Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#91 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 03-03-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eros View Post
I haven't had much time to doll lately due to school, cheer, and the holidays. But I'm hoping over break I can get some serious dolling done! That includes hand-drawing too!
Here are the first of the dolls! These are my Elf Pageant entries. I chose Swamp as my territory and boy am I having fun with it! It's also giving me a challenge which makes me go into super dolling mode. XD

Okay I know what your thinking. I've never seen a deer in a swamp! Well I googled swamp animals and apparently deer do live in swamps. Who would have know?

Animals, Costume, and Props (c) Tek tek, and Options
Dress (c) PURRRRFECTION
Frames (c) Muah
I actually like the contrast of the animals on the swamp background in your battle elf doll, swamps are dark foreboding places after all, amazing job on the battle gear and your swamp doll is amazing, the dress is perfect

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#92 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 03-03-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eros View Post

I tried to resubmit this to my club contest. Miranda_ and I are lovely centaurs. I know that some centaurs are warriors, but I decided to take it back a step and make us flowery and graceful!
The one in the contest isn't as glittery. I didn't realize that until the dolls were shown. :/ And now I don't feel like I should resubmit it, due to the fact that most of the dolls have near to 10 votes on each one and having a new one with a fresh start just doesn't feel right.
Background-Elouia, Frame-PURRRRFECTION, Heads-Me and Miranda

Made this for Lovie's Portrait Contest!
Dress and Head-Options, Background-Personal Maker, Frame-Me

This one took a quite bit of editing, but only minor. This was for MsShino's color themed contest. Most of the colors I used are on the doll and the chair.
Background-Renderosity, Frame-Me, Chair-Options
Aww, you and Miranda are a pair of centaur cuties arent you, well done also on the blonde streak in Miranda's tail.
When I saw your vintage beauty, I was really surprised at how well the colours turned out, she is beautiful and the dress and hair are both awesome.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#93 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-04-2013, 12:16 AM

Thank you Ness! Miranda's tail took a little bit of editing, and I thought the blonde streak would add a nice touch. Glad to think people thought so too!

(#94 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 06-07-2013, 11:11 PM

Wow! I really haven't uploaded in while...

The white border isn't going to look good here in the forums, but it definitely stands out against the contest blue. I didn't want to go for a sad, bluesy feel. Instead I went with blue water-type poke'mon! And me as the trainer of course.
[Credit: Aussiemum777-Outfit]

My new favorite doll! This is for Bridie's underwater creature contest, and I absolutely LOVE jellyfish!
[Credit: Tinkerbell_96-Dress, Renderosity-Background, Hair and jellyfish-LancasterPrincess]

Just a quick small doll. I believe it was Mrs.Peacock, at the stairs, with an Oscar! XD
[Credit:LancasterPrincess:Hair and Dress)

Lots more coming!

Last edited by eros : 06-07-2013 at 11:21 PM.
(#95 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default Mermaids! - 06-07-2013, 11:21 PM

Mermaids are my favorite fictional creatures! It would be pretty awesome to be one!

These are from Lovie's Mermaid Pageant. If I remember right, she's a Southern Bell, likes dress up tea parties, and a Primrose must be included. Her little octopus friend is quite the gentlemen, with his hat and eyeglass.
[Credit: Renderosity-Background, LancasterPrincess-Hat, Aussiemum777-Head]

Second entry. Asian mermaid with her headdress, adorable pandas, and her black and white tail.
[Credit: Renderosity-Background, LancasterPrincess-Headdress, Aussiemum777-Head]

I hardly even notice the doll. The background is breath taking. I applaud whoever made the background.
[Credit: LancasterPrincess-Head, Background, and Body]

Not quite done...

Last edited by eros : 06-11-2013 at 09:31 PM.
(#96 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default Sweet Dreams! ZZZzzzz - 06-07-2013, 11:44 PM

This one took me forever to do. Everything had to be just right! That's why it's on the only doll on this panel.
Most of the pieces weren't already saved to my computer. And I really wanted to use a baby as an example, but there's not a lot of those (pixel wise). After searching for an hour for a background on renderosity, I got tired and went to Styledollz and found the BG in about a minute. -_- Then the crib on Dazzling Divas. The baby was a hard one, but I found a prop of a stork carrying a baby, and cropped out the stork. The shadows were easy for the crib, but I didn't know how to achieve it with the doll, so no shadows for her. Anyways I can easily say I'm proud of this one!
[Credit: Syle Dollz-Background, TDP Anime Maker-Sparkles, Fonts.com-Font Dazzling Divas-Crib, LancasterPrincess-Dress and Head, Me-Frame]

ALL DONE!

(#97 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 06-08-2013, 01:25 AM

Oh wow, I haven't commented in forever!

Okay, here goes: Lovely Centaurs: Wow, I'm glad Ness said something about Miranda's streak in the tail. That is an AWESOME detail to add, great job!

Vintage Valentine: I absolutely love that outfit, it's very unique, and it works perfectly for the theme without being 'expected'.

Pokemon: I love your use of the background in this one. Those ledges and stones came in handy!

Jellyfish: This is super cute, and it reminds me of the game I'm currently playing, Mermaid World's Electra Mermaid

Murder Mystery: Omg I died when I first saw the Oscar as the weapon. That was pure genius.

Primrose Tea: This is by far, my favorite of your dolls. I just LOVE the color combo you chose, and that handsome octopus is just awesome.

Asain Mermaid: This one was really neat. My only beef was the skin tone, but that's just me being picky.

Sunset Fantasy: I know what you mean, that background is completly phenomenal. You should see the animated version. I was blown away when I found it.

Sweet Dreams. I really loved this doll for one completely unintentional reason. My late MIL was blonde and she never got to see my daughter, or even know we would be pregnant shortly after she passed. It warmed my heart to see this because I just envisioned her standing over Gracie's crib, wishing her sweet dreams from Heaven.

Great job on all the dolls! Sorry I haven't be commenting regularly, but I will try to keep up this time!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#98 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 06-08-2013, 11:22 PM

Beautiful dolls as per usual,
I really love your sweet dreams dollie, the pastel colours are so serene and peaceful, perfect for a young baby, Great job on collecting props, I can see the effort in the doll.
I especially love the southern belle mermaid, Oh and you forgot to credit me for the asian & southern belle mermaids and also both heads.

(#99 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 06-11-2013, 09:34 PM

Thank you Lovie! I'm glad the "Sweet Dreams" has some meaning to you. And I do agree with you about the Asian skin tone. I had trouble finding a palette.

And thanks Ness! Also sorry 'bout that. You sometimes forget where everything came from after a while. I'll fix it!

(#100 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default Adventure is Out There! - 07-25-2013, 02:11 PM

I was trying to think, "What would a Wizard do with gold?" But Wizards don't really have the need for it, so what better way than to have munchkin slaves build a "yellow" brick road for you!
[Background-Renderosity, Dress-Aussiemum777's Personal Maker, Frame-Me]

The Alien doll was a bit tricky. I got the idea from the movie Cowboys vs. Aliens because according to the movie, aliens covet gold as much as we do. The cowboy and girl tied up represent the main characters Jake (Daniel Craig) and Alice (Abigail Spencer). I changed up the ending, so instead of the aliens dying and having their ship blow up, they defeat the cowboys and escape with the gold. >=) And then they leave to "Find More".
[Background and UFO-Renderosity, Gold-LancasterPrincess's Personal Maker, Cactus- Aussiemum777's Personal Maker, Frame-Me]

Last edited by eros : 07-25-2013 at 05:11 PM.