Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-08-2012, 02:18 PM

One MORE new one (haha I'm probably lying again xD)! This is slightly late, but it's my ghost for Ness's mythical beauties pageant:

I made the frame myself, and all the other props, background, etc. came from styledollz.info. Animated in GIMP.

My idea originally was she was hung/committed suicide as part of a "forbidden love" type thing, but I couldn't get a good enough looking rope/noose, and I think I'm leaning towards she was drowned in a river in this forest, so she haunts this clearing looking for her lover. But that's a story for my round 2 doll Funny how working through dolls changes my prospects for them

EDIT: I told you I was probably lying xD

Round 2! I decided to change it so her lover marries someone else cause, you know, she's dead. This was a bit harder to do, but I'm really happy with how it came out. And how it tells a story with no text; that's probably what I'm most proud of. And same credits as above. Plus maybe the TDP personal makers for the bg.

Av/Sig set: Lovie

Last edited by belladoggy : 08-14-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 08-31-2012, 03:53 PM

Since this one ISN'T a pageant doll, I think she warrants her own post

My Jessica Rabbit doll, for Tristan contest! This one took far longer than usual for two main reasons: One, I had to do a lot of heavy editing, and two, my image editor kept freezing up on me and losing my progress.

So. For the editing: changed the color of her dress, made it strapless, edited out a necklace, gave her a b.o0b job (I mean, have you seen this character? Wow-za!), drew in the gloves, and edited her strappy sandals into pumps. that was just on the outfit. I also totally modified her face, fixed her makeup, made her eyeshadow much more pronounced, and drew her hair falling over half of her face, plus adding extra strands/highlights to make it look more uniform. And changed it from blonde to this color. Made her mouth and nose smaller, changed her eye color and skin-tone.

For the background, I took a screenshot of the nightclub in the movie and superimposed that curtain on the one of the background I was already using by playing with opacity. Did my shadow trick for the instruments, but it looked weird when I tried to do it in the spotlight so I left it out. Made sure to make her dress EXTRA sparkle-y, haha.

I used styledollz.info for the head, background, and all the instruments (bass, piano, microphone), and I believe the outfit I used as a stating point came from
Ness's maker Purrrfection (if it didn't, it was also from styledollz), plus the frame was a gift from her. And a screenshot of the movie, which clearly I claim no ownership of. I think the text I used is called "Learning Curve".

So yeah. Pretty proud of her. the quote is in reference to the song she sings in the movie. It's actually a pretty famous blues-y torch song. I have a musical anthology that includes it entitled "Torch Songs in Sultry Keys"

Ahem. Anyway. I will be my sharing the edited items with everyone

Last edited by belladoggy : 08-31-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-31-2012, 06:40 PM

Wow! She looks great! And all that work! Just WOW!
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 09-20-2012, 06:44 AM

she's gorgeous, great job Bridie!

(#35 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 09-21-2012, 12:04 PM

Can't make frames my butt, your frames are awesome!

I was a huge fan of your ghost doll! I really feel like I lost a real treat in not seeing your entries for the final rounds, lol.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#36 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 09-21-2012, 06:59 PM

Haha well it was only ONE frame and I had to do quite a bit of cleanup....(wait, I just remembered the ones in the club prop drop....oh yeah )

Thanks, guys! I know, I just couldn't think of ANYTHING for round three that would match up with the previous two dolls (in terms of how I could make it extra complex, haha), and round four kind of fell through due to that. I might make that one anyway, though, since I LOVED the theme.

New dollies! (So happy the club contest dolls were posted because I've been itching to post mine here since I finished it, haha)

Makers used: TDP Angel maker, fire background from google (other from one of TDP personal makers;forgot exactly which one), flames, cloud, and frames from the newly relaunched . Options . ! Awesome maker; if you can, please go rate it a 5 to fix negative ratings from when it first went online 3 or 4 years ago :]

I suppose I did the opposites thing on a subconscious level to make up for not entering the last contest, haha. That, and so I'd have an excuse to use the oh-so-cute demon outfits! I really enjoyed melding the two backgrounds and using two frames that I thought fir the characters. Twas a very fun doll to make!

Aaaand two dolls for Miranda's tektek contest (may msy s third in yet anothrt outfit/style that I use, haha)

The reason I dolled
myself as Dorothy for Miranda's contest is twofold:
one, it's a real costume I had for Halloween at age 5,
and 2 (more importantly), the movie holds deep
spiritual meaning for me because it is a theme used for
one of the retreats at my church, and next time we do
it (in 2014), I'm hoping to play the part of Dorothy.
I was going for a modern-ish interpretation of the costume here (usually she has blue socks, a white blouse with blue trim, and blue bows in her braids)
Background from styledollz.info, frame a gift from Ness

This one is based on my competition attire: a grey skirt suit with dark nylons, black ballet flats, a lavender blouse, rhinestone earrings, and usually pearls, though there weren't any that fit for this particular doll, plus my hair in an updo (fake hair buns for the win! couldn't get it as "curly" as I'd have liked, but the fact that it looks "clean" was more important). The text says "4n6 for Life", which means "forensics for life", which is what the practice of speech and debate is known as in the US. In high school, there is an NFL, or National Forensics League. They host national competitions for speechies from all over the country. The background came from another TDP personal maker (I dulled it a bit so the doll stood out), and the frame is from Pyro's Frames.

(#37 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 09-21-2012, 08:41 PM

Ness makes frames?! I had no idea! That's stunning! I love your Club contest doll. I have to admit I was taken aback that you dolled your partner as the demon but it makes sense now that you say you like the demon outfits better. Lol

Thanks for the vote recommendation! It means a lot to see all the support!

And good luck with the Dorthy roll!

(#38 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 09-21-2012, 09:04 PM

Thanks! I must admit, I was a little worried that my choice would have that reaction, but just look at that dress! It was calling to me I hope Angel is okay with it (I liked the way her blonde hair contrasted with the black, and the dress my doll is wearing is my favorite out of the angel outfits). Plus, she's not an evil demon; she just likes to cause trouble. A cute lil' devil, if you will. An imp. Something I'd never be able to pull off

(#39 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 09-21-2012, 09:22 PM

Indeed! Lace trim is always stunning.

(#40 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-23-2012, 08:45 PM

Bridie I just love your Club entry, it makes me smile ^^ My only CC is the the fire animation seems to be going a bit fast.

I love your entires for Miranda's contest. Very cute.

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie