Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 08-09-2011, 01:11 AM

Your rain doll is oh so cute Bridie and The harvest of souls doll is very creative I can see thast you put a lot of time and effort into it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-12-2012, 05:50 PM

Thanks, Ness! I was quite proud.

So. It's been a little under a year, and I actually do have some new dollz! Quite sad Miss TDP 2 had to stop, as it was a very fun challenge, but it's just as well.

Anyway, the recents:

Current avi for the main site (bg and tail provided by Ness; everything else from styledollz and/or edited by me):

Moonlight Angel doll for Miranda's contest (used a bg Lovie made, a frame that was a gift from Ness, wings from styledollz, and The_Contestants maker, with arm position edits by me):

Little Black Dress doll for Ness's contest (styledollz, and I forget exactly where the couch came from...I want to say rommie or eloui or something like that...I changed it's size, The_Contestants maker for the frame):

And finally, most recent, my doll for the upcoming banner (used styledollz swimwear and cup):

Made offline with the gimp, as usual ;] I intentionally made the angel doll stick out of the frame...it's supposed to make you think she's inviting you into the scene, a "follow me" type of sentiment. Or she's just peeking out..either way I like breaking that barrier. And of course playing with opacity and shadows to make the LBD doll seem like a complete scene rather than something just pasted together.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 07-12-2012, 05:59 PM

Oh, one more, for the LAST club contest; theme was travel and I was assinged Asia so I could doll any country from there, and I chose Japan.

styledollz, Pyro's Frames.

(#24 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 07-12-2012, 06:56 PM

I LOVE the moon doll! SO pretty! And that frame design is to die for gorgeous!

My only CC is to make the frames pretty too. Other than that your dolls are perfect IMO!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#25 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 07-12-2012, 07:04 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by "make the frames pretty"...they actually are glittered, but it's very, very hard to tell, so maybe that's what you're referring too?

And thank you so much! couldn't have done it without you...between critiques, competition, and the amount of items you shared, you've influenced my dolling SO so much...I think you're the one that made the original outfit from the moon doll, right? And I do love Aaron's old frames. Absolutely gorgeous things.

(#26 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 07-12-2012, 11:51 PM

Yup, I engineered that outfit.

You're right, they are glittered. I saw them on my phone and you couldn't see it on the small screen, but I do see it on the laptop screen, lol.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#27 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 07-31-2012, 05:23 PM

One more new one; for the current club contest. Theme was animals and I was assigned winged. I was scrolling through my background collection and was inspired by this one, then ran with my inspiration. This is the result:

I tried something new: actually animating the wings! Of course, that meant I had to make duplicates of everything so things stayed in the right spot (without jumping around), so I'm not as happy with this as I could have been. I had to save early, though, because my comp started acting up, which means the bodies were stuck in a place that looking back I would have liked to fix. I also maybe should have added some bees flying around as props, but was in such a rush to finish that I left them out/forgot I also didn't get to do my normal drop shadow trick due to the aforementioned wonkiness in my computer. Any way, I'm pretty happy with the wing animation and think the background and frame fir well together (I did have to resize the bg a bit, but it worked out pretty well, so I'm happy.

I also did quite a bit of finagling with the legs; that's a unique pose that I made via copy/paste/rotate/erase, and it's probably what took the longest.

used: a frame from Chessie, TheDollmakers.org bumble bee maker, and I think various TDP personal makers for the bg? I don't remember exactly where it came from.

(#28 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-31-2012, 06:44 PM

I LOVE the animation with this doll! It makes it so much better! And the poses are so cute.

(#29 (permalink))
Old
Blondie (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-01-2012, 01:19 AM

I really like this doll you made, i think is super cute and the background and boarder work so well! The boarder kinda looks like a honey comb, is that what you were thinking as well? The animation looks really good, its nice and smooth. I agree, little bees buzzing (or glittering) around would have looked super cute! Overall great job!
(#30 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 08-01-2012, 03:58 AM

Thank you! Lol this doll is turning out to be more popular than I thought it would.

As for the frame, that's exactly what I was thinking, especially when I cleared everything for the transparent parts...originally it was just the corners that I thought resembled honeycomb, but then I realized the whole thing was kind of hexagonal (because it's actually more of an octagon, but it looks like honeycomb cereal, lol), and with the yellow color, it was just a perfect fit.