Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#101 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-25-2013, 01:30 PM

I'll be honest, I didn't really understand the alien one.

But I LOVE love LOVE what you did with your wizard doll. Ingenious! Especially since in the books, the yellow brick road was meant to represent gold, and Dorothy actually had silver slippers instead of ruby (they only did that because Technicolor) and you better believe there's a whole lotta symbolism there.

My only crit is the angle her head is at, and that might be more of a personal preference. It just seems odd, although it's easier to see her nose here for some reason. Maybe because i can look at it closely? Anyway. And noticing that they are slaves (brilliant!), it might have read more if you dirtied them up a bit since they've been toiling. I'd also imagine if you're going with an Oz theme she'd wear green, but that's just a joking comment; the outfit you picked works well.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#102 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-20-2013, 09:22 PM

Thanks for the feedback Bridie! I guess the Alien one could be confusing too if you haven't seen the movie.

First of the Giant Beauties! I'm not too comfortable with dolls showing off certain body parts. I did my best to cover her up with some flowers, and I'm so happy that the flowers just happened to match the ones in the background.
Credit: Renderosity-Background, Aussiemum777's personal maker-Head, Me-Frame

My Water Giant likes to hang around after midnight looking at the reflection of the moon on the sea.
Credit: Renderosity-BG, Aussiemum777's personal maker-Head, Me-Frame

Franken Cutie! I couldn't deny using the BG considering Dad's in the back. XD And Ness did an amazing job making the dress for me!
Credit: Elouia-BG, Aussiemum777-Dress(Prize), LancasterPrincess's personal maker-Head, Me-Frame

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#103 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 08-20-2013, 09:35 PM

This doll probably took about 20 minutes. Some shadow effects probably could have done it some justice, but it was a last minute entry. Although I'm glad I got to reuse it for Miranda's Pirate contest.
Credit: Renderosity-BG, Me-Frame

First entry for Lovie's Tribal Princesses Pageant. My Purist Princess is all about being...pure. So everything is white. I would explain, but I'll just add what the requirements were.
Quote:
In a Purist tribe everything is white. Everything except their eye color which are vivid blue. They have tattoos on their forehead which are symbols representing status.
They also had to live in somewhere that's...you guessed it: White! So I figured why not in the clouds? And if you look close, her tattoo on her forehead is a cross. If you really think about it a cross is a torture device, but that's not what I'm going for!!! Promise! Instead I based it off of who carried the cross. Since Jesus is the King of kings and Lord of lords, I figured the cross would signify high royalty and in the case, purity. By no means am I comparing this purity doll to Jesus. (For anyone who may somehow find this offensive.) It's just an idea that I went off of, that's all.

Okay I'm going to be honest, I'm not too crazy about this doll. I mean, yeah she's pretty, but it's just so white and bland. I like color.

Which is why I chose to do Rouge as well, and boy am I glad I did!
Quote:
In a Rogues tribe the women wear crimson scarlet draped around them. They're of elvish decent, so intricate jewels and ornaments are a must.
And they live in snowy, cold, places. (Reminds me of Santa's elves a little.)
I was finally able to use Lovie's beautiful dress and head she made for me as a prize a while back. I recolored the dress and added a cape which required some editing. Also I found this AMAZING google chome extension called GIF Scrubber. It allows to break down animations into each frame. HOW COOL IS THAT!? It saves me an uber amount of time and hassle! With some carefully planned out framing of glitter pieces I was able to make this doll in 20 frames.
Credit: LancasterPrincess-Dress and Head, TDP-Cape and Jewelry, Renderosity-BG, Me-Frame

Last edited by eros : 08-20-2013 at 09:40 PM.
(#104 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 08-20-2013, 10:33 PM

Earth Giant: I will be honest, this was my favorite entry in that contest. She looks so beautiful and elegant. I'm almost positive you haven't watched Winx Club since it's about fairies and whatnot, but she reminds me of the character Flora, who is the Fairy of Nature. I like that she has a more earth-y skintone, and the background and flowers meld really well. I also like that you had the ingenuity to use a shuni head over the base; it works extremely well. I didn't even think to do that.

Water Giant: I wasn't as much a fan of this one as I was of your earth one, but I think that just comes down to personal taste. It's just so dark, but that's the concept you were going for, so there isn't really too much to say. Though, as you mentioned to me (which I think was right on the money), changing her outline from the light purple to something with a higher contrast could have helped her fit in more.

Franken Cutie: I don't even REMEMBER this contest, but I love the head you chose and the edits you did. The background also fits the "cute" aspect of the doll. I probably would have a chosen a more "fun, funky" text, but you might not have had them. dafont.com is a great place to find interesting, free, downloadable fonts you can add in to GIMP. Also, the color of the text makes it blend a bit into the darkness of the background. The shadowed part doesn't always have to be black; here, I would have used white or a similar light color for the backlighting. And as Lovie has done, you can duplicate the font a couple of times so it sort of makes an "outline" that helps make it easier to read. Regardless, it's still a very cute, well executed doll.

Pirate: I am a HUGE fan of this one. I love the outfit you gave her, the frame you chose, the way she has a fir, and a map, and a sword, and is just so...pirate-y. I agree that shadows could have given it a slight extra edge, but it still looks awesome. I might not have used so pointy a flame, but it still works, and I like the lighting on the ground. You also glittered this thing masterfully, so kudos for that!

Purity Princess: This doll is excellent! I love how you used light blues and lilacs to make the white's brighter, and the grayscale works very well. How creative to have her home in the clouds! I'm quite fond of the doves you used as well. I admit, though, that I didn't even know she had a tattoo until you pointed it out. (side note, looks like you forgot credit on that one?)

Rogue Princess: First off, I'm going to need you to tell me more about this GIF scrubber extension; it will make my life a million times easier xD I really like how well the crimson stands out against the white forest and snowy background, with the only downside being that all of that white is very reminiscent of the purity doll. It's still stunning, though, and the gently falling snow is a really nice touch. I appreciate the fact that some of the grass goes above and in front of the hem of her dress; it really helps place her in the scene rather than leave her as a pasted on segment. Only CC is that the text is a bit hard to read; maybe a different font or a larger size could have helped? It still looks awesome, though, and the frame fits wonderfully. Kudos!

(#105 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 01-07-2014, 05:47 PM

Thanks for the detailed feedback Bridie! The GIF scrubber is an extension you can download on google chrome. It can take any animated GIF and break it into frames.

Here's just two of the dolls I made today. It's been a long time since I dolled any.
Also I just realized I used the same exact pose and dress in my Forest Elf...I seriously did not plan that.

Credits: Aussiemum777-Pink dress and hair, LancasterPrincess-White Dress

(#106 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 06-20-2014, 09:41 PM

Hey, look at you doing the whole reflecting thing! Lovin' the attention to detail there. You've grown into a truly amazing doller, you know that?

(#107 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 07-25-2014, 05:59 PM

Thank you, Bridie! I probably wouldn't have gotten this far without the club and all the advice you girls give me!
So long time no dolling! Junior year was really stressful, but it's done for now and I'm hoping I can get back into dolling.
I can't even remember what the club contest theme was. But anyway, Ness and I are chillin' with our homedogs...yo!
Credits: Styledollz-Bodies, LancasterPrincess-Wolves, Renderosity-Background, Aussiemum777-Ness's Head, Me-Frame and my Head

This is my first doll after being gone for so long. At least I haven't lost my touch!
Credits: LancasterPrincess-Dress and Curly Hair, Aussiemum777-Straight Hair, Styledollz-Background and mirror, Me-Frame

This one was from a while back too. I had to use the strange dragon orb prop. I really liked how this one turned out.
Credits: LancasterPrincess-Dress and Props

(#108 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 07-25-2014, 06:04 PM

I really hope someone get's this doll. It's my favorite "ship" from the show Once Upon a Time! I flipped out when Emma finally kissed Hook in the season finale. In fact I pretty much fangirl every time Captain Hook came on screen! XD
Credits: Elouia-Background

Since I liked the backstory to my Mary Sue, I decided to just remake the doll and touch the story up a little.
Credits: Aussiemum777-Head, LancasterPrincess-Tail, Elouia- Background, Me-Frame

Last edited by eros : 07-25-2014 at 06:13 PM.