind. I think the doll looks kinda cheesy and i wish i would have spent some more time... idk why i used pink for the boarder...

I lied, this was actually the last round, and we got to choose another natural element to merge together into one frame. I chose to merge wildlife with water and came up with this. Overall i really like how it turned out and i feel like the two elements worked well together. I tried to pick a dress that looked like water for that doll and then something about the dress i chose for wildlife just seemed to fit. I edited a little on both the dresses and the bear (even though the color didn't turn out to be my favorite.

Last edited by Blondie : 08-15-2012 at 11:33 PM.