Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#51 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-06-2013, 08:14 PM

Same makers as previous post.

Flavor inspired club contest:

I was debating between many different directions (as Alsie knows because I was PMing her throughout ) but I decided on these dresses because the really look like chilis, and the shawl gets the chocolate covered part across perfectly.

Myth inspired club contest:

Harpies are difficult to doll...I wanted to make the shrill scavenger aspect come across in the wings and location. Truth be told, I would have left them naked if I could have, but they needed some kind of covering for decency's sake.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#52 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-14-2013, 08:28 PM

Flavor: Chocolate covered chilies huh? Probably would never eat them myself. You did a great job incorporating the theme into the doll without actually doing so. Like the red hot dress along with the chocolate boa (or whatever they're called)

Myth: I think I would have had trouble with this myth. I like their outfits, but they don't seem to match with their dark wings. I looked up harpies, and they're creepy creatures. Perhaps darker color/type of clothing could of matched better.

Elven Warrior: She is AWESOME! I love the hippo and you added a lot of details.

Helga: What can I say? Helga's lifelong dream is to be a secret agent (or president), live in Paris, and of course marry Arnold! (Big Hey Arnold fan here ) Nice job!

International: The colors go nicely together and I like the outfit. Only CC is that is seems a little plain, but there's not much you could do about that.

Garden of Eden: Simply amazing! The frame is epic and it's so creative to use the Naga base.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#53 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 08-19-2013, 10:07 PM

Thanks, Rachel! I'm glad you liked my warrior elf...it was hard to figure ut what to do for her. And yeah, those harpies were a bother. Would have left them naked xD I probably could have drawn something in, but I was feeling lazy that day haha

Le Doll Dump! All of these were made using Lovie's maker, Ness's maker, Donette's maker, styledollz, dollzmania, and my own work.

For Ness's Arabian Nights contest. Had to make an exotic doll in a night setting. Finally got to use a background I'd been wanting to for ages! This doll won that contest, and Ness made me a lovely new head that I'm sure I'll use eventually. Thanks, Ness!

For the earth round of the Giant Beauties contest. This one was difficult to work with cause the size of the base is almost 250 pixels tall, but I think it works somewhat. The other entries looked much more put together than this one haha

I forget exactly which contest this was for, but it was another case of being able to use a background and outfit that I'd wanted to for a long time. It's simple, but I like it a lot. Frame by Chessie (where is that girl anyway?).

For (I think it was Lovie's?) International Icon contest. This is supposed to be Germany's eagle. Edited the dress to look like the German flag, and gave her black hair to continue the color scheme. I feel kinda meh about this doll, though.

(#54 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 08-19-2013, 10:24 PM

Le Doll Dump, part deux! All of these were made using Lovie's maker, Ness's maker, Donette's maker, styledollz, dollzmania, and my own work.

For round one of the Adventure Pageant (whatever happened to subsequent rounds of that contest?): doll your character doing what they'd do with a bunch of money. I couldn't figure out how to get the gold to look better, but that's cause I spent a majority of my time and effort on this doll editing her arm so it looks like she's "shushing" because the location of her treasure is a secret. I wasn't sure if my concept was creative or cliche, to be honest. I did heavy face editing, too. I like the background and frame but wish I'd used a treasure chest or something instead of the pile of gold coins. Want to see what it should have looked like? Look at Rachel's pirate in Miranda's pirate contest right now.

This one I made specifically for the purpose of fitting three separate contests: The Foxy contest, the Halloween/Autumn contest, and the Orange contest. I didn't want to reuse the doll I made for the last orange themed contest, so I tried to come up with something completely different. I think it's actually pretty cute, and an interesting take on the "foxy" prompt.

For Donnette's Monster High:Frankie contest. Guh, this doll. Pain in the behind! It was so difficult to get her to look right. I liked that base cause it had similar proportions to the actual designs of the characters, but the huge eyes and weird angel were horrifying to work with. The head went through some major edits. I ended up resizing things from Dollzmania's Monster High maker since some of it I just couldn't find. Also screen-shot the plaid pattern and used it as a brush. The frame was interesting...attempted to edit the skulls to look like the Monster High logo, and added the bows. Interesting, but not exactly pretty. Oh well!

For the Fairy Pageant. I was SO thrilled to be able to use this outfit! Spent a lot of time editing the skin color and changing the dress so it looked more tree like...she is supposed to resemble a tree, I was kinda going for a dryad type thing. That's why she has messier, bushier hair, and wings that look like leaves. I struggled to pick a proper background and frame for this; I kept vacillating between two combos I liked, but this one won out cause the glitter looked better, and it wasn't quite so dark.

(#55 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 08-19-2013, 10:44 PM

And now, the crown jewel! (Plus another older one)

For Lovie's DIY Background contest. This thing took me nearly 6, 7 hours straight to complete. Used items from Ness's maker, Lovie's maker, styledollz, and drew in her outfit. The pose was what sold me. It's just so...cave-woman like xD I melded two cave openings to get what you see here, and I smudged the edges so they wouldn't be so harsh. I used a grass prop, resized it, rotated it, and repeated the process a couple times to add moss to those cave walls. Knew I wanted the fire and the log in there, but realized it was missing something, so added the wolf. Also used the cave drawings cause they fit, and added a little hammer tool. Added vine-y leaves on top of the moss. Found a good background to use for the night sky, and the view from inside the cave looking out was born. Drew the dress in last, added the head and toned down the color, decided her neck looked bare so found a necklace that kinda looked like teeth and played that up, and then, I was ready to start animating.

Lordy, this animation. It was difficult to get the flames to look right; I probably should have played with the height of their placement more. Spent FOR-EV-ER trying to get the flickering shadows to look right, without having them change too much, and having them flicker in the right direction. Dunno how truly successful I was in that endeavor. Had a hard time making her look like she was sitting in the scene and not just pasted on top of the log; also unsure of my success. Used the CC from a while back and added in an extra frame to delay the animation a little so it wouldn't be so jarring.

I struggled to find a fitting frame; there were lots I wanted to use, but they ended u cutting off the bottom or the wolf or whatnot. This one worked because it's arched and it follows the arch of the cave mouth. Nixed adding any text since the focus of this contest was the background, and I didn't want to obscure it anymore than the frame already did. Chose that glitter tile cause it looks flame-like, fell over from exhaustion.

Just kidding on that last part...but this truly is the doll I've put the most effort into to date. I didn't even PLAN on doing a prehistoric doll; it just sort of happened when I played around a bit. In fact, I'd wanted to to a Greco-Roman temple type thing, but I couldn't find a good enough canvas to start with (read: flat rocky area with a sky background).

And for good measure...

A doll I made for a contest that only allowed items from the Unique maker, with no edits other than rotation and copy-paste allowed. Was proud of the frame made out of sleeves I got on this one : )

The kissing version of my banner doll because look at that pose! Dress made by Lovie. I had fun adding in the hat and parasol here. I should probably edit it so that it winks too lol.

Last edited by belladoggy : 06-19-2014 at 05:57 AM.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-20-2013, 09:05 PM

So many lovely dolls!
Desert Flower I just adore the frame! And I've had that background just waiting to be used, but there never was a good time. It really goes well with the theme.
Giant Beauty You weren't the only one with trouble trying to make sure the doll was small enough! XD I like how the flowers on the dress match the flowers in the tree. My only CC is that although the skintone is pale, maybe instead of a purple-ish outline a light brown would have made her stand out a bit more.
Woodland Magic The doll is very cute. (I love all these circular frames. Maybe I'll have to see about making some.)
Germany I'll agree with you that the doll is kind of "meh". There's not a lot I have to say about it.
Secret Stash I think you actually did pretty well with this doll. Pirates usually just kept the gold to themselves, or hide it. They didn't really need to buy anything considering they would just steal it. XD Oh and you are suburb at animating/glittering. It's smooth and clean.
Trick or Treat I give you kudos for making another doll instead of reusing the other one. CC would be is that her face and outfit could have been shaded more. Sorry it's just something I'm picky about nowadays.
Frankie Stein I don't watch the show, but I did look up the character. You did a good job recreating her! And I LOVE how you revamped my frame to go with Frankie. (I'm always happy to see my frames used!)
And just a random fact, but I think you already know this since you seem to be into literature: Frankenstein isn't actually the monster, it's the creator. The monster is simply called...the monster!
Forest Fairy OOh l like this one! The frame is beautiful and I like the earthy tones.
CROWN JEWEL! WOW!!! You did soo awesome on this!! I can't even tell that you put it together with random props; It looks like a pre-made background. And kudos to you for animating it. I don't think I could have spent that much time on one doll!
Unique A unique is a unique. LOL! Creative points to you for a sleeved frame! XD
Avi Lovie sure did a great job making the dress, didn't she? The cute pose and kiss animation are a nice touch.

(#57 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 01-21-2014, 02:15 AM

Thanks, Rachel! If I remember, I'll come back and respond to these.

Quick new doll! I recently saw Disney's "Frozen" and it was awesome. Elsa is my new favorite p̶r̶i̶n̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ Queen. Also we are the same person. So I decided to doll her since I haven't in a while and none of the current contests are striking any inspiration. Maybe I'll host a Frozen contest eventually or edit her into a "winter wonderland" setting. Anyway.

credit: styledollz.com, Options, and my own editing to get the sleeves/lack of gloves/proper bodice and colors/face.

EDIT: I did indeed edit her into a Winter Wonderland setting

Last edited by belladoggy : 06-06-2014 at 03:24 PM.
(#58 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 06-04-2014, 01:26 PM

One more recent doll! For Donette's Indian Princess contest:

Rules were that she had to live a lavish lifestyle and have long black hair.

I had fun "building the scene" again, so to speak. Most of this is from Styledollz, some of it is from Options or Purrfection (I made it offline and can't remember which specific pieces are from where). Frame is from Aaron's Frames. I edited her skin and face from basic Jasmine doll parts (which I believe may be found in the Aladdin maker at Styledollz)

(#59 (permalink))
Old
celune (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 06-04-2014, 10:35 PM

I love the sparkles! She's so pretty and the background is gorgeous. Good luck! (Not that you'll need it!)

Base by KawaiiHannah
(#60 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 07-01-2014, 01:10 PM

Aw, thanks! Haha at this point I don't really enter contests to win (though it is nice when I do end up winning), but to practice my dolling and challenge myself. I like to be as close to the theme as possible while still adding in my own flair.

I made this doll for Miranda's Fluttershy contest after getting into a fight with the background and frame I wanted to use (stupid things wouldn't fit with each other without cropping out basically the entire actual doll), so I went for a more "minimalist" approach and tried to compensate by adding in some simple blinking animation. Not crazy elaborate, but I like it for its simplicity. Plus, I really think I captured her character. It's not super obvious, but I did add a slight blush. She's even holding a little Angel bunny! And I managed to work in her cutie mark and the fact that she's a pegasus
Rachel, I tried to take your advice and add some more shading to her body this time, but I do not know if it really worked.
Makers used were styledollz, Options, and Purrrfection. (As usual )

EDIT: It's only been a couple days, so here is YET ANOTHER new doll!

Made for the Ice Skating contest. I considered adding snow, but decided it would make the doll too busy. It is supposed to look like she is spinning; I had to add in an extra delay frame because it went far too fast otherwise and ended up creating black streaks thanks to her elevated skate. I actually used a glitter tile for once; this one came from The_Contestants prop drop (I think) but I recolored it from pink to purple. I also re-shaded the face and exposed parts of the body; it is amazing how much that can tie a doll into itself; I really see what Rachel was talking about before. All of the items, save the frame, came from Styledollz's new Ice Skating prep maker; the frame is from Options.

Last edited by belladoggy : 07-03-2014 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Adding in another doll