Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#71 (permalink))
Old
erivitale (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-26-2012, 04:01 PM

Can't wait to hear the winners and see the next contest I had big goals for this one but unfortunately it just didn't pan out as I was creating this doll :/ I can't wait to redeem myself with the next round!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#72 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Default 09-27-2012, 07:01 PM

Okay. I finally got my phone connected to the 2G in my little poe dunk town, so I can update the contest status.

I have received a request for a day extension and I am gonna go ahead and grant it. Sowinners will be announced tomorrow. If anyone else has a last minute entry I will take it but tomorrow will be the last day.

*sigh* it's already a hard choice, I can't imagine what another entry is going to do.

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#73 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-28-2012, 05:22 PM

Phew, done! Ended up not doing Celtic simply because I couldn't find good physical descriptions of the goddess I wanted to doll. So, Polynesian myth instead! I dolled the volcano goddess Pele, notorious for having a temper and causing violent eruptions:

Dollmakers used: The_Contestants prop drop, . Options ., styledollz.info, and this stock for the volcano itself.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#74 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Default 09-28-2012, 07:22 PM

Okay. The contest is now closed!

I will be posting the winners... um soon. Bridie you really did not make this any easier. O_o

Finally my stinking phone connected to the 2G!

So here are the winners

1st Miranda Love all the detail that you included in both the doll and the myth.

2nd Lovie Your doll is beautiful, though I would have liked more on the myth.

3rd Tie between Erica and Bridie. The reasons are pretty much exactly the opposite. Erica, I loved the myth detail, but I would have liked to possiblly see the animal form possibly in the background. Bridie your doll is great and I love the ingenuity of using flames to create the lava, however I wish you had included more about the myth.

Well I hope eveyone is okay with the results. I am going to make some place awards and I'll PM them to you guys too.

Well can't wait to see what the next contest will be. ^^

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie

Last edited by MsShino : 10-02-2012 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Added awards
(#75 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-29-2012, 02:31 AM

Well deserved, Miranda! I would have picked hers too, Alsie, since I think it tells the most story in the doll itself. Congrats to Lovie and Erica as well! I know you have lots of theme ideas, Miranda; looking forward to see which one you pull out next!

Av/Sig set: Lovie

Last edited by belladoggy : 09-29-2012 at 08:33 AM.
(#76 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-29-2012, 07:57 AM

Wow, I never expected to win this contest! Anyway, I figured that this would be an appropriate theme for this time of year... Spooky Halloween Stories!

Everyone's heard these a million times at Halloween; stories like Bloody Mary, Black Aggie and the Headless Horseman. For this contest, I'd like you to create a doll showing one of these tales. Anything goes; you can use any story you like, and more than one doll if you have to. You can use the stories I already listed, or any you yourself can think up. Links below give more if you're having trouble coming up with one.

Halloween Ghost Stories and Scary Tales

Spooky Campfire Stories (and Scary Tales too!) from American Folklore

Glitter is most certainly allowed, and the end date is October 20th. If you need an extension, post in the thread or PM me.

(#77 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 09-29-2012, 10:40 AM

Oh I am totally doing La Llarona. Question! I know there's a dolls and stories contest coming up, can we use our doll in both competitions if they adhere to the rules?

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#78 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-29-2012, 10:53 AM

The dolls & stories contest will have set dolls to do stories on. That's why I decided to do this contest so that people can have a chance to make their own doll to fit a story. ^^

(#79 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 09-29-2012, 02:47 PM

Good Idea!

*Edit*

Yeah, I was THIS excited that I made an entry within a few hours of the contest being posted, lol. I'm going to be kicking myself in 3 weeks waiting.

I used Ness's maker PURRRFECTION for the outfit, but everything else was Google or myself.

La Llorona is rougly translated The Weeping Woman. The story goes that she had several naughty children who drove her insane. She then drowned them in a river and mourned their death for all eternity. As she was insane from naughty children she began haunting naughty children everywhere, and the only thing you have to do to keep her away is to be good.

When children are bad the parents threaten with La Llorona and some go to the extent of having someone moan in the darkness of night when children are naughty. My family took this story even further, but you can read more on that here.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 09-29-2012 at 02:53 PM.
(#80 (permalink))
Old
TMR2012 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Default My Entry - 09-30-2012, 11:04 PM

I used Purrrfection for the doll and Options for the blood puddle and frame. I also used Yahoo Images for the background.

My inspiration came from the movie "Stay Alive". It's aabout a woman named Countess Elizabth Bathory de Ecsed a.k.a. The Blood Countess. She was a countess from the renowned Bathory family of Hungarian nobility.
After her husband's death, she and four collaborators were accused of torturing and killing hundreds of girls, with one witness attributing to them over 650 victims, though the number for which they were convicted was 80.
Elizabeth herself was neither tried nor convicted. In 1610, she was imprisoned in the Csejte Castle, now in Slovakia and known as Čachtice, where she remained bricked in a set of rooms until her death four years later.
Later writings about the case have led to legendary accounts of the Countess bathing in the blood of virgins to retain her youth, and now has the modern nicknames of the Blood Countess and Countess Dracula.

Made.With.Ness's.Dollmaker