Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#51 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-04-2012, 02:26 PM

OMG! I totally wasn't expecting this! Wow!

This contest we will do Mythology Around the World!

Create a doll(s) that represent a myth from somewhere around the world.
  • Please 1 entry per person (your entry can have more than 1 doll but they must go together. If you aren't sure PM me)
  • Any Dollmaker is fine
  • Glitter and Backgrounds are fine.
  • Since they are so popular I am asking that there are no Greek/Roman Myth dolls entered.
  • When entering please include who your doll is, where they are from and a little bit about them.
  • The Deadline will be September 19th
  • Also include the credit that you need to.
If anyone has any questions please PM me. And I can't wait to see the entries! Good luck!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#52 (permalink))
Old
princesssabrina1980 (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Default I'm New at This:) - 09-04-2012, 02:44 PM

Could you tell me how to enter the contests? TYVM Sweetie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#53 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-04-2012, 03:48 PM

Read the first post of the thread; that will tell you all you need to know. Also, make sure you read carefully MsShino's rules about her contest; if you break any of the rules, your entry will be disqualified.

(#54 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 09-04-2012, 06:02 PM

Here's my entry; a bit early, yes, but I loved the theme so much I just had to make a doll straight away!

The Mother Of Monsters.

This doll represents the myth of Angrboda, the mother of monsters, from Norse mythology. Odin forbade Loki to have anything to do with the frost giantess Angrboda, but he defied Odin and took the giantess as his mistress. Angrboda gave birth to three monstrous children. The firstborn was Hel, who was a normal girl from the waist up, but below her waist she was hideous and rotting like a corpse. The secondborn was a gigantic grey wolf, named Fenrir. The final child born of the union was Jormungand, a huge serpent.

The Norns warned Odin that the brood of Angrboda and Loki were dangerous, and would be the result of great evil if they were to wander free. Hel was banished to the underworld, Jormungand was thrown into the ocean. Only the great wolf, Fenrir, was left free for the moment. Hel soon became feared as the Queen of the dead and Jormungand made the ocean a terrifying place as he soon became so big he could circle the world and take his tail in his mouth. Fenrir eventually was bound with an enchanted ribbon as he too grew to an immense size and strength.

Credit goes to: Ness for her maker Purrrfection, tektek for the wolf, Tinks for the frame and Google for the background.

(#55 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 09-13-2012, 03:44 PM

So far only Miranda has entered. Is anyone else gonna enter? *hears crickets chirp* O_o Anyone? Maybe? Im just asking cause nobody else has shown any intrest.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 09-13-2012, 04:32 PM

I love this contest theme, I haven't made a response yet because I'm not yet certain I'll have time to enter. If I get a spare minute I will definately enter, but I'm not positive I'll be able to.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#57 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 09-13-2012, 04:45 PM

Well I'd love to see an entry from you, so I can extend the deadline if you don't think you can make it. Well I'd probably check with Miranda since she was so prompt with her entry and make sure she doesn't mind waiting a few extra days.
(#58 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-13-2012, 05:28 PM

I don't think she would just cause it would be nice to have some competition...I'll be honest, this completely sliped my mind, but if you are extending it, I'd be more likely to enter

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#59 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 09-13-2012, 05:39 PM

I can definately extend it if more people are interested. The original deadline is the 19th so would another week be enough time?
(#60 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 09-13-2012, 07:12 PM

Just to let you know, I'd be fine with extending the competition if it means a few more people will enter.