Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#81 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-20-2012, 04:45 PM

I haven't had much time to doll lately due to school, cheer, and the holidays. But I'm hoping over break I can get some serious dolling done! That includes hand-drawing too!
Here are the first of the dolls! These are my Elf Pageant entries. I chose Swamp as my territory and boy am I having fun with it! It's also giving me a challenge which makes me go into super dolling mode. XD

Okay I know what your thinking. I've never seen a deer in a swamp! Well I googled swamp animals and apparently deer do live in swamps. Who would have know?

Animals, Costume, and Props (c) Tek tek, and Options
Dress (c) PURRRRFECTION
Frames (c) Muah

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#82 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Shuni

Default 12-20-2012, 04:59 PM

These are mostly just some random dolls I've done for contests and such. The first one is for Lovie's contest SCREAM!! I got the idea to make a doll that looked....loud! And nothing screams loud to me like rainbows and guitars.
Background (c) Elouia, Frame (c) Muah

This one is for Miranda's Make This Doll contest. I had to make the doll look like the contest image as much as I could. I'm super happy with how it turned out!
Hair and Dress (c) Options

Here's a Christmas avi. I always try to keep up with the holidays/club theme and deck out my Friendship pro.
Background (c) Elouia

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#83 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 12-21-2012, 02:12 PM

I love the dress you chose for your first elf entry. It just fits swap so perfectly. On the belt there is a part of the glitter that flasheses a bright pink color and it kinda draws my eye to it.

I like the concept of your warrior elf, but I think that the contrast between the darkness of the background and the brightness of the elf and the animals is too much. Of course that's my opinion. I do however think that your elf looks amazing. The face edit you did is great.

I think your scream entry is my favorite. I want those pants!

Your Doll This entry is just wow. I went a totally different direction and just used the picture as inspiration. Her legs are sooooo looooong! ^^

I like your Christmas AV. I like that you used the sweater that you used for the Club.

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#84 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Shuni

Default 12-30-2012, 11:25 PM

Sorry it's taken long to reply. Laptop battery... :P
I really appreciate your comments! I did notice on my parents PC how the background on the warrior elf was actually very dark. It looks normal on my laptop. Colors and contrast really make a difference on what device your using.

(#85 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Shuni

Default 01-12-2013, 09:24 PM

Round 3 of the Elf Pageant! I'm so happy that I got first! It's the first time I've actually won something this big. And thanks to Lovie I get awesome prizes.

This doll....took forever. Between school, church, and cheer I didn't have a lot of time to work on this. But I had it all thought out in my head how I was going to make it. My magic I chose was invisibility. Majority of the animals in the swamp are very good at camouflaging themselves. I originally wanted to use an alligator, but I couldn't find any good props. But I found the cute lizard in Ness's Maker. I drew the cape in the back and the golden cat-tail in her hand. That's kinda how the magic works. Can you believe this only took 12 frames?

(#86 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Default 01-15-2013, 01:14 PM

I love that you chose invisibility. It's perfect for the swamp. And the dress is really pretty.

The only thing that really sticks out to me is the jar of territory. I think if you had put it in a jar/bottle that was a strange shape it would have fit in better. But that's just my opinion.

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#87 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 01-15-2013, 01:21 PM

Ditto to everything Shino said, except for the jar. I actually really love the shape, because it looks like a mason jar, which is a HUGE southern thing, which is where a lot of swamps are! I thought everything about this doll was absolutely awesome, and I'm so glad you did so well in the pageant results.

My only critique is that the animation vs. text is off by 2-3 frames, but that's not a real issue, just me finding something to be picky about. Your score from me was 4.9 and then of course the bonus point. I'm glad you won, because I had no idea she was wearing a cape or using the cattail as a wand, I didn't give you those as bonus points, which you certainly qualified for! It's not your fault, I keep my laptop tilted at an odd angle and it makes things hard to see sometimes, but it's easier on my eyes. I can see those things perfectly when I adjust the screen, lol.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#88 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Shuni

Default 02-18-2013, 11:24 AM

Well that's nice to know! I was really surprised on how well I did in the pageant. I never expected to win!
Yesterday I was looking back at some of my older dolls. It was hard to believe that about 2 years ago, I was only using basic prep makers, no frames, or glitter. I knew I had the creativity, but not the right tools. I really have to thank all you girls in the Contestant's Club. *sniff* Who knows where I would have been if Lovie hadn't asked me join the club in the first place. All you ladies have a special place in my heart! You girls give me something to look forward to in the contest section whether it'd be some friendly competition or just showing off some AMAZING dolls!

(#89 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Shuni

Default More! - 02-18-2013, 11:37 AM

I tried to resubmit this to my club contest. Miranda_ and I are lovely centaurs. I know that some centaurs are warriors, but I decided to take it back a step and make us flowery and graceful!
The one in the contest isn't as glittery. I didn't realize that until the dolls were shown. :/ And now I don't feel like I should resubmit it, due to the fact that most of the dolls have near to 10 votes on each one and having a new one with a fresh start just doesn't feel right.
Background-Elouia, Frame-PURRRRFECTION, Heads-Me and Miranda

Made this for Lovie's Portrait Contest!
Dress and Head-Options, Background-Personal Maker, Frame-Me

This one took a quite bit of editing, but only minor. This was for MsShino's color themed contest. Most of the colors I used are on the doll and the chair.
Background-Renderosity, Frame-Me, Chair-Options

(#90 (permalink))
Old
celeste306 (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Default 02-18-2013, 08:58 PM

these are nice!