Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#61 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-13-2012, 06:20 PM

Okay.

So here is me officially extending the contest deadline to September 26th.

Oh and if you need a refresher on what the contest is about then here is the info again.

Quote:
This contest we will do Mythology Around the World!

Create a doll(s) that represent a myth from somewhere around the world.
  • Please 1 entry per person (your entry can have more than 1 doll but they must go together. If you aren't sure PM me)
  • Any Dollmaker is fine
  • Glitter and Backgrounds are fine.
  • Since they are so popular I am asking that there are no Greek/Roman Myth dolls entered.
  • When entering please include who your doll is, where they are from and a little bit about them.
  • The Deadline will be September 19th
  • Also include the credit that you need to.
If anyone has any questions please PM me. And I can't wait to see the entries! Good luck!
And remember the new deadline is September 26th! And I want to see some more entires ladies
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#62 (permalink))
Old
erivitale (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Default 09-18-2012, 02:41 PM

I chose Encantado: Although they don’t look so scary when appearing in their human form many South Americans are so terrified by this Brazilian mythical creature villagers will dare not go near the Amazon River at night because that is where the creature roams in its human form – its most dangerous state. By day the Encantado lives as either a freshwater dolphin or sea snake. When they transform into humans though they behold superior musical abilities, seductiveness, and attraction to parties. Their victims can be driven to insanity, illness or even death. (Source: 10 Scariest Mythological Creatures)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#63 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 09-18-2012, 02:50 PM

Oo neat. I remeber hearing about this legend a couple years ago. Thanks for the entry. ^_^
(#64 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 09-20-2012, 06:01 PM

I am going to try and enter a doll by the deadline

(#65 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 09-21-2012, 01:06 PM

So I have two entries, and three possibles.

Lovie, Bridie, Ness; Do any of you need 1-2 extra days? If you can for sure get your entries in no later than Friday evening (the 28th) Then I can wait to announce winners til the 29th. But if you don't think you will make it I will go ahead and stick with the 26th deadline. Of course if you can get your entries in by the 26th that would be even better.

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#66 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 09-21-2012, 02:33 PM

I will get my doll in before the deadline. I would have had it in today, but Gracie has come down with a fever so I've been calling dr.'s offices all day. But I'm too excited about this contest to see it pass me up so definately expect my entry in!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#67 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-21-2012, 03:57 PM

I think I can get it in by the deadline; as soon as I pick exactly which Celtic myth i'm doing, I'll be able to power through

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#68 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 09-22-2012, 05:14 PM

Okay, so here's a Native American myth about their Mother Goddess and how she was created (Fell out of a hole in the sky). The story's name is called Sky Woman, hence the text.

I used my personal maker .¤° Options °¤. The frame was made by eros, and the feathers came from a Google search. The hole in the sky and swirls came from TekTek.

This particular legend comes from the Iroquois tribe.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 09-22-2012 at 05:19 PM.
(#69 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 09-25-2012, 03:55 PM

Tomorrow is the last day to enter!

I will announce winners the morning of the 27th. Well whenever I actually get up cause it's my day off and I plan on catching up on some sleep! So you actually have a little extra time.

Good luck everyone!

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#70 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-25-2012, 11:22 PM

Gah! TOTALLY slipped my mind. Will have to get cracking on this one xD

Av/Sig set: Lovie