Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#71 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 01-19-2013, 10:59 AM

Round 2 of my Elven Pageant. This one was all to do with battles. Credit my maker.

Final round of the Elven Pageant. This one was magic having to do with your territory. Gems come from underground, so I chose gem creation as my magic. Credit my maker.

I think this one is one of my all-time faves. I just love everything about it. Made for my Littlest Gems contest. Credit to my my maker.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#72 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 01-19-2013, 11:11 AM

Another Littlest Gems entry. This one I was excited to do, and so glad it came out decently. I absolutely love the innocent-turn-maleficent as you zoom in. I should also add it irks me that this doll isn't factual. Clothes moths, know for destroying clothes, aren't responsible for the damage, but their offspring are.

Another Moth Doll. Credit to my maker. Also, wanted to add the frame detail, for this one and the previous doll, I chose frames that looked like their antennae, didn't know if that was obvious or not?

Another doll I'm not supposed to upload. This is my doll for the International Pageant Ness is hosting. I begged for Saudi Arabia in hopes for a certain possibility, but casual wear was not one of them, lol. The oppression women face in that country is insane. I hope the next rounds let me explore their freedom a bit more.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#73 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 01-19-2013, 11:14 AM

These last two I really like. I've grown to love sparkles more than glitter, lol. This was for Miranda's Garden of Eden contest. Credit to mine and Ness's maker.

This is for Rachel's Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head contest. I gave her the stink eye for getting that song stuck in my head. But the contest was too good to pass up, especially because it called for sparkles. ^^ Credit to TDP's dolls for the large portrait doll that I edited, and then my maker as well.

(#74 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 01-19-2013, 02:47 PM

Wow! Someone hasn't posted in a while.

Edgy Elegance: I love how dramatic she looks. And love that you didn't go the traditional pastel/bright way with the fantasy look.

Brazillian Beauty: I think you pulled this off perfectly. I love all the colors! And using the birds on the frame looks so awesome! Also you wouldn't have been limited cause I included historical in the description. ^^

Madeline: I really like the idea for Madeline, and the doll itself looks good, but I don't see it as Madeline. I guess I just don't see her wearing yellow.

Elf Warrior: I really don't have anything to say about this one. It's fine. But it's not one of my favorites. It's just.... there... *shrug*

Elf Magic: I really like what you did with the dress. The gems in the background pulsing with magic look cool. The only thing I don't really care for are the sparkles on the words. There are so many and they are so bright that they kinda distract from the rest of the doll.

Webworm Moth: This one is my fav. The 'moth' looks gorgeous. And the background looks perfect.

Clothing Moth: She's adorable. The 'In your closet, eating your clothes' makes me think of LOLCats. ^^ And the devious expression is perfect!

Primrose Moth: She's so pretty. I was actually considering doing this moth for my second entry, but I got insanely busy and never got a chance to make a second entry.

Saudi Arabia: The outfit looks pretty spot-on. My only complaint, and this shows that I read waaaaay to much random crap, is that a date palm looks quite a bit different than a coconut palm. Sorry I'm weird about some things. I really love that font though.

Eden: I really like this. I love how you have the grass overlapping the doll so it doesn't look pasted onto the background. Very cool. And the background is freaking gorgeous!!

Rain Fairy: This doll is pretty, but I don't really get rain from it. I guess the sparkels in the background could be dew. To me the girl looks sorta out of place... I dunno I just don't really see it. For me this is just a rare miss.

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#75 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 01-19-2013, 02:54 PM

Lol, I've only ever seen her wear yellow, so I stuck with that. She wears other colors in other renditions though.

(#76 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 01-19-2013, 02:59 PM

Wow. I've never seen her in yellow. Weird. In all the books I read as a kid she was in either blue or red.

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#77 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 01-19-2013, 03:02 PM

Probably because they were books, these were her cartoons, lol. I've never read the books, so my only experience with her was the movies and a few cartoon episodes here and there. I've seen her wear the blue coat with yellow hat before, but this is what I remember instantly.

(#78 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 01-19-2013, 03:13 PM

That makes sense. I remember in 1st or 2nd grade I would read all of the Madeline books during Library time. ^^

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#79 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-20-2013, 10:39 PM

Your All Grown Up Doll is so cool! The colors, background, clothing all go together nicely.
The Elf dolls were all amazing. You never cease to amaze me! I love how you change the face. Lol! It's not a normal prep face, but it looks good. And where on earth did you find that lizard!! AWESOME!!
And of course those frames are so beautiful!

There's one question I have though. Where do you find all these fonts? Most the ones I have seem flat while yours seem to stand out a bit more.

(#80 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 01-20-2013, 10:58 PM

Thanks! And the frames you made for me are my favorites, obviously right? I use them the most, more so than even my own frames, lol.

The text I use is mostly from a download I got years ago from Download.com It came with...1,000? 5,000? I can't remember. Anyway I also downloaded a font viewer and pick and chose only ones I knew I'd use and then only kept those on my computer. However, a few of the ones I'm most fond of came from Pinterest. My absolute favorite is called Champagne. It's the one that's really swirly. As far as making them pop I use photoshop effects for the color and then take the layer and duplicate it. Move it one pixel to the right, duplicate it and move it one pixel down, then merge the two frames and darken it, then put it underneath the original layer. It makes the font more legible. Not sure what you meant for "pop", so if I didn't answer your question let me know and I'll try again.