Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
(#1 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default Ж-The Royal Dollery-Ж - 07-14-2010, 05:14 PM

Well, I need a place to post the dolls I make, so I suppose this is it.

First doll is some flapper for the decades contest. The doll is supposed to look like an old, grainy, faded photo inside a golden frame. The dress goes just below the knees, which was very typical of the time, and considered quite daring back then. Since the shoes could be seen and weren't hidden by skirts, the 20s brought on shoes as a truly fashionable thing, and designers were starting to play with different styles of shoes. I also gave her the typical short her, rouged cheeks, and extremely dark eyes of the time. The hat she's wearing is a "cloche" hat, "cloche" being French for Bell. The frame in and of itself is Art Deco-inspired. Art Deco was an artistic movement going on during the 20s that favored clean lines and geometric shapes.

Credits:
Cloche hat, fur shawl, pattern on dress all made by me.
Border is from Royalty Free Stock Photo: Art Deco Style border frame
Doll, dress, and red carpet from http://www.thedollpalace.com/dollmak...doll-maker.php

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!