Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#51 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Cool 06-22-2012, 09:40 PM

I haven't updated this in a while so you will probably see more of my recent dolls! My first was for the dollmaker contest in the forums. The theme was to doll a certain genre of music. I decided to do the Blues! Basically I tried to make it dark and depressing, but what's better than having a little pop of blue for the Blues!
Props (c) Contestant's Club
Other Items (c) My own personal maker

My second doll is for a couple contest and I decided to get fancy and do a cute mermaid couple. I've always wanted to use the female head, and now I have!
Frame (c) Pyro's Frames

The last doll was for Miranda's Harry Potter contest. I wanted to just make something simple so I stayed with a single doll, but a hand-made border that I made all by myself.
Background (c) Contestant's Club

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#52 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default Elemental Centaurs - 06-22-2012, 09:54 PM

I believe Miranda did a contest called Elemental Centaurs with different rounds. I don't remember which order they were in, but here is the Earth Centaur. She is plain, but I love her hair!
Items (c) Personal Maker

Here is the Fire Centaur! Looking at it now, I probably could have made the horse body a darker shaded...oh well!
Background/Frame (c) The Contestant's Club
Other Items (c) My Personal Maker

I think the Water Centaur was my favorite. I had the head in my Personal Maker and I had no clue what to use it for.
Waterfall (c) Ness's Maker PURRRFECTION
Other Items (c) My Personal Doll Maker

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#53 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default Member Togetherness! - 06-25-2012, 05:14 PM

I forgot what the theme was, but the doll was for The Contestant's Club contest. I dolled myself with Miranda and Delaney. We are representing scion. Apparently it had something to do with blue, silver, balance, and the moon.
Background and Frame (c) The Contestant's Club
Balances (c) TDP's Goddess Maker
Rest (c) My own personal maker.

This was for a more recent club contest. We needed to doll ourselves according to a certain country. Me and Tristan got Africa and I did Egypt!
Background (c) Renderosity
Frame (c) Pyro's Frames
Rest (c) My own personal maker

(#54 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default More dolls! - 07-13-2012, 12:49 PM

This was for a Sleep contest. But this girl just doesn't want to go to bed!
Frame (c) Me
Rest (c) Styledollz

In case you haven't noticed I have been making frames! 3 to be exact, but I plain on making more. I love the little monkey and I drew the hat on him.
Background and pose (c) Styledollz
Frame (c) Me

Song Contest! As soon as I heard about this, I went straight to my ipod. I wrote down some songs I though I could doll and I chose Bullet The Blue Sky by P.O.D.
Grass (c) LancasterPrincess
Frame (c) Pryro's Frames
Rest (c) My own personal maker

(#55 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 07-13-2012, 04:01 PM

Just wanted to say I love the frames you made! They're different than the rest I've seen, and I love variety! Also, that cloud background is Awesome!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#56 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 07-24-2012, 01:26 PM

Thanks Lovie! I'm so excited that I finally figured out how to glitter in GIMP! I looked up a tutorial and I had it figured out in a matter of minutes!
Here is my Elven Beauty doll! I love this. The colors tie in beautiful and the doll itself looks amazing!
Credit: Pryo's Frames, Rederosity for background, and my own personal maker.

She looks so pretty just sitting there! I guess she was just taking a rest after taking her Midnight Stroll.
Credit: Pryo's Frames, Rederosity for background, and my owner personal maker.

And here's is my Club Avi. I'm not much of a MLP fan (sorry) but it's the club theme. I wanted Rainbow Dash at first, but rainbow hair is hard to make! So I went with Pinkie Pie instead, and I think she looks so cute!
Credit: Background-Ness, Dress-Rommie, and my own head.

(#57 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 07-31-2012, 01:32 PM

Oooh I just love this one! The pose and hair are just so cute! This is for the Yellow Polka-Dot Bikini contest.
Pose (c) The_Contestant's_Club
Background (c) Styledollz

I meant this to be in Lovie's contest of Vintage Glamour, but sadly I didn't get it done in time. Then I thought I could submit it to the forums contest. Since I based my doll off of "Gone With the Wind" I researched it and turned out it was in the 1800s.
Frame (c) Tink

What can I say? I fair maiden waiting for her Knight in shining armor!
Background (c) Rederosity

(#58 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-31-2012, 05:12 PM

Girl, you have come SO FAR as a doller. I absolutely adore the bikini doll; love the frame you made and the creativity involved with using the underwater head upside down. Ku-dos!

Sorry I've been so behind on my tutorials; it takes a while to screen shot everything and put it all together nicely, lol. Glad you figured out the magic of the HSV noise option, though.

One thing you might try, and since you are using GIMP I know you can do this, it playing with shadows and reflections. What I do is copy the layer I'm working with, rotate it so it's in the correct position, and make it one block of color or use the opacity tool (located above your layers in that dialogue) to make things more or less translucent. It really helps brings the dolls together and make them look like a complete scene rather than pasted things. I think it could really have added some extra oomph to you midnight stroll doll, which is very nice as it is, btw

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#59 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 07-31-2012, 06:42 PM

Well thank you Bridie! That's so nice to say! I would love to try and figure out shadows. I've noticed you do it and it looks a WHOLE lot better thank just copying and pasting! I'll have to figure it out!

(#60 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 08-02-2012, 04:27 PM

This doll...is beyond words! I really love how it turned out for Lovie's Otherworldly contest.
Background (c) Styledollz

This is for the Group contest in the forums. Just a simple doll, it didn't take very long to make. The children heads where just horrible! No shading whatsoever. So I shaded it and add realistic color to the eyes. (They still remind me of alien eyes though! XD )
Mother Body (c) Styledollz