Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#81 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 10-19-2012, 02:06 PM

So the deadline for this is tomorrow. I'll see if I can get mine done. I have a particular legend in mind, but if I can't find the reference I'll probably just pass on this. I'll let you know.

I am working on my entry right now. ^^

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie

Last edited by MsShino : 10-19-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#82 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-19-2012, 06:25 PM

Do you want an extension? If so, let me know.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#83 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 10-19-2012, 08:19 PM

Nope. I'm finished ^^ I was inspired today!

So I choose an Asian Legend/Ghost. There are various versions of here but Wiki actually had a version that was pretty close to the one I first read a few years back.

Yuki-onna
yuki = snow ; onna = woman

A long time ago, there lived two woodcutters, Minokichi and Mosaku. Minokichi was young and Mosaku was very old.
One winter day, they could not come back home because of a snowstorm. They found a hut in the mountain and decided to sleep there. On this particular evening, Mosaku woke up and found a beautiful lady with white clothes. She breathed on old Mosaku and he was frozen to death.
She then approached Minokichi to breathe on him, but stared at him for a while, and said, "I thought I was going to kill you, the same as that old man, but I will not, because you are young and beautiful. You must not tell anyone about this incident. If you tell anyone about me, I will kill you."
Several years later, Minokichi met a beautiful young lady, named Oyuki and married her. She was a good wife. Minokichi and Oyuki had several children and lived happily for many years. Mysteriously, she did not age.
One night, after the children were asleep, Minokichi said to Oyuki: "Whenever I see you, I am reminded of a mysterious incident that happened to me. When I was young, I met a beautiful young lady like you. I do not know if it was a dream or if she was a Yuki-onna..."
After finishing his story, Oyuki suddenly stood up, and said "That woman you met was me! I told you that I would kill you if you ever told anyone about that incident. However, I can't kill you because of our children. Take care of our children... " Then she melted and disappeared. No one saw her again.

Not extremely scray, but I really wanted to do this. ^^ Oh and I know her kimono is supposed to be totally white, I took artistic license.

Credits: Options, Purrrfection, Google, TDP, Rommie.

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#84 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-21-2012, 05:49 PM

OK, here are the awards.

1st.

2nd.

3rd.

(#85 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 10-21-2012, 08:12 PM

Hey neat! Let's see, I want to pick something awesome....oh I know:

Here's some reference pics, you don't have to doll these, they're just being posted so that you know what I'm looking for.
One, Two, Three, & Four.

I'm looking for vintage with a mechanical touch.
It can be girly, tomboy, or sexxy.

Deadline: November 5th

Can't wait to see your entries!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 10-22-2012 at 09:59 AM.
(#86 (permalink))
Old
blue_tornado (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Post 10-22-2012, 04:25 AM

Youve stole my heart! <3 i love steam punk!! Ahhh so i may only use doll makers for this one? i'm more of a use a doll maker then use animation shop/psp xphoto editor on my dolls as i never find what i want in makers. :S Hailz,

Also do i have to have a background? o_O or could i just have props for the doll?

Playing is more important. You can work any time.
- Zaraki Kenpachi

Last edited by Miranda_ : 10-22-2012 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Don't double post; edit your previous one
(#87 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 10-22-2012, 07:46 AM

The term Dollmaker is loosely translated to any Dollmaker, but then also Shuni dolls you draw yourself. So if you like drawing your own thing find a Shuni base and head and then edit it to your hearts content.

Animation is fine as long as its not extensive. Just note that it typically doesn't affect score. Usually what wins a contest is how well the theme is displayed, creativity, and effort.

Edit: also backgrounds, text, props, and frames are always optional, but certainly encouraged.

(#88 (permalink))
Old
blue_tornado (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Post 10-22-2012, 10:00 AM

Here is my entry.

Playing is more important. You can work any time.
- Zaraki Kenpachi
(#89 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 10-22-2012, 02:10 PM

Very neat, I like the colors you chose and the robotic arm.

(#90 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 10-23-2012, 12:23 AM

Congrats Lovie! This new contest is great. Totally gotta enter this one..

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie